Law Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Signed into law 11/15/21

Obviously some shit senators wanted to introduce an amendment at the last minute to kill crypto. Always good to know our elected officials want to fuck us over at every turn.

I think you have it mixed up a bit. The original bill had the reporting provision. That caused uproar in the crypto community which led to senators Wyden- Toomey clarifying the term brokerage. However, another pair of senators (Warner/ Portman) proposed their own amendment which still makes the rules for those using a “proof of stake” system. Portman was the original Senator who put the language in the bill with the help of the Treasury so it makes sense he might be trying to upend an amendment from other senators. We should know today where it landed. I can’t seem to find any live senate feed.

MOre deficits.
How about before you spend money you subtract money from somewhere else.

The second thing the left and right can agree on is trillion dollar deficits.
They are going to subtract it out of our pockets in the form of higher taxes, that they’ll forget why they originally raised tax rates and spend it on something else.

Thanks for this.

They really need a damn feed. Senates site says they have one but it never shows up when I go in the spot it should pop up. I don’t have cable so c-span is oddly out of my reach. I mean, ffs, I’d give C-Span $1-2 a month if they did a digital subscription

Looks like it’s somewhere on YouTube

1 trillion eh?

So 200 million to get used to fix the bare minimum at inflated as hell prices because the government loves getting fleeced, and 800 million to go towards playing people for 'consulting' work.

Woo!

MOre deficits.

The CBO estimated it had a deficit of 256B over ten year for the original plan but I believe with the recent amendments, that dropped it down to 156B. Still deficit spending but infrastructure is really the one spot that seems practical. If it had been a social program or increased military spending just for the hell of it, that would be worse.

Passage looks like it will be Monday or Tuesday now. Most of the amendments are through and Senate voted to limit debate at this point. Two more GOP senators voted yes this time around with Cornyn being one so we could expect 67 votes or more on passage.

Passage looks like it will be Monday or Tuesday now. Most of the amendments are through and Senate voted to limit debate at this point. Two more GOP senators voted yes this time around with Cornyn being one so we could expect 67 votes or more on passage.
Has this played out like you expected? I appreciate your updates in this thread btw. Thank you.

This is the sort of work congress should be doing.

MOre deficits.

^^^^^ This 100%

How we get these assholes in D.C. that think we have magic money trees is insane. Where is the fiscal responsibility? This goes for both parties... fuck them.

Biden on the verge of accomplishing more for America than anything achieved under the previous administration.

Competency matters.

So, Dems are refusing a vote on ANY amendments? Is there still a chance they may vote on amendments or are they really that obtuse? They are going to sink an infant crypto market with their ignorance. What a fucking world we live in.

What is the changes they want with crypto ?

^^^^^ This 100%

How we get these assholes in D.C. that think we have magic money trees is insane. Where is the fiscal responsibility? This goes for both parties... fuck them.

We have magic money trees, as demonstrated by the trillions of dollars that went to bail out corporations during the pandemic.

Also there was supposed to be an increase in corporate taxes in the original proposal but no Republican would vote for that.

Back