News Invicta contender Sarah Patterson passes away aged just 36 years old

My heart goes out to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Rest in peace and my condolences to her family and friends.
:(

That's a damn shame, to know that someone's life (and fighting career) has ended so abruptly. May she rest in peace.

The hell? My condolences to her loved ones.

Rest In Peace. My condolences to the family.

Tragic. I was assuming it was a fight/gym related injury, but it doesn't say.
My mind jumped to that because when I was training about 11 years ago, a girl at my gym did a Muay Thai tournament and ate a headkick (the kind where your head bounces *hard* upon falling down). She was OK for a few hours, but went to the hospital because she wasn't getting better/"un-dizzy". Her brain swelled, she went into a coma, and died over the weekend. It was awful, and that always comes to mind whenever I hear about a young (ish) fighter dying.
That's really scary and a reality check for a lot of inspiring fighters to know the consequence of just one serious head kick that can end everything.

That's really scary and a reality check for a lot of inspiring fighters to know the consequence of just one serious head kick that can end everything.
Indeed. And maybe the worst part/context (other than her death, obviously), was that the head coach of the gym was strongly against her competing, because she was relatively new and inexperienced. Her boyfriend, however, was the Muah Thai coach, and thougth it would be a good idea for her to do it. . . so it was a tragedy all around, life-altering/ending errors in judgement were made, and some bad luck was had. As you can imagine, the boyfriend/striking coach was miserable and hated himself for that. I moved a year or so later, and he still hadn't recovered.

Back