I'm enjoying a tasty Bloody Caesar at the moment

Seems like an awful lot of work just to get a buzz in the morning.

It's the best Bloody Mary that you've ever had. Anyone else a fan?

I don't drink often these days ( I think the last time was back on Christmas day ) but when I do, mixed drinks are the way I go & the Bloody Caesar is my go-to drink. Oh, I'll settle for a regular Bloody Mary if need be or the occasional Margarita. Once in a while, a gin & grapefruit will even do as long as there's sea salt on the rim.

But back to the Bloody Caesar. If you're not familiar with the recipe here's the best one:
https://www.theendlessmeal.com/best-bloody-caesar-drink/

If that's not your thing then what's your favorite mixed drink?

Just mixed up one of these. Went a tad heavy on the spiciness, but really good. Great suggestion, really appreciate it.

Big shout out to a legit Canadian drink! Great thread ts. I remember being in the states a few times and ordering them. Getting blank stares.
Wayne Gretzkys place in Toronto made a great one. I think that was the only good thing. I believe it’s closed now.

Yup when I was 19 living just downriver of Detroit we'd make frequent trips to Windsor, sometimes multiple times a week. Believe the exchange rate was like 1 USD : 1.40 CD possibly even 1.45 at it's highest.

...and I remember bottles of beer bring 2 CD...
Opposite for us. When we come home, we need a loan. It was at par there for a bit, so bought a bunch of US dollars knowing it couldn’t last.

On the topic of cocktails though, if I'm feeling classy I'll go for an Old Fashioned or a Whiskey Sour.
I make banging Old Fashioneds and Whisky Sours. You gotta get egg white in your whisky sour though. And fresh lemon juice, no sour mix. “Mixes” are bullshit.

I make banging Old Fashioneds and Whisky Sours. You gotta get egg white in your whisky sour though. And fresh lemon juice, no sour mix. “Mixes” are bullshit.
I absolutely agree.

I have never understood the appeal of Bloody Marys. They look and smell disgusting and the ingredients are foul. Id rather just have a screwdriver or a beer with some breakfast if im hungover. Ordering that thing sober...
<{clintugh}>

I like orange juice and lemonade
American lemonade or British, like R Whites?

Orange juice and fizzy lemonade is tits.

I haven't had a bloody caeser before, BFAM. I do make a bang tidy bloody mary though if I can get my hands on fresh horseradish. That's a decent breakfast. My NFL bar does it in a fish bowl size glass with a mini hamburger, boiled egg, smoked salmon, baconand other stuff I can't remember. The look on people's faces when it arrives is priceless.

I haven't had a bloody caeser before, BFAM. I do make a bang tidy bloody mary though if I can get my hands on fresh horseradish. That's a decent breakfast. My NFL bar does it in a fish bowl size glass with a mini hamburger, boiled egg, smoked salmon, baconand other stuff I can't remember. The look on people's faces when it arrives is priceless.
I’m not a fan of Bloody Mary’s myself, but if you like them you should try a Red Snapper. It’s similar to a Bloody Mary, but with gin instead of vodka.
https://www.diffordsguide.com/cocktails/recipe/1665/red-snapper

I love those sorts of Bloody Marys! Where it comes in a massive round glass with a mini-meal as a garnish. They're awesome.

Speaking of bars, I haven't been paying as much attention to the COVID news over the past couple of weeks. Is California still in bad shape? Has there been any indication of when establishments might be reopening?

It's the best Bloody Mary that you've ever had. Anyone else a fan?

I don't drink often these days ( I think the last time was back on Christmas day ) but when I do, mixed drinks are the way I go & the Bloody Caesar is my go-to drink. Oh, I'll settle for a regular Bloody Mary if need be or the occasional Margarita. Once in a while, a gin & grapefruit will even do as long as there's sea salt on the rim.

But back to the Bloody Caesar. If you're not familiar with the recipe here's the best one:
https://www.theendlessmeal.com/best-bloody-caesar-drink/

If that's not your thing then what's your favorite mixed drink?

Saw this on twitter and thought of you

Not a big drinker either, but love the occasional margarita. I remember going to some yacht / sail club down at Miami and the margarita had a long wedge of cane sugar. Was amazing and had a second one.

Back