If you are ever confronted ...

Just wanna let you know i read the whole thing bro.
1447051451922.gif

haha I legit laughed out loud at that one. Hope you enjoyed it. I'm too old for bar fights. Jesus. It's better that I took it out on my keyboard than that kid's pretty face.

The truth is it depends on your emotions at the moment .

Two weekends ago, I dropped off my wife and kid at a very crowded beach side area. Spent almost an hour driving around parking lots trying to find a spot to park, like hundreds of others

Finally found someone leaving, but the idiot got in his car and sat there for 5 minutes not leaving, all the while I had my blinkers on with people coming up and around from behind me.

Eventually it got packed on our lane, both ways. This young idiot pulled up from behind me to pass which is fine , but as soon as the idiot finally decided to move, he angled his car and took the spot.

I was livid. Stormed out of my car and yelled at him wtf he was doing. Younger guy, slightly smaller than me. He got out and pretended he didn't see me then said im not getting the spot.

Then and there this immense anger built up and I was a second away of lunging at the little shit, grabbing him by the throat, shoving him back in his car seat and beating rhe shit out of him. I dont know how I controlled myself and jist got back in my car and drove off, I really don't. But in hindsight I'm glad I did especially with it being so packed with so many witnesses

Point is even though I just got my brown belt in bjj, never in that moment did I say "I'm going to go for a double leg, drag him down, go to side control then mount and tap him out "

I was thinking ill grab the guy by the throat and ahove him in the car and beat him there.

So yeah, it's all dependant on emotion. In OPs scenario I dont think I'd be mad, so more than likely I'd be calm enough to try and use BJJ
Haha wow. I think I speak for everyone when I say fuck that guy

Assuming that I cant talk my way out of it? 1 on 1 I will always choose to go to the ground. I'm not small but chances are if someone wants to fight me they'll be significantly bigger than me so trading blows is just an unnecessary gamble. Get it to the ground, tie him up, give him a nap if totally necessary. No one is hurt we all get home in one piece.

by a single opponent in a street or bar altercation type setting, how many of you would prefer to knock him out and how many of you would actually want to take him down to the ground? Not mats. Hard pavement.
KO. If someone attacks me my priority is to eliminate the threat and that is the most efficient way to do that.
I'll deal with him dying and legal consequences in a second step.

I'd probably pull to traditional worm guard, forward roll to reverse de la worm, and look to take the back. After I secure my 4 points, I'm pretty sure the other guy would just walk away or give up.

I've been in this situation. I immediately bear hugged the guy took him down to the ground.

After careful consideration...

I'd inform him that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?

Instinctively, I'm 99% sure I'd grab the shit out of him.
Yep. I might throw a punch on the way in but id try to snap the guy down,and take his back. But I dont differentiate. I am trying to end it as soon as possible,however it goes.

KO. If someone attacks me my priority is to eliminate the threat and that is the most efficient way to do that.
I'll deal with him dying and legal consequences in a second step.
But what if you throw a 1-2 and he steps to the side,and puts up the philly shell,and then you shoot for his legs,and he gets one underhook,so you ankle pick and finally get him down,but he hip escapes,and spins to get a heelhook,and you spin out of it to escape,and after all that you like respect each other and shit and become best friends?

But what if you throw a 1-2 and he steps to the side,and puts up the philly shell,and then you shoot for his legs,and he gets one underhook,so you ankle pick and finally get him down,but he hip escapes,and spins to get a heelhook,and you spin out of it to escape,and after all that you like respect each other and shit and become best friends?

As long as he puts on the damn sunglasses, it's all good.

The Philly Shell is for little pussies that are afraid of getting hit. Just eat that shit like a man, spit teeth, and take him down.

Back