Intermittent Fasting to Deal with Gut inflammation.

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I absolutely recommend this. If you get gassy, ulcerative colitis, diarrhea like GSP was talking about.

Restrict your eating to certain times and give your guts time to heal.

A good way to start is only eat between the hours of noon and 6:00pm. Don’t stuff your face at odd times and right before bed.

Also you’ll lose weight and be more shredded if you work out. Less bloated and gross.

My wife starting intermittent fasting and is now having issues with gallstones. She never had that issue prior to IF.

How old are you and your wife? I thought that only happens to older people.

She is 33. I'm not doing IF. I know a few people that do it and like it. My brother has colitis but he actually has good luck with keto. Just giving a heads up as she hasn't ever had gallstone issues in her life before this. She's about 2 1/2 weeks in.

She is 33. I'm not doing IF. I know a few people that do it and like it. My brother has colitis but he actually has good luck with keto. Just giving a heads up as she hasn't ever had gallstone issues in her life before this. She's about 2 1/2 weeks in.

Sudden weight loss can trigger gallstones, so if IF has made her lose quite a bit of weight quickly this can be the reason, otherwise it could be a lack of melatonin, folate, magnesium, calcium, and/or vitamin C.

Other typical factors that trigger gallstones are not enough calories in a day / not enough meals.

Based on that it doesn't seem too strange that your wife started having gallstones issues while doing IF, she needs to make sure she's getting enough calories and nutrients/vitamins + hydrate properly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallstone

My wife starting intermittent fasting and is now having issues with gallstones. She never had that issue prior to IF.

They take like 2 yrs to develop, what was the time between your wife's IF and gall stone symptoms?

I've been doing IF for around a year now, and it works for me.

I started to try deal with some gut issues (often queasy, big highs n lows in terms of energy, general stomach discomfort), and IF has really helped me.

I haven't fasted this past week because I'm on antibiotics, and it sucks. It's partly just the antibiotics, but I've really noticed the effect on my stomach of having to eat for a longer period of the day. Somewhat strangely, I've also been feeling much hungrier, despite the fact I'm eating more often throughout the day.

They take like 2 yrs to develop, what was the time between your wife's IF and gall stone symptoms?

It was quickly, and now she thinks it might not be gall stones. She has an appt with the doc this week.

If you have gut inflammation, an easy thing to try is cutting out wheat, barley and rye. Many people react to amylase trypsin inhibitors that are a self-defense mechanism for several grains .

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3526354/

This , intermittent fasting is just a new fad , its not optimal for strength training imo.

results can be achieved with it , but they aren't optimal results. We intermittently fast every night when we sleep , this is enough .

It was quickly, and now she thinks it might not be gall stones. She has an appt with the doc this week.

An ultrasound can easily detect gall stones. they'll quickly see them or rule it out.

This , intermittent fasting is just a new fad , its not optimal for strength training imo.

results can be achieved with it , but they aren't optimal results. We intermittently fast every night when we sleep , this is enough .
I agree that IF/TRF are fads, but nevertheless as a dietary protocol fasting is well-documented to produce all sorts of excellent outcomes (weight management, blood pressure, insulin sensitivity). Recent studies show that strength training with IF is largely uncompromised with respect to strength gains, and fat loss is greater (Moro 2016).

I’m trying IF as part of my summer cut. I’m doing like 15-16 hour fast. I’m definitely going to lose weight because I’m definitely not getting all of my calories in that window. Not sure if I’ll actually get leaner, but I’m trying it for a month.

I´m re starting IF again. Eating at 12:00 and around 17:30 or 19:30 (depending on the day of the week).

Never felt better than when I did IF. Work and training schedule changed me and I got a freaking ulcer last week (I dont smoke, dont drink, dont take meds, not stressed enough).

I´m back on that starting today. Only thing that worries me is that 3 times at week I train at 20:30hs and I would be eating at 12:00 and 17:30. IDK if those 3 hours are going to be enough to digest.

And yes.. I´m aware that training fasted is the best choice but is impossible for me to eat past 22hs when I have to wake up at 6AM.

I take a daily probiotic, and a digestive enzyme with every meal. I'm good.

I’m trying IF as part of my summer cut. I’m doing like 15-16 hour fast. I’m definitely going to lose weight because I’m definitely not getting all of my calories in that window. Not sure if I’ll actually get leaner, but I’m trying it for a month.

Same here.

Been doing it for two weeks now.

I can definitely tell a difference.

Back