Media I went to GLORY 81 and had a blast

I wonder if Glory will organize in America again.
Back in the day they did some US events
They did quite a bit, and were trying to force a lot of subpar American fighters onto the card, and they seemed to lose quite a bit of money in the process. Most of us on this forum were urging them to abandon this market and focus on Europe. Would love to go to a Glory event at some point however. Maybe I need to travel to The Netherlands and see it there, would be awesome with those crowds.

They did quite a bit, and were trying to force a lot of subpar American fighters onto the card, and they seemed to lose quite a bit of money in the process. Most of us on this forum were urging them to abandon this market and focus on Europe. Would love to go to a Glory event at some point however. Maybe I need to travel to The Netherlands and see it there, would be awesome with those crowds.
If you get the chance and can miss some money you really should do that!
I’ve been to several Glory events, and 3 of them Badr Hari was fighting, October 8 will be the fourth time I see him live, this time against Alistair Overeem:D

There really is a sense of respected competitiveness in the air at Glory events, especially when Badr fights
(except from his last fight against Arek Wrzosek. That night the Polish Legia Warschau hooligans didn’t respect other fans and ruined the whole event, so much that my dad and I needed to run out the venue. They’re not kickboxing fans, but football fans and do that shit every week, such a shame. Normally those things never happen at Glory events and you can support just who you want to support).

I really like that atmosphere where everyone is rooting super hard for a guy and you really feel that in the air.
It’s different to for example a London crowd were everyone is singing songs that are played between rounds. That crowd really creates a sense of togetherness, very cool. Also they’re a little bit crazy, which I like too.
Although, Dutch kickboxing crowds create a sense of togetherness in it’s own way through what I’ve described above. Always pumpes me up and gives me goosebumps. You know damn well something big is about to take place..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gio
I'm just blown away that Glory waited so long to give cam footage of that KO.

That KO should have been plastered all over the internet that day/weekend, and re-posted everywhere.

Is it one of their broadcast contracts preventing them from doing so? Otherwise it makes zero logical sense.

I'm just blown away that Glory waited so long to give cam footage of that KO.

That KO should have been plastered all over the internet that day/weekend, and re-posted everywhere.

Is it one of their broadcast contracts preventing them from doing so? Otherwise it makes zero logical sense.
I totally agree man. They probably hoped for some extra PPV buys after the event, but I’d be surprised if there were more than 100 delayed PPV buys. Not worth it.
They indeed should’ve blasted this KO all over the internet to get some attention worldwide

I totally agree man. They probably hoped for some extra PPV buys after the event, but I’d be surprised if there were more than 100 delayed PPV buys. Not worth it.
They indeed should’ve blasted this KO all over the internet to get some attention worldwide
They've even gotten on EPSN in the US with KO highlights before. Much better marketing value versus delayed PPV buys by a long shot.

Ismael Londt also attended GLORY 81 (to corner Michael Boapeah)

upload_2022-9-25_21-43-26.jpeg

Wonder when his next fight is for ONE FC.
He’s never in a boring fight

Where did Chad Kepenek came from? Looked great! Didn't expect to get such a win over Mahedine!
Great prospect!

Where did Chad Kepenek came from? Looked great! Didn't expect to get such a win over Mahedine!
Great prospect!
Yeah he did very good, his boxing was on point!
Nordine Mahieddine was a little bit injured though, he told me he suffered a shin infection.

Cihad Kepenek fought in Glory before, but after his decision loss against Mahieddine back on Collision 2 (2019), he didn’t fight again (as far as I know, supposedly because of the pandemic)
He was in great shape in his comeback fight against Mahieddine. Never seen him that ripped before. At the moment he’s helping Levi Rigters prepare for his fight vs Tariq “Cookie” Osaro on Collision 3.

Cihad was scheduled to fight Errol Zimmerman on MFA next week (and Benny vs Tomáš Hron was on the same event).
Those fights got cancelled though and now Zimmerman is fighting Hron on October 8 in Istanbul.

Reactions: H2F
Back