If Royce Gracie fought Khabib in his prime

To answer this question is to understand the difference between MMA and a single martial art.....Gracie won at a time when there really was no MMA. The Gracies clearly wanted to prove that being an expert/black belt, in BJJ was more efficient and "better" than being an expert/black belt in any other martial art...and they did prove that. It was a big sacrifice because by exposing the weaknesses of single martial arts, they also exposed their own weaknesses and secrets. One secret was that full contact sparring was absolutely necessary, otherwise you're just a fart in the wind. And BJJ can be trained endlessly without injury because they tap and start again. Cant do that with kicks and hand strikes. So by winning and proving BJJ is the REAL DEAL and forcing the invention of MMA where men and women actually get scientific and study the practices and methods of all martial arts, they also paved the way to let the world catch them and pass them......Royce Gracie would get annihilated by Kabib because Kabib is a mixed martial artist and Gracie is one dimensional. And it might even end in the 1st round.

To answer this question is to understand the difference between MMA and a single martial art.....Gracie won at a time when there really was no MMA. The Gracies clearly wanted to prove that being an expert/black belt, in BJJ was more efficient and "better" than being an expert/black belt in any other martial art...and they did prove that. It was a big sacrifice because by exposing the weaknesses of single martial arts, they also exposed their own weaknesses and secrets. One secret was that full contact sparring was absolutely necessary, otherwise you're just a fart in the wind. And BJJ can be trained endlessly without injury because they tap and start again. Cant do that with kicks and hand strikes. So by winning and proving BJJ is the REAL DEAL and forcing the invention of MMA where men and women actually get scientific and study the practices and methods of all martial arts, they also paved the way to let the world catch them and pass them......Royce Gracie would get annihilated by Kabib because Kabib is a mixed martial artist and Gracie is one dimensional. And it might even end in the 1st round.
Your point is valid but "BJJ can be trained endlessly without injury" is just flat-out wrong, sorry.

I've trained BJJ for a few years now and I'm definitely not in an agreement that you can train it properly without ever getting injured.

Gracie couldn't take him down, Khabib would pound destroy him on the feet. Khabib would likely outposition him with takedowns if he wanted and avoid subs and pound him out on the ground.

Royce was fighting people who had no BJJ skills at all, Khabib is a high level life long submission grappler and an elite athlete. Khabib would destroy him.

Im guessing you never trained bjj hahaha you definitely get injured especially if you are training to compete.

Khabib beats every member of the Gracie family back to back on the same night.
Nah! Watch that mouth, prime Rickson body slams khabib. And if Roger gracie and Khabib were on the ground I'd favor Roger
Royce Vs Khabib would be like Khabib Vs a normal civilian. GnP TKO 1st round

Nah! Watch that mouth, prime Rickson body slams khabib. And if Roger gracie and Khabib were on the ground I'd favor Roger
Royce Vs Khabib would be like Khabib Vs a normal civilian. GnP TKO 1st round

I think he could probably just beat Roger up standing though. Roger would have a very hard time taking him down.

Though Roger and Neiman would be the biggest problems, for sure.

Most likely would have looked like Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes 2.0

That fight could be aptly described as a... train wreck.

maxresdefault.jpg

Im guessing you never trained bjj hahaha you definitely get injured especially if you are training to compete.
I didnt think you guys would take comment that literally...so, ok, my bad

I've trained BJJ for a few years now and I'm definitely not in an agreement that you can train it properly without ever getting injured.
ok, my bad, I did not think my comment was going to be taken as literal true fact.

Back