If Izzy wins the LHW belt and Jones Challenges him for it...

Izzy has nothing for Jones, and he knows it.

It would be one of the most boring fights ever to grace the UFC octagon. No one wants to see 5 rounds of two men dancing in the ring too scared to actually throw. We will have 5 rounds of leg kicks and jabs.

Edit : I forgot the mention of the occasional eye poke.

Israel has to be encouraged by Jones v Reyes. Jon would have to do more than just strike with him but I’m sure he knows that. Jon wins on the ground or a boring fight with a close decision either way.

Jones can’t come back to 205 anymore

Izzy asked for Yoel and asked for Costa. That is a man who fears no one.

Jones will struggle to ever go back to LHW after bulking up.

Without significant ‘pulsing’ assistance.

I think Izzy has a real chance against post USADA Jones

Well it depends if Jones is allowed to pulse or not, like he was against Gus in their rematch. The Jones that fought DC in the rematch is the best version of Jones and it was post-USADA (pulsed hard enough to get his win overturned though).

None, he'd take the fight.
Exactly.

He might lose, but he definitely won’t back down.

Jon hasn’t looked spectacular at 205 lately and Izzy is a way better fighter than guys that took Jon to razor thin decisions.

It will come down to whether Jon was playing down to his competition or if that was really all he has left (in which case his HW journey will be short).

Jones basically lost to former MW Thiago Santos. You goofs don't think Izzy could beat him?

Jones basically lost to former MW Thiago Santos. You goofs don't think Izzy could beat him?

Whenever Jones has a challenge in front of him he pulses tho. He would probably look amazing, absolutely smash Izzy, and then Novitsky would have to hold a press conference and explain why Jon still has steroids in his system even tho he apparently never took them in the first place.

Back