If you are ever confronted ...

SAMURAI SPIRIT

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
by a single opponent in a street or bar altercation type setting, how many of you would prefer to knock him out and how many of you would actually want to take him down to the ground? Not mats. Hard pavement.

by a single opponent in a street or bar altercation type setting, how many of you would prefer to knock him out and how many of you would actually want to take him down to the ground? Not mats. Hard pavement.

Nobody wants any of this bro trust me. You're scenario is unfortunately not applicable to everyone

The best is to de-escalate the situation but if you can’t avoid it, you should probably do what you’re best at. If you’re better at striking, then yeah, knock him out, but if you’re better at grappling, take time down and get top position and try to have him chill out but be careful of his buddies.

Happened to me. I was on my bicycle on a sidewalk on a bridge (very narrow space, fast cars constantly whizzing by) and a drunk dude tried to push me off the sidewalk. I got off my bike and he kept coming at me aggressively. At some point I figured I might get sucker punched, and kept thinking ''if I fall off the sidewalk I die'' so I clinched with him and smashed him on the railing. When I started to trip him he started panicking and said ''oh, you can fight'' and completely stopped resisting.

His GF was with him and when I told her ''your boyfriend is drunk, get him away from here, he's dangerous'' she said ''I'm not messing with boys' stuff'' and turned away to text on her phone. Complete trash people, both of them.

Funny enough even though I was coming back from a kickboxing class, it never occured to me to take a chance at punching the guy.

Knock them out for me tho I have no problem with snatching an arm and not letting go.

The truth is it depends on your emotions at the moment .

Two weekends ago, I dropped off my wife and kid at a very crowded beach side area. Spent almost an hour driving around parking lots trying to find a spot to park, like hundreds of others

Finally found someone leaving, but the idiot got in his car and sat there for 5 minutes not leaving, all the while I had my blinkers on with people coming up and around from behind me.

Eventually it got packed on our lane, both ways. This young idiot pulled up from behind me to pass which is fine , but as soon as the idiot finally decided to move, he angled his car and took the spot.

I was livid. Stormed out of my car and yelled at him wtf he was doing. Younger guy, slightly smaller than me. He got out and pretended he didn't see me then said im not getting the spot.

Then and there this immense anger built up and I was a second away of lunging at the little shit, grabbing him by the throat, shoving him back in his car seat and beating rhe shit out of him. I dont know how I controlled myself and jist got back in my car and drove off, I really don't. But in hindsight I'm glad I did especially with it being so packed with so many witnesses

Point is even though I just got my brown belt in bjj, never in that moment did I say "I'm going to go for a double leg, drag him down, go to side control then mount and tap him out "

I was thinking ill grab the guy by the throat and ahove him in the car and beat him there.

So yeah, it's all dependant on emotion. In OPs scenario I dont think I'd be mad, so more than likely I'd be calm enough to try and use BJJ

I’d just do this probably

tenor.gif

I would probably attempt to grab him in a front headlock or alternatively try to arm-drag and grab him from behind. I don't really get into altercations though. I tend to be respectful.

I'm a much better striker than a grappler(which isn't saying much). So I'd try to KHTFO.

I'm a much better grappler than striker but my first instinct would be (and have been on numerous occasions in the past) to throw a hard right cross, most of them ended in spectacular ko's , unfortunately some didn't and on those occasions the results were pretty mixed (read: I got my arse kicked:)

I'd be slapping a standing High Elbow Gullotine on somebody in that situation not trying to get it to the ground or throw strikes. It's an immediate fight-ender regardless of size, whether they're off their face on booze or drugs and does no permanent damage.

It's not going to result in you dropping somebody on their head accidentally or otherwise doing something that gets you in legal trouble depending on the local laws around Self-Defence. They're going to be too busy sitting on the ground coughing holding their throat immediately after to continue to cause trouble for a while.

Last edited:
Probably a distraction jab so I can drag him down. Once down a mix of GnP and chokes.

Im a chill dude, I will deescalate the situation. Real world is different than action movies.

The truth is it depends on your emotions at the moment .

Two weekends ago, I dropped off my wife and kid at a very crowded beach side area. Spent almost an hour driving around parking lots trying to find a spot to park, like hundreds of others

Finally found someone leaving, but the idiot got in his car and sat there for 5 minutes not leaving, all the while I had my blinkers on with people coming up and around from behind me.

Eventually it got packed on our lane, both ways. This young idiot pulled up from behind me to pass which is fine , but as soon as the idiot finally decided to move, he angled his car and took the spot.

I was livid. Stormed out of my car and yelled at him wtf he was doing. Younger guy, slightly smaller than me. He got out and pretended he didn't see me then said im not getting the spot.

Then and there this immense anger built up and I was a second away of lunging at the little shit, grabbing him by the throat, shoving him back in his car seat and beating rhe shit out of him. I dont know how I controlled myself and jist got back in my car and drove off, I really don't. But in hindsight I'm glad I did especially with it being so packed with so many witnesses

Point is even though I just got my brown belt in bjj, never in that moment did I say "I'm going to go for a double leg, drag him down, go to side control then mount and tap him out "

I was thinking ill grab the guy by the throat and ahove him in the car and beat him there.

So yeah, it's all dependant on emotion. In OPs scenario I dont think I'd be mad, so more than likely I'd be calm enough to try and use BJJ

You and me both, bro. I'm 42. Been training on and off for years. I'm 6'4", 205 ish, a pretty nasty purple belt, black belt level karate. Went through a lot the last couple years. My girl died last year and it's been a mind fuck. She was really an amazing person. Fucking incredible, it did a number on my head. THEREFORE I've avoided drinking. I'm a pretty chill guy until I'm not. Anyway, I'm a sixth gen texan, been in Austin 20 years, had family here my entire life. A couple weekends ago, I'm out all day at the river. Wasn't planning on drinking, but these Mexican dudes kept giving me Miller Lights. OK. I'm talking with a girl on Bumble, go to the bar to meet her. Have an IPA. Awwww shit. Things go OK with the girl, but we part ways. See my friend at the bar, he lives around the corner, invites me over. I have another drink with him and a couple bong rips. Cool. His neighbor pops in, we really hit it off. He says, let's go get tacos. Cool. He's on a motorcycle, I'm in my truck. Dumb, but it's a stone's throw away. Taco place is packed. We're having a good time. Get our tacos eventually, I think. It's fuzzy. Now, the worst part about Austin is all the douches coming into town. Leaving the shit holes they created and descending like fucking locusts. Fuck the economic benefits, my city has become a bum riddled shit hole right before my eyes. And people with their fucking attitudes. Anyway, I've got a few in me, I'm talking to some douche nozzles from out of town, start talking about my girl, saying they should look her up. Yeah, I'm being annoying but it's my fucking town, deal with it. But this dude is just giving off the most passive aggressive vibe ever and it gets under my skin. I tell him, dude, why don't you just tell me to fuck off instead of acting cool when you really aren't? I would respect that, but I sense your condescending attitude. What the fuck is wrong with people like you? Anyway, I'm not really thinking anything other than what a douche, but some white knight decides to step in and make it a deal. White knight is probably 23 or 24, has the Patrick Mahomes haircut, and just flexing. He says something, gets in the way or something. I look down and see his out of state license plate. So what do I do? I start ripping it right off his fucking car. Yeah. Now he puts hands on me, but I just stiff arm him, feel his eyeballs under my finger tips but don't do anything. Just say, not gonna work, kid! His little Krav maga bullshit he was doing. He tries to come at me again, I feel I can manhandle him easily. I can knock him out, I can choke him, I can slam him, but I just stiff arm him, tell him again it ain't gonna work. Now his crust punk girlfriend asks, You need some knucks? He says yeah. I start to just walk off, but she gives him some brass knuckles and he starts talking more shit. I don't give a fuck, I turn and start to go back at him, and he backs away. Now, I've got some ongoing legal issues, so I realize, oh shit, better bounce, so I go get in my truck and drive off, him talking shit the whole time. I come back about 30 minutes later, and it's all good. Was I the asshole? Yeah, probably. But fuck it, it's 2021 and this is gonna be a 3rd world country in five more years anyway. Make friends with a war lord or become one.

You and me both, bro. I'm 42. Been training on and off for years. I'm 6'4", 205 ish, a pretty nasty purple belt, black belt level karate. Went through a lot the last couple years. My girl died last year and it's been a mind fuck. She was really an amazing person. Fucking incredible, it did a number on my head. THEREFORE I've avoided drinking. I'm a pretty chill guy until I'm not. Anyway, I'm a sixth gen texan, been in Austin 20 years, had family here my entire life. A couple weekends ago, I'm out all day at the river. Wasn't planning on drinking, but these Mexican dudes kept giving me Miller Lights. OK. I'm talking with a girl on Bumble, go to the bar to meet her. Have an IPA. Awwww shit. Things go OK with the girl, but we part ways. See my friend at the bar, he lives around the corner, invites me over. I have another drink with him and a couple bong rips. Cool. His neighbor pops in, we really hit it off. He says, let's go get tacos. Cool. He's on a motorcycle, I'm in my truck. Dumb, but it's a stone's throw away. Taco place is packed. We're having a good time. Get our tacos eventually, I think. It's fuzzy. Now, the worst part about Austin is all the douches coming into town. Leaving the shit holes they created and descending like fucking locusts. Fuck the economic benefits, my city has become a bum riddled shit hole right before my eyes. And people with their fucking attitudes. Anyway, I've got a few in me, I'm talking to some douche nozzles from out of town, start talking about my girl, saying they should look her up. Yeah, I'm being annoying but it's my fucking town, deal with it. But this dude is just giving off the most passive aggressive vibe ever and it gets under my skin. I tell him, dude, why don't you just tell me to fuck off instead of acting cool when you really aren't? I would respect that, but I sense your condescending attitude. What the fuck is wrong with people like you? Anyway, I'm not really thinking anything other than what a douche, but some white knight decides to step in and make it a deal. White knight is probably 23 or 24, has the Patrick Mahomes haircut, and just flexing. He says something, gets in the way or something. I look down and see his out of state license plate. So what do I do? I start ripping it right off his fucking car. Yeah. Now he puts hands on me, but I just stiff arm him, feel his eyeballs under my finger tips but don't do anything. Just say, not gonna work, kid! His little Krav maga bullshit he was doing. He tries to come at me again, I feel I can manhandle him easily. I can knock him out, I can choke him, I can slam him, but I just stiff arm him, tell him again it ain't gonna work. Now his crust punk girlfriend asks, You need some knucks? He says yeah. I start to just walk off, but she gives him some brass knuckles and he starts talking more shit. I don't give a fuck, I turn and start to go back at him, and he backs away. Now, I've got some ongoing legal issues, so I realize, oh shit, better bounce, so I go get in my truck and drive off, him talking shit the whole time. I come back about 30 minutes later, and it's all good. Was I the asshole? Yeah, probably. But fuck it, it's 2021 and this is gonna be a 3rd world country in five more years anyway. Make friends with a war lord or become one.

Just wanna let you know i read the whole thing bro.
1447051451922.gif

Back