International/Olympic wrestling discussion.

Wow did Dake shit the bed or what? In other words gable smashed Akgul! I like Sidakov, but am now team Chamizo. The dude is always exciting. Plus, I can’t wait for Grappler111’s not so humble victory brag, lol!

Ah ah

David Taylor!!! Well done.

Glad that us and Russia each got 1 gold 1 bronze today, everyone closed out their matches.

It is practically impossible to find videos of the matches, awful coverage. Unitedworldwrestling insta doesn't even have highlights, just the results. Great way to promote the sports fucktards

IOC keeps Olympic footage under tight control, so they can't post the matches or even highlights (like that sprinter who got banned from insta the other day for posting a clip of her winning) until years later when no-one cares anymore.

Olympics not yet fully embracing the digital age

IOC keeps Olympic footage under tight control, so they can't post the matches or even highlights (like that sprinter who got banned from insta the other day for posting a clip of her winning) until years later when no-one cares anymore.

Olympics not yet fully embracing the digital age
Incredible how hard they try to be dumb.

It is practically impossible to find videos of the matches, awful coverage. Unitedworldwrestling insta doesn't even have highlights, just the results. Great way to promote the sports fucktards
Wrestling is especially bad with that. Nick Simmons-Henry Cejudo in the trials was touted to be one of the greatest matches of all-time and only recently did footage of it surface. Wrestling is horrible when it comes to promoting itself.

Wrestling is especially bad with that. Nick Simmons-Henry Cejudo in the trials was touted to be one of the greatest matches of all-time and only recently did footage of it surface. Wrestling is horrible when it comes to promoting itself.
Really frustrating. No tape of the best wrestlers in world in action. Would be great to study or show to athletes trying to pick up a technique.

What I can't wrap my head around is what they gain from that. I'm not the smartest man alive and with 1 minute I came up with the idea of partnering with the UFC to promote since mma is quite welcoming to wrestling.

Imagine Olympic wrestling on the UFC YouTube channel.

UWW has made regional and world championships in all age brackets viewable via web and quickly reviewable after the event on youtube for years now (I think since the 2014 worlds - you can still view all of that on youtube) so that has also changed far, far for the better.

however some parties have been getting in on the distribution rights for certain areas in recent years so those also get withheld for about a year (this was the case in the USA due to flowrestling buying the rights for world events in the USA) - still fine for me (since noone is gonna buy the exclusive distribution rights for the UK!) however it's now happening in several other big countries too and I notice some events are not being made accessible yet (like the cadet worlds a few weeks ago - the matches have all been uploaded to youtube, but they're 'unlisted' so you can only find them by sneaking) - not sure if it's some pandemic shenanigans or copyrights slowing down the upload of matches, but things have gone a little backwards in that regard in the last year or so - a shame because it's so much better for the sport if everyone can view the matches as soon as possible.

Gable is a very strong wrestler. The best heavyweight. Tomorrow the gold medal...

Thoughts so far.
- disappointed but not shocked by Dakes performance.

- after going 0-5 in Greco weights US is tied for total golds and medals. Probably will settle in 2nd.

-Winchester and Hildebrandt really hurt USAW from having a chance.

- Gilman looked excellent. Was worried about the reports of injury.

- the US Greco team should adopt the Italian strategy

Thoughts so far.
- disappointed but not shocked by Dakes performance.

- after going 0-5 in Greco weights US is tied for total golds and medals. Probably will settle in 2nd.

-Winchester and Hildebrandt really hurt USAW from having a chance.

- Gilman looked excellent. Was worried about the reports of injury.

- the US Greco team should adopt the Italian strategy

The Italian strategy has a big hole. You have one top athlete and with a failure (like today) you have destroyed 4 years of work and resources. I think that the right way is the development of young wrestlers but this is not easy in Italy.

The Italian strategy has a big hole. You have one top athlete and with a failure (like today) you have destroyed 4 years of work and resources. I think that the right way is the development of young wrestlers but this is not easy in Italy.
With the state of US Greco it would be a massive improvement

Back