Injustice 2 v.s. Mortal Kombat 11: Which is the Better Game?

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
I've been considering which of these two games to get. Would anyone care to give their 2 cents? I'm a VERY casual fighting game player btw. Don't give a shit about online play or the competitive scene. My main concern is which one is more fun.

Last edited:
Injustice 2 hands down. Also it has the best zoner out of any zoning characters I’ve ever played with. Dr. Fate crew checking in.

That said the combo potential in injustice2 and damage scale is way more satisfying over MK11. It’s also more fast pace but very footsie oriented. Oh and it has 50:50s which I personally love but some hate that shit.

As to which is more fun because it seems you wouldn’t give AF about any of that, you’d probably like MK11 more because it does have an awesome story mode and a dlc story. Injustice 2’s story is bad by any means but MK11s blows it out of the water imo.

They're both pretty similar single-player content wise. They have long (for fighting games) story modes with cutscenes and different playable chracters. Both games have gear that changes how the characters look and can affect gameplay depending on what mode you play. "More fun" I think would heavily depend on if you like DC characters or Mortal Kombat characters more. Gameplay wise they are pretty different if looking at it from a competitive point of view but they both kind of play the same button input and combo wise (at a basic level). Injustice is push back to block, and MK is hold button to block so that might also affect how fun you think it is.

They're both pretty similar single-player content wise. They have long (for fighting games) story modes with cutscenes and different playable chracters. Both games have gear that changes how the characters look and can affect gameplay depending on what mode you play. "More fun" I think would heavily depend on if you like DC characters or Mortal Kombat characters more. Gameplay wise they are pretty different if looking at it from a competitive point of view but they both kind of play the same button input and combo wise (at a basic level). Injustice is push back to block, and MK is hold button to block so that might also affect how fun you think it is.
I've played the older MK games (1-3), but I think I prefer holding back to block. I'm not good at execution, so anything that overly relies on frame knowledge and mechanics I want to stay away from (for instance, double quarter circle forward and 360 motion inputs are tough for me to pull off, especially in the middle of combos). I'm used to playing with a d-pad and won't buy a joystick. From what I've seen, NRS games don't go any more complicated than quarter circle motion, which I'm fine with. I got nostalgia for MK, but I've heard mixed opinions about the gameplay. Then again, these are opinions from the FGC, so I don't know how much that applies to casuals.

Last edited:
Injustice 2 hands down. Also it has the best zoner out of any zoning characters I’ve ever played with. Dr. Fate crew checking in.

That said the combo potential in injustice2 and damage scale is way more satisfying over MK11. It’s also more fast pace but very footsie oriented. Oh and it has 50:50s which I personally love but some hate that shit.

As to which is more fun because it seems you wouldn’t give AF about any of that, you’d probably like MK11 more because it does have an awesome story mode and a dlc story. Injustice 2’s story is bad by any means but MK11s blows it out of the water imo.
As a fighting game scrub, I'm the guy who always picks Ryu when playing Street Fighter 2 and spams Hadoukens. Not that long ago though, I did finally learn how to do some basic combos.

As a fighting game scrub, I'm the guy who always picks Ryu when playing Street Fighter 2 and spams Hadoukens. Not that long ago though, I did finally learn how to do some basic combos.

Oh you’ll love Dr. Fate then lmao. He has combos you’ll be able to learn but his bread and butter is spamming his projectile. The best part is you can end his combos by sending people full screen and their forced to work their way back in.

I'm looking into picking up I2 because I love the batman franchise but I suck at fighting games. Is there an easy mode that can slow things down a bit for an uncoordinated doofus like yours truly?

I played the first injustice. It felt almost exactly like the new mortal Kombat games to me. They’re all great games. If you’re choosing one, I’d just get the one who’s characters appeal to you more

Oh you’ll love Dr. Fate then lmao. He has combos you’ll be able to learn but his bread and butter is spamming his projectile. The best part is you can end his combos by sending people full screen and their forced to work their way back in.
From videos I've seen, Captain Cold looks pretty fun too.

Last edited:
I'm looking into picking up I2 because I love the batman franchise but I suck at fighting games. Is there an easy mode that can slow things down a bit for an uncoordinated doofus like yours truly?
No, but what they do have is the mother fucking lab. You can go to testyourmight a forum site and they got a injustice2 section and every character has their own section. Pretty much everything that can be found in game for combos and shit is already documented.

I will say this...
Well I personally think injustice 2 is more forgiving in inputs and timing. @Minnja do you agree? Lol fucking Kanos tick throw is beyond rage inducing

No, but what they do have is the mother fucking lab. You can go to testyourmight a forum site and they got a injustice2 section and every character has their own section. Pretty much everything that can be found in game for combos and shit is already documented.

I will say this...
Well I personally think injustice 2 is more forgiving in inputs and timing. @Minnja do you agree? Lol fucking Kanos tick throw is beyond rage inducing

I actually thought Injustice 2 felt a little stiffer when it comes to doing juggles. MK11 is the easiest out of all NRS games to combo. Command grabs are a bit different and imo are always pretty annoying to do in fighting games unless you are playing someone with a qcf or dp input command grab. Btw I never got super into Injustice 2 I pretty much just played the campaign and I played some online but not a ton and I wouldn't consider myself knowledgable about the competitive side of it too much.

What's your opinion of Mortal Kombat X?

Best fighting game ever made. I’m working now but I’ll make a detailed post
I second this opinion. As some who has played many different fighting games and gone to many tournaments no fighting game has gripped me like MKX.

I second this opinion. As some who has played many different fighting games and gone to many tournaments no fighting game has gripped me like MKX.
I keep seeing and reading criticisms from the FGC about Mortal Kombat 11. Tom Brady keeps making Youtube videos complaining about it. I dunno how much of that stuff applies to a casual like me, but I see that I can still get MK XL for only $20 and some people seem to prefer it over MK 11. MK 11 Ultimate right now is $50 and there are rumors of there being a 3rd fighter pack, so I don't see much point in getting that currently.

I keep seeing and reading criticisms from the FGC about Mortal Kombat 11. Tom Brady keeps making Youtube videos complaining about it. I dunno how much of that stuff applies to a casual like me, but I see that I can still get MK XL for only $20 and some people seem to prefer it over MK 11. MK 11 Ultimate right now is $50 and there are rumors of there being a 3rd fighter pack, so I don't see much point in getting that currently.
I thought KP3 was definitely in the works, iirc; whether it features Ash finally whatnot, I don't know. There are on/off great deals for 11's Ultimate bundle so I wouldn't snicker at picking that up if you want it. I'm sure KP3 will have its own perks for garb etc. in addition to chars that may or may not be worth your while. The advantage to picking up XL, on the other hand, is the game's complete, so you can in one swoop get your hands on everything from instalment X while 11 evolves still. I'd pick up an Ultimate bundle if I were you and get your feet wet for KP3 but do you, brother. If you go X, my advice is to run if you find yourself standing opposite a Xenomorph, lol.

MK11 was decent, but Injustice 2 was a blast and am looking forward to the next one.

Back