Media "I want Robert Whittaker next"

Crazy Librarian

僕は神だ
Banned
Reaction score

timestamped.

"I took everything he has (on Chimaev). But he's avoiding me, he is scared. So maybe Whittaker, we'll see who's next for me. I think it will be a great fight."

Will be a real great fight if Paulo shows up like he did against Romero.
What do my sherbros think?

giphy.gif

I could see it, Rob recently talked about slowly getting into a camp next week and seems to be talking to matchmakers about his next bout(source is from his instagram).
Another thing is Rob is also set on fighting in February for that upcoming Australia card, idk if it's a PPV or not but if it's a FN card Rob/Costa has a strong possibility to being the main event for it.

Costa was also aiming to fight in early 2023 due to his broken hand from the Rockhold fight so it seems likely that him and Whittaker will be fighting each other around that period.

I could see it, Rob recently talked about slowly getting into a camp next week and seems to be talking to matchmakers about his next bout(source is from his instagram).
Another thing is Rob is also set on fighting in February for that upcoming Australia card, idk if it's a PPV or not but if it's a FN card Rob/Costa has a strong possibility to being the main event for it.

Costa was also aiming to fight in early 2023 due to his broken hand from the Rockhold fight so it seems likely that him and Whittaker will be fighting each other around that period.

I am not sure if Rob wants that fight not because of Costa being a chellenge or anything of that nature but due to Costa being irrelevant at this his 2-1 in his last 3 fights including he went life and death with a retired Luke Rockhold who in my opinion could have defeat costa if he had some gas tank

Whittaker made Vetorri gunshy by hitting him so hard, I think he finishes Costa. The footwork difference is huge and Costa gassed pretty bad against Rockhold.
I agree with @Substance Abuse that Whittaker will most likely win a clear decision, however if it's a five rounder I could definitely see Whittaker getting a finish in the later rounds.

I agree with @Substance Abuse that Whittaker will most likely win a clear decision, however if it's a five rounder I could definitely see Whittaker getting a finish in the later rounds.

Absolutely.. Costa is kinda of lucky that Khamzat is gunning for a Leon Edwards fight and the title hence he may dodge a first round execution via submission. But I hope Costa stays relevant enough in the MW division when Khamzat conquers WW and comes up I want him around..

Whittaker should be able to finish this version of Costa

No idea if Costa will look good.

He looked like pure garbage in his last fight.
Gassing ultra hard,no being able to finishing Luke, mostly naked strikes 0 set up, no fight iq and weak chin.

I am not sure if Rob wants that fight not because of Costa being a chellenge or anything of that nature but due to Costa being irrelevant at this his 2-1 in his last 3 fights including he went life and death with a retired Luke Rockhold who in my opinion could have defeat costa if he had some gas tank
Good points, but Rob doesn't care about that and he just loves to compete against anyone the UFC put in front of him.
Even if the second fight against Izzy was close, the reality is Whittaker is 0-2 against him.

He's still hunting for that belt and unlike other top contenders he won't just sit on the sidelines waiting for another TS if that means he'll have to wait for when the champion is ready.
Prime example of this is him accepting the first Costa matchup back in 2021(Costa did withdraw from that bout and Gastelum stepped in) after he just defeated Till and Cannonier, Whittaker already had another TS locked in however he chose to keep fighting while Izzy was up at LHW.

Back to this potential Whittaker/Costa fight tho, I do think Rob needs another solid one or two more wins if want another crack at Izzy and he hasn't fought Costa yet.
Him being active and beating anyone the UFC give him is the fastest/best way to do it too.
Another thing that this fight brings is the narrative that Rob beats him and Izzy's common opponents in better fashion(partly true IMO). Izzy TKO'ing Costa is arguably his best performance so let's if Whittaker can do it just as good or better.

No idea if Costa will look good.

He looked like pure garbage in his last fight.
Gassing ultra hard,no being able to finishing Luke, mostly naked strikes 0 set up, no fight iq and weak chin.

Luke could have won that fight in my honest opinion if he didn't have gas tank. I am not even sure if luke went thru a training camp for that fight. It looked like a guy who just turned up to fight on the spot. He has had the most dangerous shoots and strikes including Luke did the most damage in the fight including breaking Costa's arm with a kick and keeping Costa down on top of that

Good points, but Rob doesn't care about that and he just loves to compete against anyone the UFC put in front of him.
Even if the second fight against Izzy was close, the reality is Whittaker is 0-2 against him.

He's still hunting for that belt and unlike other top contenders he won't just sit on the sidelines waiting for another TS if that means he'll have to wait for when the champion is ready.
Prime example of this is him accepting the first Costa matchup back in 2021(Costa did withdraw from that bout and Gastelum stepped in) after he just defeated Till and Cannonier, Whittaker already had another TS locked in however he chose to keep fighting while Izzy was up at LHW.

Back to this potential Whittaker/Costa fight tho, I do think Rob needs another solid one or two more wins if want another crack at Izzy and he hasn't fought Costa yet.
Him being active and beating anyone the UFC give him is the fastest/best way to do it too.
Another thing that this fight brings is the narrative that Rob beats him and Izzy's common opponents in better fashion(partly true IMO). Izzy TKO'ing Costa is arguably his best performance so let's if Whittaker can do it just as good or better.
Rob is in terrible position at 185 imo. Beating contenders left and right without being a champion. One of the reason I want Poatan to win. I want Rob to be a champion again. With Izzy being on top, hard for me to picture Rob's 3rd title shot will happen.

True if you look it from that perspective I can see why Rob would want this fight. But it is gonna be tough for him getting that TS again and fighting Izzy for the 3rd time but if there is nobody else perhaps it can happen..

Back