Media "I want Robert Whittaker next"

The fight makes sense if they're not going to match either up against a lower ranked guy.

Costa vs Strickland/Brunson wouldn't be a bad idea either. Or:

• Whittaker vs Costa
  • Strickland vs Muniz/Brunson
  • Winner vs winner
  • Loser vs loser

Book it, Dana.

A sensible matchup at this time.

From what I know, not many call out Whittaker.

Hespect.

Maybe Costa has a Nate Diaz career ahead of him...facing nonstop killers, making the losses less important. And he seems to have tapped into a personality people love.

But I much prefer Costa/Strickland.

I want Costa to win as much as possible and he'd have a better chance against Strickland.

Who is no one? I don't see anyone turning down fights with Whittaker.

Costa is lucky to get this fight with a total of 0 wins over guys still on the UFC roster.

No one's out there clamoring to fight Whittaker, (or Khamzat for that matter) not saying guys have been turning him down.

Whittaker by superior skills and higher fight IQ.

Anyone calling out Whittaker deserves hespect
People do because Rob's not seen as a "scary" fighter. He's been a decision machine as of late and is too friendly outside the cage for his own good.

Problem is that everyone who gets the fight comes to regret asking for it. Vettori took big shots from Costa for 5 rounds and yet was far more damaged after 3 rounds with Rob.

Costa with a slim puncher's chance and nothing more. There's nobody in the rankings with anything for Rob besides Izzy, and ironically, he's a worse matchup for many than the champ is.

Geez Louise, Paulo doing everything in his power to stay relevant. He's been all over social media doing a shit ton of interviews, doing dumb shite like that liver challenge with that human steroid man, rubbed his sack all over Khamzat's hat than calls him out for a fight. He said Khamzat agreed to fighting him not too long ago and now he wants Whittaker who would UD the crap outta him. Paulo reminding me of an annoying girl that can't get off the phone or something. Sheesh, give the man a fight already so he'd stfu already

Yep as soon Costa signs to fight Whittaker, Khamzat will call him out say hes ducking him lmaoo
Still not worse than sherdog saying khamzat was ducking Costa while he was literally 1 minute removed from beating Holland roflmao

Why the hell anyone would call out Whittaker is beyond me. The guy lost twice to Izzy, so he's kinda out of the title run and is the only dangerous opponent at MW. Sorry but Strickland, Costa and Vettori are all awful and to think that they are on top of that division is scary. No wonder Khamzat could easily fight for the belt at MW.

Rob is a nightmare matchup for 90% of mws.

Costa has to rediscover his big right hand to have a chance. He's more of a single's hitter now.

I am not sure if Rob wants that fight not because of Costa being a chellenge or anything of that nature but due to Costa being irrelevant at this his 2-1 in his last 3 fights including he went life and death with a retired Luke Rockhold who in my opinion could have defeat costa if he had some gas tank

what happen to gourmet chen chen?

lol. This guy is literally trying to remain relevant any way possible. He might actually have a decent ranking, but that doesn’t equate to his actual skill, or the trajectory of his career right now, imo.

One fight ago he missed weight by 20 lbs, and got beat, ffs. So, he calls out a guy aiming for the WW belt right now (as Borz should be). No reply at all from Borz. So now he wants to fight the best, most proven MW fighter in mma not named Izzy?

Sorry guys. But, I’m not impressed. It’s funny how he goes from about the most maligned fighter in the space of two fights, to being a Sherdog darling again.. Just for beating 3 years out of competition Rockhold that turns 38 in a cpl weeks.

Whittaker has nothing at all to gain by whooping Costa’s ass. While ANY fight is a fight that you could actually lose. But, to accept a fight out of pride like that is the last thing a manager/agent should ever approve of.

Costa doesn’t deserve that fight. But if Whittaker accepts it. The odds shouldn’t even be close, imo. And with a gun to my head.. Whittaker wins easily.

Idk if this is the most solid source tbh, but it seems like this card will be a PPV one and set in Perth.
If that's true that means we're most likely getting Volkanovski as a main event in Australia(finally) and Whittaker as co-main probably against Costa.
Some are spreading rumors of Volk/Yair being the fight they're trying to make, however I haven't found any sources that really prove that's being talked about.

Back