If you could go back in time to see a concert from an artist who died, who would it be?

My mother took my sister & me to see Elvis play at Buffalo's Memorial Auditorium when I was a little kid back in 1972. But my dream concert to see would be his first gig in Las Vegas in 1969. It was his first concert with a large paying audience in over a decade ( as opposed to the small studio audience that he had for his 1968 comeback special on NBC ) & it was apparently something to behold. Something great. But for some reason, in an idiotic decision, Col. Parker elected not to have it filmed. So, all that remains of it are a few audio recordings, some muddy 8mm movie clips & a bunch of still photos of that legendary night. As you can see this was before he made his wardrobe switch over to his famous ( or infamous, depending how you feel about that era ) white jumpsuits.
30elvis-1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

elvis-69.jpg

965f95b5d22bcf6477950c2cce23ebd6.jpg

pKCwKMiXOBroNxVb0jHI6yd2yvyB8Z5rg5ozunx9GgvpgY2fJLbluyx7hE7fXK5AV9Tl8Y-sRHUlQW2EIe3DjDvgS1ixyxWgyRh5_lFdHHIEW9kQKw

images

Last edited:
Prime Doors would be cool, you know Manzarek,Kreiger, and Densmore would be tight and setting the mood musically. Then you'd have the total wildcard of what Jim would bring to the performance. It could be a straight ahead vocal night where he crushes it, or he may go off the rails and bring some mayhem to the evening. Either way, it'll be unforgettable.

Also, Ozzy with Randy would have been amazing to see live.

Last edited:
i got to see prince twice and Little Richard. So, I've seen a couple of my faves live. Prince wasn't that good live during his commercial peak, not in comparison to how great he became later, along with having better sidemen. Little Richard sounded as good as he did on record, no lie, every bit as good and this was in 90'.

I'd want to see Elvis, the most charismatic human of the modern era. Michael J would be nice too, but Elvis for me.

GG Allin
Jim Morrison
Per Yngve Ohlin
Hendrix

I'd love to go back to see Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, Cab Calloway, Billie Holiday, Bix Beiderbecke, John Coltrane etc. etc.

I would have to say Pantera. As a fan of people like Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and Elvis Presley I can't help but feel my decision is a little trashy, but that's just the way it is :D

Freddie Mercury
Peter Steele
Chris Cornell
Kurt Cobain
Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)
Ian Curtis (Joy Division)

3 guys by suicide :( .. Well Cobain was "alleged" suicide. Wood was accidental too :(

I’m 19, so I always wished I was older so I could’ve seen Linkin Park in their prime. RIP Chester.

I would have to say Pantera. As a fan of people like Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and Elvis Presley I can't help but feel my decision is a little trashy, but that's just the way it is :D
Saw pantera at ozzfest in 1997.....they absolutely crushed it. My favorite live performance I've been to.

Back