in the last 5 UFC events, the underdog has won the main event 5/5 times

No, she’s 8-1 with her only loss being by decision while she cut Cyborg up. She sucks.

Did you even UFC 240 dude? Or the other two cards where Spencer got a first round finish? Main card in all her UFC fights. Your casual slip is showing.

Come on dude cut him some slack. He is not a Canadian I suppose so he wasn't following Specenr's career vigorously like you are doing.

Come on dude cut him some slack. He is not a Canadian I suppose so he wasn't following Specenr's career vigorously like you are doing.

Like I said... he’s not even watching the main card. On both ppv, and FN. Dispute that.

Like I said... he’s not even watching the main card. On both ppv, and FN. Dispute that.

I guess many would face the same problem that he is facing. Even I can't tell you the names of all the fighters who fought at the main card in last 10 events unless it is the main or co-main event or a spectacular finish or someone that I was rooting for. Even though I watched all of them.

I guess many would face the same problem that he is facing. Even I can't tell you the names of all the fighters who fought at the main card in last 10 events unless it is the main or co-main event or a spectacular finish or someone that I was rooting for. Even though I watched all of them.

Well he said he didn’t even know who she was. Can you honestly tell me that you’ve watched every main card in the last 15 months, or so. And one fighter appeared on 3 of them. Including the co-main of a ppv, against a fighter many still consider the GOAT. Yet you literally didn’t even know who that fighter was?

Think clearly now. He shouldn’t need you to defend him.

not happening OP. Nunes is too powerful and strong for Spencer sadly. If it does happen OP. Five star thread. :D

not happening OP. Nunes is too powerful and strong for Spencer sadly. If it does happen OP. Five star thread. :D

As a fan of Mandy, Just trying to jinx the trend. Don't know if it will work or not.

There’s a very good chance, I’ll be eating a big shitburger, on Saturday night. But, I picked Spencer to win the UFC FW title by the end of 2020, at least 2 years ago.

I’m not jamming out now. If I’m right it’s beyond glorious. If I’m wrong, she got beat by the GOAT. I can honestly live with that. Not even close to the stupidest prediction in Sherdog history, that far out. Spencer is fighting for the title.

The Walkers, Landos, and Perrys will never even sniff that opportunity. But a lot of you jumped on those bandwagons.

The Walkers, Landos, and Perrys will never even sniff that opportunity. But a lot of you jumped on those bandwagons.

Are you really going to compare a stacked Welterweight, Lightweight & a considerably shallow (but still stacked compared to Women's featherweight) Light heavyweight division?

Besides all of them are exciting fighters don't know why you are hating on them. At least from I can tell no one is hating on Spencer here. It's just that they don't know her that much.

@Myrddin Wild

There was a guy on the Luke Thomas show last year around this time Who, I believe, was from the UFC and kept statistics for them. I remember him saying something like 30% of the winners in 2018 were underdogs. I’d have to go back and get the specific numbers,But it was surprisingly high. I need to go find that guy and see if he’s written anything about 2019.
It is entirely likely when you consider that sports betting lines are not actually a representation of the bookmakers opinion on the likelihood of the outcome. They set the initial line, but then the line is adjusted by the bets that are made.
So the final line is actually a refelction of what the betting public thinks is the likely outcome. And if you know the public, you know they are generally fucking morons.

Are you really going to compare a stacked Welterweight, Lightweight & a considerably shallow (but still stacked compared to Women's featherweight) Light heavyweight division?

Besides all of them are exciting fighters don't know why you are hating on them. At least from I can tell no one is hating on Spencer here. It's just that they don't know her that much.

@Myrddin Wild

I’m not comparing anything. I’m talking about main card fighters. One that now has a Co-main ppv, and in a few days main event ppv under her belt. But, you literally don’t know whom she is.

I didn’t hop on any of those hype trains. Did you? Those divisions mostly have a defined and dominant champion. But, you all thought you’d be the first to jump on the next hype train. Yet, they’ve all been proven to be nothing more than journeymen at the UFC level.

The point was. Casuals gonna casual. Don’t act like you actually follow the sport.

Edited.

And by “follow the sport”... I mean you don’t even watch the main card. Let alone all the rest, including other promotions. Being a Sherdog denizen does not mean you actually follow the sport, at all.

Last edited:
5 straight underdog wins is unheard of. Nunes will fix it this Saturday. Way too strong and better everywhere than her opponent, an overweight soccer mom who is just too lazy to cut weight. Cyborg destroyed Spencer and Spencer couldn't do shit to her on the ground. Nunes has a legit ground game so Spencer will do even less. as long as nunes doesn't accidentally knee her head in a downed position, she wins this easily.

5 straight underdog wins is unheard of. Nunes will fix it this Saturday. Way too strong and better everywhere than her opponent, an overweight soccer mom who is just too lazy to cut weight. Cyborg destroyed Spencer and Spencer couldn't do shit to her on the ground. Nunes has a legit ground game so Spencer will do even less. as long as nunes doesn't accidentally knee her head in a downed position, she wins this easily.

The fight with Cyborg never went to the ground. You may need to watch it again to refresh your memory. Spencer tried to pull guard once, but missed. Ate some nasty ground and pound, but returned to the feet, quickly. The fight was NEVER on the ground.

Either speak the truth, or don’t bother talking at all.

I’m not comparing anything. I’m talking about main card fighters. One that now has a Co-main ppv, and in a few days main event ppv under her belt. But, you literally don’t know whom she is.

I didn’t hop on any of those hype trains. Did you? Those divisions mostly have a defined and dominant champion. But, you all thought you’d be the first to jump on the next hype train. Yet, they’ve all been proven to be nothing more than journeymen at the UFC level.

The point was. Casuals gonna casual. Don’t act like you actually follow the sport.

Edited.

And by “follow the sport”... I mean you don’t even watch the main card. Let alone all the rest, including other promotions. Being a Sherdog denizen does not mean you actually follow the sport, at all.

You are literally taking it emotionally my dude, People lack's interest in WMMA apart from some exceptions, So it's no wonder that she is not a popular name. And dude that's quite an arrogant take .

I am avid football fan & a huge supporter of Liverpool but if you ask me the name of Liga MX or MLS champion then I can't tell you as I have no interest in Liga MS or MLS. That doesn't make a casual fan.

On any day in any moment I would prefer to watch Douglas Lima over Felicia Spencer & TBH he isn't near of UFC welterweight title picture either. That doesn't make him any less of a talent or hype job. People wants excitement from their fights, WMMA barely delivers, So no wonder they are not popular despite them main evening for a while. On that matter alone you can't deem one casuals.

You are literally taking it emotionally my dude, People lack's interest in WMMA apart from some exceptions, So it's no wonder that she is not a popular name. And dude that's quite an arrogant take .

I am avid football fan & a huge supporter of Liverpool but if you ask me the name of Liga MX or MLS champion then I can't tell you as I have no interest in Liga MS or MLS. That doesn't make a casual fan.

On any day in any moment I would prefer to watch Douglas Lima over Felicia Spencer & TBH he isn't near of UFC welterweight title picture either. That doesn't make him any less of a talent or hype job. People wants excitement from their fights, WMMA barely delivers, So no wonder they are not popular despite them main evening for a while. On that matter alone you can't deem one casuals.

Whatever you say. I pointed out a lot of facts. You didn’t refute a single one of them. I guess you justified yourself in your mind. Casuals gonna casual. Have a good night.

Whatever you say. I pointed out a lot of facts. You didn’t refute a single one of them. I guess you justified yourself in your mind. Casuals gonna casual. Have a good night.

If not following a fringe WMMA fighter in a shallow division makes me or anyone a casual fan then so be it.

If not following a fringe WMMA fighter in a shallow division makes me or anyone a casual fan then so be it.

Ahhh, in the last 10 mins I discovered that you’re one of the Anti-GSP brigade. It all makes sense now, why you even took up somebody else’s fight.

Go away clown.

Ahhh, in the last 10 mins I discovered that you’re one of the Anti-GSP brigade. It all makes sense now, why you even took up somebody else’s fight.

Go away clown.

GSP?? Why are you bringing GSP into this? Also show me a single post I made about GSP; let alone against him? Why are you suddenly trying to make it about GSP. Such an irrational behaviour.

Odds makers have been fucking up. I picked the underdog in everyone of those fights the only fight I was wrong on was Smith vs Glover but I knew that was a toss up.

I was wrong with Ferguson and Harris but right with Oliveira and Burns.

However i thought about Nunes vs Spencer and it looks like a 100% sure bet, like i thought about Modafferi vs Barber and Werdum vs Oleinik... which both i was wrong...

images

images

Spencer could have won,but Cyborg was saved the doctors did not stop the fight.

Amanda did not seem impressive in her last fight,I think Amanda win but fights can sometimes surprise.

Back