If You Died In the Next Two Days, Would your Ghost/Spirit Be At Peace?

If I'm dead there wouldn't be any way for me to care one way or the other as I wouldn't exist other than possibly in someone's memories.

Losing my dad this month got me meditating on this topic. Death is a part of life, and yet life is still pretty good. I'm happy to keep building my business, loving my lady, playing my guitar, and pitching the iron around at the gym. As long as I live, I'll do those things gratefully. If I did check out, I'd probably have a few regrets, but you can't fight nature when your time has come. I guess I would be "at peace" as much as I could be, so long as I didn't have to linger and suffer.

As for how I'd be remembered, I wouldn't want to know. I've learned not to put a ton of weight into others' opinions, and I'd like to continue that trend even in death. Look at Marcus Garvey. He suffered a stroke, which he survived, but they published his obituary by mistake. Legend has it he was so hurt by what people said about him, he suffered another stroke and that's what killed him.

Though I'm sure on the 3rd day I'd rise again hell no.

I am what I am and thats all I could be

Nah, my gf's coming over for a couple of days and after we will go on vacation. But after, sure.

With the exception of a few days, my life has been incredibly unfulfilling. I've prayed to slip away painlessly in my sleep more than once.

At peace? It depends. I mean nothing, but I'm not kept up at night by that nothing.

I'd like to travel the world and truly live, but I keep putting it off for a mortgage that I'm hoping to get this year.

After I have my fill of travel, I'd like a wife and kids. I don't think I'll make anyone happy enough to do it though. I'll be alone once my missus fucks off back to Thailand.
I don't wanne be judgemental but how did you think getting a wife from thailand was in any shape, way or form an even remotely good idea?! LOL

With the exception of a few days, my life has been incredibly unfulfilling. I've prayed to slip away painlessly in my sleep more than once.

At peace? It depends. I mean nothing, but I'm not kept up at night by that nothing.

I'd like to travel the world and truly live, but I keep putting it off for a mortgage that I'm hoping to get this year.

After I have my fill of travel, I'd like a wife and kids. I don't think I'll make anyone happy enough to do it though. I'll be alone once my missus fucks off back to Thailand.
Comon man don't be hard on yourself.

How does one be happy? routine, a positive one and a balanced one. When you're happy, you will make other people around you happy. If you don't fuck them. Keep your positive energy for you. People will even try to take that way from you. But when you're fulfilled, others can be. Again, it won't matter about them if you truly are.

God Bless you.

I would defenitely not be ok with it. I wasted too much time... blew some big opportunities and seem only now poised to make up for it. I would be seriously bummed out if I died.

its pretty personal stuff but its not about me and my accomplishments. its about what I blew that others could have benefited from.

hell no, if there is a soul, i'd be just as tormented and troubled wherever i was. It's just me.

I just need to provide a few more unsolicited hair loss consultations and then I'm ready to go

Your contributions to the field of hair loss are unparalleled and your unsolicited consultations have liberated countless people from ignorance.

No doubt you will rest easy when your time comes.

So let's say you kicked the bucket in the next coming days. How do you think you'd get remembered? Do you think most reviews would be above average? Would you be cool with what you've done with what you were given. I'm at this stage at 35, where I'm already pretty content. I just got out of Detox the past week and it was a good time to get better and reflect on things, and most people at the detox were pretty mad at me and were wondering why I was even there (I'm a sick addict, obviously). But If I died there, I would've been cool with that. Now that I'm out -

I have an amazing place where I live by myself, an awesome landlord who turns out to now be a good friend and not just someone looking to take my money. A fun job, awesome coworkers, good family relationships. I think I'd be fine with it, not many would really miss me, which I think is a good thing.

why would other people at the detox be mad at you? isn't the whole point of it is to go there and detox and get better?

but on topic, at this point in my life, think it'll be a short period of sadness, up until the funeral has passed, and like Blink 182 said "Another six months I'll be unknown"...except probably by my father, older sister and brother in law...which are the people i'm closest with at this point in my life.

No. I my kids need me especially the boys, and my wife is not capable of setting them up for success.

yes and no.
While i have reached enlightenment, my purpose here is not yet complete.

No peace. I've provided for and protected my Wife almost 40 years. I worry about who will do that when I'm gone.

Back