I'm 100% convinced Wilder is the hardest hitting puncher of all time, are you?

Fury retired and got pinged for drugs, he can't be Lineal Champion. And you forget that he had a long lay off where he went on a drugs and drink binge whilst gaining 200lbs, then came back looking pretty piss poor vs. two nobodies. But yeah Lineal Champion sounds better and that's excluding the fact that the Worlds biggest puncher couldn't KO his opponent.
Excuses

Wilder couldn't KO Charlie Zelenoff.

You do, of course, realize that Wilder was just playing with Zelenoff, right? He wasn't about to spark him & face a potential lawsuit afterward.

From what I've seen with my own two eyes I'd rate Shavers at #1, Foreman at #2 & Tyson at a somewhat distant #3 as far as the hardest punchers that I've ever seen fight and/or train in person. Shavers right hand was ridiculously hard & stands as the single hardest shot that I've seen. Foreman's right hand was close behind but he had the overall advantage in that he could punch with both hands equally hard & he also had a poleaxe jab as well. While Tyson's power was made more fearsome than it actually was because of his hand speed & his combination punching. He could hit very hard but shot for shot he wasn't on Shavers or Foreman's level.
IMG_20170928_171456.jpg IMG_20170926_144429 (2).jpg IMG_20170926_135559.jpg

Now, having not had the opportunity to see Wilder up close & personal like the others it's more a bit more difficult for me to access his power as accurately. But I'd say that he's likely up there on the level of a Shavers & Foreman with his right hand. Funny things happen to his opponents after they've been hit with it & while he may not be as physically strong as Foreman or have quite the sheer force as Shavers IMO there's more snap on the end of Wilder's right hand.

He hits hard for sure. Maybe harder than George Foreman.

lol. Based on Knocking out a bunch of bums and club fighters? How many elite fighters has he KO? hes just another hype job. Not even on the radar for biggest puncher.

Anyone who's claiming they "know" who hits harder out of Tyson, Wilder and Foreman is just talking out of their backside.

Unless they hit a machine how do we know?

All 3 hit hard, all 3 have shown it, proved it, to state that a poster of Sherdog know's the factual data is ridiculous considering we don't have the numbers of an actual test to prove it.

TS is a hyperbole merchant imo.

You do, of course, realize that Wilder was just playing with Zelenoff, right? He wasn't about to spark him & face a potential lawsuit afterward.

Wilder could have killed Zelenoff if he fought seriously.

I don't think some people realize how much harder professional boxers hit than regular people. We've all seen what Wilder can do to professional boxers, who are trained specifically to take punches. Zelenoff's just a crazy guy.

Last edited:

Of course I do. My post was just a joke.

Anchor bar or Duff's that has the best wings?
I think the Anchor Bar's are tasty but I've always preferred Duff's extra hot. Though by the time I'm through with them I'm always drenched in sweat. But it's worth it. LOL.
I can't recall, are you from Buffalo or the outlying area? Me? Born in Buffalo & raised in Lockport. And, as you probably know, I lived in the Falls just before moving to Arizona.

I think the Anchor Bar's are tasty but I've always preferred Duff's extra hot. Though by the time I'm through with them I'm always drenched in sweat. But it's worth it. LOL.
I can't recall, are you from Buffalo or the outlying area? Me? Born in Buffalo & raised in Lockport. And, as you probably know, I lived in the Falls just before moving to Arizona.
Yeah I love extra hot wings too. I always ask for the "nuclear" out here, but most of the time they're not that hot. Swallow's prob has the best wings here but there's a few places.

I'm from Cuse and grew up right outside here, my whole family is from Upstate, dad is from Utica/Rome, Ma is from Binghamton, we settled around Syracuse when I was just a wee one. I live here now, I actually have a brother who went to Geneseo and now he lives in Arizona, as well.
I always say we Upstate folks stick together, good ppl up here even tho sometimes we get some shit for the weather/economy, it's home for me and mine, haha. Long live Carmen Basilio!

Yeah I love extra hot wings too. I always ask for the "nuclear" out here, but most of the time they're not that hot. Swallow's prob has the best wings here but there's a few places.

I'm from Cuse and grew up right outside here, my whole family is from Upstate, dad is from Utica/Rome, Ma is from Binghamton, we settled around Syracuse when I was just a wee one. I live here now, I actually have a brother who went to Geneseo and now he lives in Arizona, as well.
I always say we Upstate folks stick together, good ppl up here even tho sometimes we get some shit for the weather/economy, it's home for me and mine, haha. Long live Carmen Basilio!
Right on, bro. And don't forget Billy Backus. I love both those guys.
It seems like Carmine must have shown up at about half my amateur fights & Billy was my boss when I worked for the NYSAC. Fun times.

REASONS. Or are you trying to dispute the facts?
You're citing stupid technicalities, you have to beat the man to be the man. Wilder almost knocked the man dead cold. Power proven at highest possible level.

From what I've seen with my own two eyes I'd rate Shavers at #1, Foreman at #2 & Tyson at a somewhat distant #3 as far as the hardest punchers that I've ever seen fight and/or train in person. Shavers right hand was ridiculously hard & stands as the single hardest shot that I've seen. Foreman's right hand was close behind but he had the overall advantage in that he could punch with both hands equally hard & he also had a poleaxe jab as well. While Tyson's power was made more fearsome than it actually was because of his hand speed & his combination punching. He could hit very hard but shot for shot he wasn't on Shavers or Foreman's level.
View attachment 632837 View attachment 632839 View attachment 632841

Now, having not had the opportunity to see Wilder up close & personal like the others it's more a bit more difficult for me to access his power as accurately. But I'd say that he's likely up there on the level of a Shavers & Foreman with his right hand. Funny things happen to his opponents after they've been hit with it & while he may not be as physically strong as Foreman or have quite the sheer force as Shavers IMO there's more snap on the end of Wilder's right hand.
sounds like an accurate assessment to me.

You're citing stupid technicalities, you have to beat the man to be the man. Wilder almost knocked the man dead cold. Power proven at highest possible level.

Fury wasn't lineal, that's not a technicality that's a fact. And for someone with top level power it didn't stop his opponent getting back to his feet. Both facts.

God himself couldn’t ko Charlie zelenoff. Zell is the answer to a paradox. God created a boxer so perfect even he couldn’t beat him.

Fury wasn't lineal, that's not a technicality that's a fact. And for someone with top level power it didn't stop his opponent getting back to his feet. Both facts.
Tbf Fury said Deontay basically fully put him out and he woke up again at like the 4 count, iirc. He also said he thinks the only reason he was able to wake back up was b/c of that follow up hook after the right hand that caved his head in.

Back