International India Facing Healthcare and Economic Disaster from Second Wave of COVID

Locals in the northern Indian state of Bihar found dozens of dead bodies on the banks of the river Ganges, media reported on Monday.

The bodies, which floated down from Uttar Pradesh, were of coronavirus victims whose families could not afford the costs of cremation, authorities said.

Locals in the northern Indian state of Bihar found dozens of dead bodies on the banks of the river Ganges, media reported on Monday.

The bodies, which floated down from Uttar Pradesh, were of coronavirus victims whose families could not afford the costs of cremation, authorities said.

Foreign funded propaganda just like the those fake farmer protests

We sure have come a long way from "India locked down, and they're doing great!"

It's a marathon, not a sprint. The only universal truths of Covid is that China lied and Cuomo was corrupt while killing thousands. Everything else needs time to shake out.

And yet we still have over a hundred Sherdoggers who still can't wrap their little head around the simple fact that temporary emergency measures like lockdowns and travel bans can only buy time, slow the spread, and reduce some hospitalization while the population is inoculated to reach Herd Immunity ASAP.

WR is always full of idiots, but don't you agree the biggest retards of 2021 are those who are simultaneously against emergency restrictions AND the actual solution that would lift such restrictions, made possible by Operation Warpspeed?

Last edited:
WR is always full of idiots, but don't you agree the biggest retards of 2021 are those who are simultaneously against emergency restrictions AND the actual solution that would lift such restrictions, made possible by Operation Warpspeed?

I think vaccine hesitancy is more logical, given the speed that the vaccines were created and the ever changing "recommendations" surrounding them. Up here, we just put another pause on the AZ vaccine, after being told it was perfectly safe, until it wasn't, and then it was, and then it wasn't again. I'll tell you right now, that I'm happy I'm not an AZ vaccine recipient, given the inconsistent messaging surrounding it. The messaging wouldn't leave me with a whole lot of confidence that they actually know what the fuck they put into my body.

In terms of lockdowns, they're useless. I think we could've beat this shit by focusing on the most vulnerable. The blanket approach is dumb.

I think vaccine hesitancy is more logical, given the speed that the vaccines were created and the ever changing "recommendations" surrounding them. Up here, we just put another pause on the AZ vaccine, after being told it was perfectly safe, until it wasn't, and then it was, and then it wasn't again. I'll tell you right now, that I'm happy I'm not an AZ vaccine recipient, given the inconsistent messaging surrounding it. The messaging wouldn't leave me with a whole lot of confidence that they actually know what the fuck they put into my body.

In terms of lockdowns, they're useless. I think we could've beat this shit by focusing on the most vulnerable. The blanket approach is dumb.

And what exactly do you suggest is the solution for India if not vaccination with AZ, with all things considered?

And what exactly do you suggest is the solution for India if not vaccination with AZ, with all things considered?

They've started manufacturing and importing in Sputnik. There are private hospitals that are ummm, how you say ... pre-selling it for a price.

I'd suggest anything to get a handle on it. Their situation is not the same though. They're way overpopulated and use beaches as toilets. Their healthcare system is on the brink at all times. Take the AZ vaccine, if you live in India. It's not like it's the biggest health risk you'll face in your lifetime. Over here though, we have certain luxuries that afford us options.

They've started manufacturing and importing in Sputnik. There are private hospitals that are ummm, how you say ... pre-selling it for a price.

Speaking of which, a former classmate of mine in Vietnam just told me that as soon as the Indian government blocked SII from fulfilling their developing countries' AstraZeneca purchase orders, private hospitals in Vietnam started offering the AZ shots from the last shipment for $50. o_O

This is why I deeply despise the fact that the U.S is still sitting tight on over 60 Million doses of AZ right now.

Nothing really.... India don't care about covid, Even in Canada Indian students still hang out in huge group without wearing mask or following canada protocol

Only if you are a brainless sheep that can't do the most basic logical thinking. Sounds like you bought the propaganda big time.

India and Brazil is getting hit badly and has been for some time. I dont think their variants were worse than the latest UK one, but I've only taken a cursory glance. Seems like it's mismanagement and overconfidence, combined with the mutation, that got them.
Honestly. I hate to make this political. But their leaders never took it seriously. I mean, Brazil’s guy is called South American trump or something. And modi is the same. Just an observation.

Honestly. I hate to make this political. But their leaders never took it seriously. I mean, Brazil’s guy is called South American trump or something. And modi is the same. Just an observation.

One day, when the political noise dies down, Americans will give the credit where the credit is due for the success of Operation Warp Speed that was instrumental in the successful development of the vaccines that Americans - and the Western world - currently enjoy.

The other two can mug right off, for they contributed nothing to the solution, especially Modi's government for actually trying to blame his shambolic dumpster fire on the Serum Institute of India after completely dismissing the second wave.

Last edited:
Not this bullshit again :mad:

Indian doctors warn against cow dung as COVID cure
By Amit Dave | May 11, 2021

Doctors in India are warning against the practice of using cow dung in the belief it will ward off COVID-19, saying there is no scientific evidence for its effectiveness and that it risks spreading other diseases.

The coronavirus pandemic has wrought devastation on India, with 22.66 million cases and 246,116 deaths reported so far. Experts say actual numbers could be five to 10 times higher, and citizens across the country are struggling to find hospital beds, oxygen, or medicines, leaving many to die for lack of treatment.

In the state of Gujarat in western India, some believers have been going to cow shelters once a week to cover their bodies in cow dung and urine in the hope it will boost their immunity against, or help them recover from, the coronavirus.

In Hinduism, the cow is a sacred symbol of life and the earth, and for centuries Hindus have used cow dung to clean their homes and for prayer rituals, believing it has therapeutic and antiseptic properties.

"We see ... even doctors come here. Their belief is that this therapy improves their immunity and they can go and tend to patients with no fear," said Gautam Manilal Borisa, an associate manager at a pharmaceuticals company, who said the practice helped him recover from COVID-19 last year.

He has since been a regular at the Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul Vishwavidya Pratishthanam, a school run by Hindu monks that lies just across the road from the Indian headquarters of Zydus Cadila (CADI.NS), which is developing its own COVID-19 vaccine.

As participants wait for the dung and urine mixture on their bodies to dry, they hug or honour the cows at the shelter, and practice yoga to boost energy levels. The packs are then washed off with milk or buttermilk.

Doctors and scientists in India and across the world have repeatedly warned against practising alternative treatments for COVID-19, saying they can lead to a false sense of security and complicate health problems.

"There is no concrete scientific evidence that cow dung or urine work to boost immunity against COVID-19, it is based entirely on belief," said Dr JA Jayalal, national president at the Indian Medical Association.

"There are also health risks involved in smearing or consuming these products - other diseases can spread from the animal to humans."

There are also concerns the practice could contribute to the spread of the virus as it involved people gathering in groups. Madhucharan Das, in charge of another cow shelter in Ahmedabad, said they were limiting the number of participants.

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/indian-doctors-warn-against-cow-dung-covid-cure-2021-05-11/

Last edited:
Then by all means that strain must be prevented from leaving india.

Something that is not addressed is the incredibly poor air quality in India and its impact on their lung health. It's estimated that 30% of all premature deaths in India are a result of the air pollution. That doesn't even cover the fact that 25% of adults in India smoke cigarettes.

Bottom line: India has a lot of things working against it where COVID mortality is concerned.

india has 1.3 billion people, 2K deaths a day seems lower than the amount of deaths in america (still hovering 1K with 350M people), and we've got the vaccines going

Just some math to put things into context.

That's just what they're reporting. India's data collection methods, especially in the poor rural areas, is terrible. You could multiply that number by 3 and, by all evidence, it would still be underreporting

Back