Ike Villanueva Talks UFC 249, Debut Against Chase Sherman

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

Former Fury FC 205LBs Champ, Ike Villanueva, talks UFC 249, and his debut vs Chase Sherman who is back in the promotion after fighting for BKFC and Island Fights.

FULL INTERVIEW with timestamps in the description:

Thank you for watching!

Last edited:
BUMFIGHT!!!!!!!!

Will watch.

Don't know Ike but if he's fighting a guy like big Sherm he's prolly gonna win

Also, this fight is May 13th, not at 249.

Unless the thread title is missing a comma. Ike Villanueva talks UFC 249, Debut against Chase Sherman.

Don't know Ike but if he's fighting a guy like big Sherm he's prolly gonna win
Villanueva's a scrappy guy with reasonably fast hands, but on the other hand he's a blown up middleweight who was a bit chubby at LHW, very hittable, getting dropped multiple times in recent fights. And now he's facing a true heavyweight in Chase Sherman who last weighed in at 250 pounds and who has sharpened his boxing skills in recent MMA and bare knuckle boxing fights. I think Sherman's size and straighter punches will be a major problem for his fast but loopy punching and Villanueva's getting KOed.

Been too long...

Attachments

• 6DAD2B7B-8D79-4F03-AAEA-71C618270F7D.jpeg
    6DAD2B7B-8D79-4F03-AAEA-71C618270F7D.jpeg
    943.4 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, I can't see much for Ike beyond 0-2 and cut to be honest. He'll lose this then get fed to someone like Khalil Rountree at 205lbs.

Luck sent to ya from NYC

title is very misleading, didn't see them weigh in today lol then seen the comments above.

Shermans chin is straight up in the air always, so I guess anyone can put him out cold if they land clean, even a MW like Villanueva

Back