Law Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Signed into law 11/15/21

There are only 50 and Bernie said nah so it obviously isn’t expected to be a plan that tries to just skim the 50 through reconciliation. Problem is how much support it would then need from GOP senators. You would assume they have at least five since it’s a group of ten from each party.

This is starting to look like the minimum wage hike to me. More Dems are possibly openly supporting the 2.2T proposal then are actually comfortable with voting yes on it.

I think part of this becomes who’s hand is shown first. If it becomes clear they don’t have 50 votes, this deal becomes more viable. If this deal falls through and more blame is seen on the GOP side, maybe that gets those Dems completely on board for reconciliation.

This is starting to look like the minimum wage hike to me. More Dems are possibly openly supporting the 2.2T proposal then are actually comfortable with voting yes on it.

I think part of this becomes who’s hand is shown first. If it becomes clear they don’t have 50 votes, this deal becomes more viable. If this deal falls through and more blame is seen on the GOP side, maybe that gets those Dems completely on board for reconciliation.

All the Dems know they need to pass an Infrastructure plan.

If they don't they might as well cede the country to the Republicans.

They think Manchin will have to vote for anything they get through reconciliation and it's obscure mechanisms.

You just have to toss him some pork and let him do his song and dance.

Biden gets Sanders and Manchin

All the Dems know they need to pass an Infrastructure plan.

If they don't they might as well cede the country to the Republicans.

They think Manchin will have to vote for anything they get through reconciliation and it's obscure mechanisms.

You just have to toss him some pork and let him do his song and dance.

Biden gets Sanders and Manchin

I’ve said this before but I think Machin gets spotlighted on this but it hasn’t necessarily been the case he’s the only thing between Dems and getting everything they have been proposing. There are others for example who haven’t come out against the fillibuster like Machin. He isn’t on an island but he probably is the most to the right of the group too.

I’ve said this before but I think Machin gets spotlighted on this but it hasn’t necessarily been the case he’s the only thing between Dems and getting everything they have been proposing. There are others for example who haven’t come out against the fillibuster like Machin. He isn’t on an island but he probably is the most to the right of the group too.

Yeah but that's a double edged sword. No Dem wants to be to the right of Manchin. When he backs something it puts a lot of pressure on people resisting from the right.

Sinema is the only one that gives me pause.

Your idealistic

The guy who you thought would fix America didn’t and just made things worse from a partisan point of view.

compromise is the only viable option
I didn’t think trump would fix America.. I thought he was a speed bump and maybe a beginning of something better on standing up to what’s coming towards all of us like a train.

That's about the worst attitude toward finances I've ever heard. You probably also would've gladly supported writing this stupid twat a blank check to save everyone from lead poisoning.

Edit: lmao I just saw your post above supporting spending money on replacing lead pipes. That's too good.

Crenshaw asks some pretty good questions that this woman was so entirely unprepared to answer. Bills with open ended wording in them is just asking to be abused. That was a terrible showing from that representative who was supposed to know the contents of the bill inside and out.

The Republicans are fucking up.

Smart would be be to put small shit in it to force the democrats to kill it.

Make the democrats do an end run and then call them out on it.

The idea is to hold the line and create maximum damage.

The Democrats can push this through Reconciliation fairly easily as it's a pure spending bill.

The most leverage the GOP has is trading votes to keep the corporate tax rate at 21%

Ideally, the idea would be to make things better for the country, but Republicans forgot how to think in those terms.

Joe remembers.....

https://time.com/6073781/steve-ricchetti-white-house-infrastructure/

"For his part, Ricchetti is trying to convey to fellow Democrats that talks for the sake of talks cannot go on forever. Democrats remember all too well how badly an agenda can go off the rails when Congress breaks for summer recess with big questions looming. In 2009 and 2010, for instance, that break gave rise to the Tea Party movement, when conservative opposition to President Barack Obama’s agenda—especially on health care—snowballed and knocked Democrats from power at all levels: Republicans picked up seven seats in the U.S. Senate, 63 in the U.S. House, six governorships and flipped control of 20 state legislative chambers."

Back