Media Ilia Topuria "Think UFC Wants Me To Headline UFC 306: The Sphere" - Won't Fight Max Unless It's For BMF Belt

Sorry to have triggered you lol

I am sure if Illia man's up and fights, and wins, you will have a big mouth like him once he recovered lol
Dude how could you "trigger" me when you have no idea about fighting you are here for knockouts

That's actually a good counter to all the BMF crap. Force the bmf to fight the champion, then he can remove any doubt about another fighter rivaling his supremacy in the division, unless they beat HIM.

Max fought a smart, calculated fight against Gaethje and implemented a well thought out game plan against a very dangerous fighter, looking amazing in the process and surprising most with how easy he made it look. Then he capped it off with an all time moment.

Topuria is a very good fighter and quite dangerous. He poses many issues for Max and it won't be an easy victory if he pulls it off. I'm sure Holloway knows all of this as well. Ilia isn't afraid of Max, regardless of what the camera showed. I still think Volkanovski is going to end up with the rematch, but who knows at this point. Everyone eventually loses, Ilia will one day too. By who? I don't know. Until a fight is made, it's all yapping. WAR Max.

<WhatIsThis>

I said he looked pissed

<{fry}>

You …. also said being mentioned was a huge compliment lol

So why be pissed?

He was pissed when he had the hand sanitizer incident. Face looked nothing like it did cage side.

Last edited:
Doesn’t want to risk his real title. Fuck this guy

He is so unlikable with everything he says and why does he need so much time after a fight he barely took any damage really, hope Max beats the shit out of him and he never get's to the title again

LOL, Ilia trying to use logic to explain why Max doesn't deserve to fight him based on merit, yet Ilia wants to defend the belt vs Conor

<{fry}>

You …. also said being mentioned was a huge compliment lol

So why be pissed?

He was pissed when he had the hand sanitizer incident. Face looked nothing like it did cage side.

It is a huge compliment. You also have to take it at face value - someone is calling you out in front of the world.

It is a huge compliment. You also have to take it at face value - someone is calling you out in front of the world.
Yeah, but he's not just 'some guy' - how did he not react better? Surely he must have known what was happening?

I feel he shit the bed, in that moment.

Literally any reaction would have been better. Clap and nod. Give a throat slash. Wave him in - like 'bring it on!'. Rush the cage. Mouth 'fake belt' and laugh... literally anything other than what he did. Fuck, even a sneer ....

And I don't think he 'looked pissed' - but even if he was, if that was what it was... that seems like a weird way to relate to a 'huge compliment' - I guess I don't understand your train of thought.

I know it’s not just you, but could you care to explain your disdain for Topuria?

No real disdain. He's just annoying at times. I respect him as a fighter and with half my family coming from Spain he has that little bit of love there.

But with all the no one is getting a shot because they don't deserve talk and now. I'd like to see him humbled a bit.

Plus I'm a Holloway nuthugger so there's that.

He was always low IQ brawler
1.islam
2.oliveira
3.porier (porier wins 9 out of 10)
4.arman
5.gamrot
6.benua

All these guys can beat him he should not be top 5
He has power yes.
Gaethje showed a great IQ against Fiziev, Khabib, and the rematch against Poirier. He used lateral movement, feints, and had a nasty jab against Fiziev & Tony.

Gaethje didn’t seem to respect Max’s skills in this one, thinking he wouldn’t have to use his footwork and jab. Max is very beatable on the feet if you make him come to you. It’s just that you have to have elite striking skills to do so, or it’ll be Max vs Ortega or Max vs Kattar. But Gaethje has the footwork, jab, and patience.

You can tell he didn’t respect Oliviera & Holloway until it was far too late. He’s not a brawler as much as he don’t respect every contender he fights (and you can tell his camp can’t make him automatically respect all of his opponents now that he’s a UFC co-headliner or better).

Yeah, but he's not just 'some guy' - how did he not react better? Surely he must have known what was happening?

I feel he shit the bed, in that moment.

Literally any reaction would have been better. Clap and nod. Give a throat slash. Wave him in - like 'bring it on!'. Rush the cage. Mouth 'fake belt' and laugh... literally anything other than what he did. Fuck, even a sneer ....

And I don't think he 'looked pissed' - but even if he was, if that was what it was... that seems like a weird way to relate to a 'huge compliment' - I guess I don't understand your train of thought.
It’s a lesson in marketing for the new champ for sure.

Max vs ilia at the sphere would be huge. And yes max would be the A side. A couple guys I work with are total casual mma fans and even they were talking about max and the fight. These guys always talk about other sports but couldn’t stop talking about max win over the weekend. Max is definitely at the moment one of if not the biggest star in the sport. Obviously Conor is always sitting at top in popularity but at the moment max is right up at that level. Might not last that long but currently is. Every espn and fox sports show was talking about that fight on Monday.

We agree on this! He does not seem the guy to make same mistake twice.
Honestly the weirdest part is that after volk fought Yair he was acting completely different and waving him Volk on in the crowd which they had a faceoff.
This time he looked shell shocked, which is why everyone is saying he looked scared.

Honestly the weirdest part is that after volk fought Yair he was acting completely different and waving him Volk on in the crowd which they had a faceoff.
This time he looked shell shocked, which is why everyone is saying he looked scared.
I do think he was. It was an epic battle with an epic ending. Probably too he was praying for quite the opposite result.

Back