Incredible video on the benefit of Fasting Dr Pradip Jamnadas

mmafan2000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have started to fast because of this and I feel 100 times better. What do you think?

I don't know this guy but I am a huge proponent of fasting.
Ya, seriously

Fasting is such a powerful and effective tool. I don't do it too often but sometimes I feel like I need to. Always feel good after a fast, especially once I get some bone broth and fresh veg juice back in me.

Ya, seriously

Fasting is such a powerful and effective tool. I don't do it too often but sometimes I feel like I need to. Always feel good after a fast, especially once I get some bone broth and fresh veg juice back in me.
I didn't mention it before as it feels like I'm always going on about it on here, but coincidentally today is the final day of a 5 day fast. I'm looking forward to some bone-broth and a fat rib-eye later.
I've practised intermittent fasting for over a decade, and I've now pretty much settled on a longer fast twice a year, a 36 hour once a week (most weeks), and 16/8 most days. I may go on a bit of a bulk and drop the 36 hour weekly fasts for a while though.

I will caveat by saying fasting definitely isn't for everyone but for me personally, it's arguably the single most beneficial thing I do.

I didn't mention it before as it feels like I'm always going on about it on here, but coincidentally today is the final day of a 5 day fast. I'm looking forward to some bone-broth and a fat rib-eye later.
I've practised intermittent fasting for over a decade, and I've now pretty much settled on a longer fast twice a year, a 36 hour once a week (most weeks), and 16/8 most days. I may go on a bit of a bulk and drop the 36 hour weekly fasts for a while though.

I will caveat by saying fasting definitely isn't for everyone but for me personally, it's arguably the single most beneficial thing I do.
In addition to aip, I've advocated fasting to a number of people suffering from thyroid disorders, arthritis, diabetes, autoimmune disorders. They all eat like shit and rely on medication from their doctors, none of whom ever advocate fasting or diet change. None of the people have ever listened to my advice.

I accept responsibility for not explaining the benefits well enough. I start talking about autophagy and the body cleansing itself and their eyes glaze over but it's not so much that they're stupid but that I don't break down the science as clearly and succinctly as I should. It's that, and the fact that they lack will power so they tend to steer towards the path of least resistance. It is easier to change nothing about their eating habits, listen to their idiot doctor, and take a pill rather than do something that will require discipline and conscious effort.

And who cares if they do follow my advice? It's just irritating when the same people then try to lecture me about wearing a mask and getting vaccinated. I haven't been sick in 5 years and last time I was, I was taking immunosuppressants prescribed by my doctor.

The best decision I ever made healthwise was to stop listening to doctors and to instead begin my fasting/aip journey. I'm physically capable of things now that I thought I would never do again under my doctor's care.

Went off on a little rant their, but yeah, fasting is something I will utilize strategically for the rest of my life as well. For me, I just do it based on feel.

Last edited:
In addition to aip, I've advocated fasting to a number of people suffering from thyroid disorders, arthritis, diabetes, autoimmune disorders. They all eat like shit and rely on medication from their doctors, none of whom ever advocate fasting or diet change. None of the people have ever listened to my advice.

I accept responsibility for not explaining the benefits well enough. I start talking about autophagy and the body cleansing itself and their eyes glaze over but it's not so much that they're stupid but that I don't break down the science as clearly and succinctly as I should. It's that, and the fact that they lack will power so they tend to steer towards the path of least resistance. It is easier to change nothing about their eating habits, listen to their idiot doctor, and take a pill rather than do something that will require discipline and conscious effort.

And who cares if they do follow my advice? It's just irritating when the same people then try to lecture me about wearing a mask and getting vaccinated. I haven't been sick in 5 years and last time I was, I was taking immunosuppressants prescribed by my doctor.

The best decision I ever made healthwise was to stop listening to doctors and to instead begin my fasting/aip journey. I'm physically capable of things now that I thought I would never do again under my doctor's care.

Went off on a little rant their, but yeah, fasting is something I will utilize strategically for the rest of my life as well. For me, I just do it based on feel.
The problem is that there have been so many fad diets over the years, and now we're understanding more and more that traditional dietary advice (food pyramids etc.) is suboptimal for most people, and downright damaging for some. It's difficult for people to parse what's based on good evidence, and what is not. Particularly when one person is presenting information which is in stark contrast to what they've been led to believe - you can't blame anyone for initially dismissing that information as just another fad.
I speak on fasting etc, when people ask about it, or they ask me about diet in general. I'm happy to give them my thoughts, but I try not to prosthelytize. One of my best friends is a lifelong vegetarian and multi-year vegan and to be fair he's much healthier than many men our age - we do discuss diet on occasion which is interesting. We're proper friends so it's always respectful, but we're definitely coming at the issue of eating for optimal health from opposite directions.

The problem is that there have been so many fad diets over the years, and now we're understanding more and more that traditional dietary advice (food pyramids etc.) is suboptimal for most people, and downright damaging for some. It's difficult for people to parse what's based on good evidence, and what is not. Particularly when one person is presenting information which is in stark contrast to what they've been led to believe - you can't blame anyone for initially dismissing that information as just another fad.
I speak on fasting etc, when people ask about it, or they ask me about diet in general. I'm happy to give them my thoughts, but I try not to prosthelytize. One of my best friends is a lifelong vegetarian and multi-year vegan and to be fair he's much healthier than many men our age - we do discuss diet on occasion which is interesting. We're proper friends so it's always respectful, but we're definitely coming at the issue of eating for optimal health from opposite directions.
Some people do vegan/vegetarian and seem to make it work but I think many of them are in denial about their health. I recall a few years ago that a prominent vegan youtuber was caught eating fish at a restaurant and then tried to justify it afterwards while still holding onto her vegan status. A lot of them start to look weak and dilapidated after a few months or years of no animal products. Many seem very angry as well.

@Jose Beehive is a vegan and we've had some good discussions

I certainly respect vegans for their desire to spare living sentient creatures of suffering. Still, how many animals and even insects are killed in monoculture farming? Do their lives not matter? Why is an insects life less important just because it's annoying and less intelligent and cute.

I can't be healthy on a vegan diet due to my autoimmune disorder. Without meat, it's impossible for me to get the protein I need as I react poorly to so many legumes

Some people do vegan/vegetarian and seem to make it work but I think many of them are in denial about their health. I recall a few years ago that a prominent vegan youtuber was caught eating fish at a restaurant and then tried to justify it afterwards while still holding onto her vegan status. A lot of them start to look weak and dilapidated after a few months or years of no animal products. Many seem very angry as well.

@Jose Beehive is a vegan and we've had some good discussions

I certainly respect vegans for their desire to spare living sentient creatures of suffering. Still, how many animals and even insects are killed in monoculture farming? Do their lives not matter? Why is an insects life less important just because it's annoying and less intelligent and cute.

I can't be healthy on a vegan diet due to my autoimmune disorder. Without meat, it's impossible for me to get the protein I need as I react poorly to so many legumes

Many Vegans are full of shit, deluded and unhealthy.. Just like Meat eaters, don't let that what seems to be a "small cult" in some peoples eyes, take away from the masses of dumb dumbs(some of which disagree with cooked food being against Veganism) represent us, there are plenty of smart nourished intellectuals who have been vegan for decades , and/or plenty of hard working athletes.. The "status" is mixed because you get morons who think 'plant based eating/diet' means being a Vegan(it doesn't), or they add insane things to the philosophy that simply don't represent the majority...
If what someone you have met describes Vegansim as anything but what this basically says ..

"Veganism is a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, humans and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."

..Then they are probably dumb dumb's imo

Also most agricultural farming is used to feed said animals, monoculture farming is a pin prick of an issue compared to the trillions of animals killed every year + the effect that has on the ocean, rain forests, human mental health, and then also obviously the fucking with the animals(not literally lol)... Basically If the majority of Soy and Corn is cropped/harvested for Cows, then you stop shit agricultural farming via not eating animals still, and in the mean time actually save more Bugs and Plant life(lol) if you really believe that is some counter argument to the TRILLIONS of conscious animals we unnecessarily murder each YEAR(Bugs included I consider them equals).. No vegan is up for killing bugs, we can farm(Veg)in a way we don't need to, you can't harm animals in a way you don't mean to harm and end their lives unnecessarily, it's a complete bulshit argument because the amount of subsidies and investments the government pays towards the animal industries shows
that money could be spent elsewhere(Like creating farms that don't fuck with bugs or mice).

Also, I'd fuck those Vegan Propaganda video's off ASAP, literally I put weight on and became way way more on it with alertness and my health... I would have thought GameChangers would have debunked this outdated nonsense by now.

Last edited:
I would have thought GameChangers would have debunked this outdated nonsense by now.

f349510225e39c775ee3a6ecc92d5166.gif

So you also believe all the vegans eventually start looking like skeletal zombies and become rampant conspiracy theorist nutters purely based on selective YouTube videos too then
<{MingNope}>

Fasting is great, especially dry fasting. I feel much better on a dry fast than on a waterfast.

I heard fasting can excerbate problems with hypothyroidism and hairloss related to thyroid issues. Do you have experiences with fixing these problems?

How does Fasting work with athletic performance though...how can you hit your protein number or nutritional needs for adequate hard training when your essentially starving...

I speaking from a martial artist view point...as someone interested in fighting MMA and has competited in combat and grappling jiu-jitsu competitions...ive always wondered what does fasting do or help someone looking to get ready for a sporting/combat event...

I heard fasting can excerbate problems with hypothyroidism and hairloss related to thyroid issues. Do you have experiences with fixing these problems?
No, I don't. Sorry

I'm curious as to how something as simple and natural as fasting would exasperate those issues. How many hours can someone supposedly go without ingesting calories before triggering a thyroid issue. Sounds like total bs

No, I don't. Sorry

I'm curious as to how something as simple and natural as fasting would exasperate those issues. How many hours can someone supposedly go without ingesting calories before triggering a thyroid issue. Sounds like total bs
I think in the short term from what I heard if you have hypothyroidism the fasting will further slow down the bodys metabolism and production of the thyroid hormones which would increase your symptoms.

I dabbled with intermittent fasting but was not seeing result, and subsequently I got acid reflux from eating bigger meal when I break fast. But a while ago, I came across Dr. Fung's fasting materials.

He also wrote a very useful book Complete guide to fasting, you can find the pdf of the book for free just by googling it.

I've been trying to do longer fast, once every 2 weeks, I started at 24 hours, then 36, and so on. I just finished a 72 hour 2 days ago, it was definitely getting easier the longer I do it. I wasn't even as hungry during the 3rd day as the first day. I am planning by the time I get to 5 days I'd just scale it back to once a month. And do a single day fast in the alternate week. During this time, I've lost around 7-8kg (this is with me eating dessert/drinking and occasional junk food when not fasting), I wasn't overweight but it feels like most of the weight I lost was fat and I kept most of the muscle as I hike and cycle often and my performance either stay the same or improved. I've had decent skin before, but it's getting even better now, I noticed when I wash my face that it feels even smoother to the touch than before.

My advice for people who want to try it is start with dirty water fast, which means allow yourself coffee/tea without milk/sugar on top of water, it would definitely make it easier. Drink more water than you are used to because you won't get water from your meals anymore and due to having no sodium from food either, you will have lower water retention. Which means remember to supplement your water with salt, this becomes increasingly more important the longer you fast.

Back