Opinion If you could add a Constitutional Amendment, what would it be?

I would add an explicit right to privacy. The Supreme court has sort of cobbled one together In the last 60 years or so, it should be enshrined in there.

What would that entail? Privacy from government? I think it isn't entirely clear what they all could be though I get you are referring to abortion as one piece.

why are you against democracy?

Because, I am a student of history.

When you can directly vote to take my shit, that's a nope. When more populated states can vote and tell the citizens of less populated states how they have to live by the bigger states' values... that's a nope. Direct Democracy turns into mob rule. Nope. The system set in place by the founders is damn genius and was 100% required to form the union and maintain it. There is a reason why the Electoral College portion of the constitution is the most detailed and the largest single portion. It's vital for our survival as a unified nation.

Limit any tax payer funds going to anyone here illegally. They get nothing.

Because, I am a student of history.

When you can directly vote to take my shit, that's a nope. When more populated states can vote and tell the citizens of less populated states how they have to live by the bigger states' values... that's a nope. Direct Democracy turns into mob rule. Nope. The system set in place by the founders is damn genius and was 100% required to form the union and maintain it. There is a reason why the Electoral College portion of the constitution is the most detailed and the largest single portion. It's vital for our survival as a unified nation.
if you're a student of history then minority rule should also concern you, but i doubt it does...

What would that entail? Privacy from government? I think it isn't entirely clear what they all could be though I get you are referring to abortion as one piece.

Abortion should be part of it but, also limitations on how government can use your personal information and police surveillance. I’ve always thought we were more at risk of becoming a police state than sliding into anarchy.

How about no voting rights without paying taxes into the system with a valid Social Security number?
Chronic welfare leeches have no business voting for continued free passes as much as Congress shouldn't be able to vote themselves pay raises.

And I don't give a fuck if you are a 15 year old making $2000 a year on a paper route .... I'd rather have that kid vote than some welfare Queen with 8 kids waiting for that Government Cheese check every month.. contributing fuck all. You gotta pay to play.

Abortion should be part of it but, also limitations on how government can use your personal information and police surveillance. I’ve always thought we were more at risk of becoming a police state than sliding into anarchy.

Yea I could see a good reason to strengthen that in a time with the NSA and government seeming to think massive data collection is okay. Maybe something along the lines of warrants not being allowed to be encompassing a large population and needs to be very specific to an individual or organization.

It should be a general right to privacy which includes limitations on how corporations can use our personal information, at least that's what I think.

Tests should be administered before voting.

Epistocracy is a far superior system.

Money in politics is the biggest issue it prevents everything you may want from going through

It should be a general right to privacy which includes limitations on how corporations can use our personal information, at least that's what I think.

I think the specifics for that can get weird because there would need to be a lot of thought on what is public and what isn’t. I also tend to wonder how much it would do since people do okay most of these things in terms and conditions. Maybe you’d get that right to be forgotten in the US but it the concept seems complicated, especially when it’s between two private actors without government involvement.

I'm torn between taking money out of politics and reinstating the FCC media fairness doctrine and including social media in liability for false information.

you realize this exact system was used to keep blacks from voting dont you? Of course you dont.

<LikeReally5>

Of course I do. The difference is today everyone has the opportunity for an education.

Back