I would like to lose weight but dont want to burn out from over running 3 or 4 days a weeks

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am probably between fat and obese, not sure. I am 5 foot 7 and about 200 pounds I believe now. Would running 3 or 4 times a week burn me out? When I say burn me out I mean make my legs too tired and feel like they are 300 pounds each the next day. What would you guys advice? I would love to lose about 20-30 pounds in this month by also decreasing my calorie intake to about 1000 a day.

Starting anything is gonna suck my dude. Keep at it and your body will adapt. So anyways, instead of trying to lose 30 to 40 lbs in a month set some attainable goals, like 5 lbs and then keep chipping away. The FAQ will help you find a good starting point and then check out the D&S subforum.

Starting anything is gonna suck my dude. Keep at it and your body will adapt. So anyways, instead of trying to lose 30 to 40 lbs in a month set some attainable goals, like 5 lbs and then keep chipping away. The FAQ will help you find a good starting point and then check out the D&S subforum.

Man 5 pounds is too low. I have cut out soda and have about 1000-1500 calories I eat a day. I think if I continue this and continue to exercise, I go hiking at the moment for about 3-5 days a week for the last 2 weeks. Dont you think if I continue this and probably add in running I can maybe lose close to 30 pounds in a month since I do weight about 200 pounds right now? I would settle for 20 pounds as well.

Man 5 pounds is too low. I have cut out soda and have about 1000-1500 calories I eat a day. I think if I continue this and continue to exercise, I go hiking at the moment for about 3-5 days a week for the last 2 weeks. Dont you think if I continue this and probably add in running I can maybe lose close to 30 pounds in a month since I do weight about 200 pounds right now? I would settle for 20 pounds as well.

I don't know man. It takes time to unfuck a body. Is it possible? Yeah but if it doesn't happen I wouldn't be discouraged

1500 calories a day? Fuck that, you’ll be miserable. You could start by walking a few miles a day and sprinkle in running until you can run a half mile, then a mile, two miles etc.

Start weight training. Tons of programs that would work. Starting strength, shortcut to strength, shortcut to shred.

You’re gonna be sore after workouts for the first couple months depending on how hard you push it. After a while you’ll welcome the soreness.

Have you started already? How old are you?

You can do farmer carry or loaded carry. I’ve never tried it, but I hear good things about them. Also, I recommend that you eat better instead of limiting your food intake.

Lifting weights is gonna help you burn calories too while maintaining muscle.

Running while fat is very hard on the joints

1500 calories a day? Fuck that, you’ll be miserable. You could start by walking a few miles a day and sprinkle in running until you can run a half mile, then a mile, two miles etc.

Start weight training. Tons of programs that would work. Starting strength, shortcut to strength, shortcut to shred.

You’re gonna be sore after workouts for the first couple months depending on how hard you push it. After a while you’ll welcome the soreness.

Have you started already? How old are you?

I havent started running, just starting walking trails and small little hills. Pretty sure when I start running though my legs would be too heavy to do any kind of trail walks or running the next day or few days. I just wanted to know what would be the best strategy to lose weight.

I havent started running, just starting walking trails and small little hills. Pretty sure when I start running though my legs would be too heavy to do any kind of trail walks or running the next day or few days. I just wanted to know what would be the best strategy to lose weight.

Until you go run yourself its all bullshit talk. Stop worrying what will happen youre already fat according to you, so get on it and go improve yourself!! Stop spinning your wheels worrying, walking hills and trails is great. I bet you can do 10x as much of that before running even comes into the picture. Your strategy to lose weight is movement, there is no fucking shortcut. You cant plan enough to avoid the hard work, and you're just gonna waste time planning. You can lose weight standing in one spot doing burpees and jogging in place until you don't remember your own name. If you want it you'll do it. Thats the only way.

Last edited:
Until you go run yourself its all bullshit talk. Stop worrying what will happen youre already fat according to you, so get on it and go improve yourself!! Stop spinning your wheels worrying, walking hills and trails is great. I bet you can do 10x as much of that before running even comes into the picture. Your strategy to lose weight is movement, there is no fucking shortcut. You cant plan enough to avoid the hard work, and you're just gonna waste time planning. You can lose weight standing in one spot doing burpees and jogging in place until you don't remember your own name. If you want it you'll do it. Thats the only way.

I gotta say there's a lot of truth to this. You can't wait for the perfect time to start training, it simply doesn't exist.

Why the need for such rapid weight lost? 30 pounds in a month is going to kill you. Running plus a calorie restriction that big will have you ready to fight everyone but without the energy.

Also you will lose a ton of muscle cutting that much weight that quickly.

Aim for a pound of week. Keep lifting weights and do some Liss on your off days.

Need a good foundation for eating/nutrition more so than the actual cardio or intense workouts. Yes, lifting and other forms of exercise help. A Macro-based approach works. Weighing and planning food seems like a lot of work but once you get the hang of it, it is not bad at all and you really understand intake. Until you measure well, it's impossible to know. I was working out a lot...lifting, endurance, cardio. All of it. Until I got my nutrition in check I was just not really losing any weight and was flabby (5'7"). Went from 188 to 165 in about 14 weeks. Calories started at like 2400 cal and were cut down to 1800 with carb/fat/protein mix changes to promote leaning out. Then back into rebuild phase where I ended up a much leaner 172 on 3100 calories a day. It takes time...but it works.

I mainly live around 177-180 now but I was lifting (Olympic liftig) as an 81kg so I did not need to cut any weight and just would treain at around 177 or so...so I did not have to cut on day of meets.

No take it easy. 5 pounds per month is a very serious achievement. Like that you can lose 30 pounds in 6 months.

You will likely quit or injure yourself if you go any faster.

No take it easy. 5 pounds per month is a very serious achievement. Like that you can lose 30 pounds in 6 months.

You will likely quit or injure yourself if you go any faster.

Ts should join the military

I lost 60 pounds in first 4 months

Mother said i looked like i came from concentration camp lol

I am probably between fat and obese, not sure. I am 5 foot 7 and about 200 pounds I believe now. Would running 3 or 4 times a week burn me out? When I say burn me out I mean make my legs too tired and feel like they are 300 pounds each the next day. What would you guys advice? I would love to lose about 20-30 pounds in this month by also decreasing my calorie intake to about 1000 a day.

The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook

https://store.bodyrecomposition.com/rapid-fat-loss-handbook/

I am not affiliated with this in any way, I don't know Lyle, anyone involved in the fitness industry knows he is one of the most respected guys out there with regard to fat loss.

Ts should join the military

I lost 60 pounds in first 4 months

Mother said i looked like i came from concentration camp lol

Lol my mother said the exact same thing when she saw me after Army Ranger school. But as others itt have said, losing a dramatic amount of weight in a very short time period does not work for the long term. Doing that only fucks over your metabolism and will cause you to gain it all back and then some. The ONLY way to maintain healthy bodyweight is to adopt a balanced diet and exercise routine for the long-term. As @belph says above, it takes time to unfuck a body and that means incremental progress without starving yourself. But the most important thing is getting started.

Lol my mother said the exact same thing when she saw me after Army Ranger school. But as others itt have said, losing a dramatic amount of weight in a very short time period does not work for the long term. Doing that only fucks over your metabolism and will cause you to gain it all back and then some. The ONLY way to maintain healthy bodyweight is to adopt a balanced diet and exercise routine for the long-term. As @belph says above, it takes time to unfuck a body and that means incremental progress without starving yourself. But the most important thing is getting started.

I never actually gained that weight back lol

I also thought i will die during basic the fat fuck that i was

I never actually gained that weight back lol

I also thought i will die during basic the fat fuck that i was

How old were you? If I think back to 10 people I know who lost a lot of fat weight from crash diets/military, the only one who kept it off was a guy who did it in high school as a teenager and then adopted permanent changes in diet and lifestyle. Everyone else I know who lost more than ~15 lbs fat in a month when they were over ~25 yo, gained it back within a year or two because they couldn't maintain the lifestyle and they were battling uphill because metabolism was slower.

In my case I went to Ranger school when I was 21 and went from a lean and fit 170 lbs to 148 in the first month, and that was from averaging 2-3 hours sleep/night while being active for the other 22 while being calorically deprived and under extreme stress as part of the training. Coming out of 2 months of that, my metabolism was fucked for two years and I walked around at a fat 180 lbs despite running and lifting my ass off and skipping dinner most nights because I didn't want to get any fatter.

How old were you? If I think back to 10 people I know who lost a lot of fat weight from crash diets/military, the only one who kept it off was a guy who did it in high school as a teenager and then adopted permanent changes in diet and lifestyle. Everyone else I know who lost more than ~15 lbs fat in a month when they were over ~25 yo, gained it back within a year or two because they couldn't maintain the lifestyle and they were battling uphill because metabolism was slower.

In my case I went to Ranger school when I was 21 and went from a lean and fit 170 lbs to 148 in the first month, and that was from averaging 2-3 hours sleep/night while being active for the other 22 while being calorically deprived and under extreme stress as part of the training. Coming out of 2 months of that, my metabolism was fucked for two years and I walked around at a fat 180 lbs despite running and lifting my ass off and skipping dinner most nights because I didn't want to get any fatter.

i was 20

i entered military to ge some easy job, ended up in recon which was the hardest non special forces training here (most guys were special forces rejects due to some small thing)

i remember i was called in to captain office and he looks on my wish list where i had written cook as my first choice lol

he goes

"im not putting you in as a cook, thats a waste of soldier material, you are going into recon"

"Sir?"

"you got excellent scores on everything from shooting to land navigation"

"sir but im fat as fuck and cant run worth shit"

"dont worry recon training will fix that (gives me a sadistic smile)"

most painful time of my life, would rather get kod by mike tyson than do shit that was forced to do there

i was 20

i entered military to ge some easy job, ended up in recon which was the hardest non special forces training here (most guys were special forces rejects due to some small thing)

i remember i was called in to captain office and he looks on my wish list where i had written cook as my first choice lol

he goes

"im not putting you in as a cook, thats a waste of soldier material, you are going into recon"

"Sir?"

"you got excellent scores on everything from shooting to land navigation"

"sir but im fat as fuck and cant run worth shit"

"dont worry recon training will fix that (gives me a sadistic smile)"

most painful time of my life, would rather get kod by mike tyson than do shit that was forced to do there

Fucking LMAO. The irony is that cook was one of the better jobs to transition out. The NCOIC who ran our battalion DFAC went to some French cooking school on the Army's dime and then left to take a job running the kitchen of a luxury hotel chain.

Also some of the most fit guys were the ones who didn't have to spend all their time in the field losing weight lol. When I was over in the desert, one of the baddest dudes on the base camp was the Air Force chaplain's assistant who's only job was keeping the chapel tent organized for religious services. He fought pro MMA on the side.

Back