Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
I don't much about this series but I like Superhero animated shows so I hope it's
good and the animation doesn't look like crap.

This is an amazing series. If done right I would pretty much guarantee that everybody would dig this.

God I hope the animation is tight and not hot garbage.

Excited, but 8 episodes is like nothing for a comic book adaption.

My Hero Academia, but boring

At least that's the vibe i got by description... is already out?

tenor.gif

I know the comic is under the radar for a lot of people, but it's really, REALLY good. Like Superman if it was written to appeal to adults instead of 6 year olds. Believe me, an adult oriented animated version is a GREAT thing. The comic is very violent, ad would have been terrible as a Saturday morning cartoon. @sgt jumpy you hear about this?
Ohhhh fuck, let's go baby. Time to bring back the Invincible avatar.
My Hero Academia, but boring

At least that's the vibe i got by description... is already out?
Lol. You know nothing. Invincible is not only the greatest superhero comic book of all time, but it is definitely not aimed toward children. MHA is a shonen(and a good one, I like it), but Invincible is a book written for adults.

Ya'll talking about the Conquest fight, I'm over here waiting to see
Mark and Nolan duke it out after Omni-man murders the Guardians. When it's revealed in the comics that Omni-man is the first Big Bad, I almost shit my pants

Fist thing that came to mind. I don't see any american made cartoon series topping it's last episode.

Agreed. I'll give it a watch just to see but yea I don't see it topping My Hero.

Can we please give these comics properties to someone besides Rogen and Goldberg?

Ohhhh fuck, let's go baby. Time to bring back the Invincible avatar.

Lol. You know nothing. Invincible is not only the greatest superhero comic book of all time, but it is definitely not aimed toward children. MHA is a shonen(and a good one, I like it), but Invincible is a book written for adults.

Ya'll talking about the Conquest fight, I'm over here waiting to see
Mark and Nolan duke it out after Omni-man murders the Guardians. When it's revealed in the comics that Omni-man is the first Big Bad, I almost shit my pants
Interesting.

Any word on who's gonna do the animation? American companies love the pseudo-anime style of south korean studios -subdued colors and 12 fps. LOL!

Out of curiosity do you or any else think the Walking dead would've been good animated series?
Never read the comic or watched the show so I'd like to know your opinion.
Could have been incredible. TWD and invincible are among the best comics I've ever read. The TV show pales in comparison. Hopefully if this does well it could pave the way for an animated TWD show that's faithful to the comics

That's the first thing I thought of too. Might be the best fight scene I've ever seen in a comic.

Oh wow! I can't wait to see this. If it's even remotely close to Gon Vs. Hisoka in Hunter X Hunter, it should be stellar!

Animated , not so much . Zombie Gore Animated is meh to me . Especially if it was walking dead set the "Real" World where there aren't super powers or supernatural elements.

An animated show like Invincible "Should" be great because the animated characters can be unleashed.
If they kept it black and white like the comic, a TWD animated series could have a really striking visual style.

Oh wow! I can't wait to see this. If it's even remotely close to Gon Vs. Hisoka in Hunter X Hunter, it should be stellar!

Mark vs conquest is one of the few times I've been afraid for a comic book character. One look at Conquest and you just knew Mark wasn't near ready for that level of opponent and was going to get hurt, and hurt BAD.

Excited, but 8 episodes is like nothing for a comic book adaption.
Likely to be a test run, animation is expensive. If it takes off I imagine it'll get a longer season on renewal. We can keep our fingers crossed. There's enough material for years of episodes.

Interesting.

Any word on who's gonna do the animation? American companies love the pseudo-anime style of south korean studios -subdued colors and 12 fps. LOL!
No clue, first I heard of the project was today. If it's not Ryan Ottley or Corey Walker drawing then I'll FUCKING RIOT.

Child's play. Invincible versus Conquest is a fight between men, not a creepy pedo clown fighting a child. The HxH manga was way better than the anime, btw. Those fight scenes in the anime are wanna-be JoJo fights, they're just too corny. Invincible versus Conquest could be considered not a battle, but a War.
Spoiler images ahead, but not tooooo much.
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F239914%2FInvincible_Vol_1_63_001.jpg
invincibleconquest15.jpg
invincibleconquest20.jpg
2321983-inv2.jpg
And actually, any time Viltrumites fought during Invincible's run, you could expect the utmost brutality.
Mark vs conquest is one of the few times I've been afraid for a comic book character. One look at Conquest and you just knew Mark wasn't near ready for that level of opponent and was going to get hurt, and hurt BAD.
Probably the GOAT comic book fight, in the GOAT comic. Another one of my favorites is when Mark meet's Oliver for the first time, and the Viltrumites come to take away Nolan. Or Thragg versus Battle Beast. Gonna re-read all 25 volumes starting today, lol.

No clue, first I heard of the project was today. If it's not Ryan Ottley or Corey Walker drawing then I'll FUCKING RIOT.

Child's play. Invincible versus Conquest is a fight between men, not a creepy pedo clown fighting a child. The HxH manga was way better than the anime, btw. Those fight scenes in the anime are wanna-be JoJo fights, they're just too corny. Invincible versus Conquest could be considered not a battle, but a War.
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F239914%2FInvincible_Vol_1_63_001.jpg
invincibleconquest15.jpg
invincibleconquest20.jpg
2321983-inv2.jpg
And actually, any time Viltrumites fought during Invincible's run, you could expect the utmost brutality.

Probably the GOAT comic book fight, in the GOAT comic. Another one of my favorites is when Mark meet's Oliver for the first time, and the Viltrumites come to take away Nolan. Or Thragg versus Battle Beast. Gonna re-read all 25 volumes starting today, lol.

Good stuff.

Hisoka isn't some Pedo though. He just realizes Gon's potential to be one of the most powerful Nen users on the planet and he just wants to kill the very best. Anything else is just child's play to him.

Good stuff.

Hisoka isn't some Pedo though. He just realizes Gon's potential to be one of the most powerful Nen users on the planet and he just wants to kill the very best. Anything else is just child's play to him.
Hahaha, I know, I was just busting your balls a little. Just because Hisoka's character design is so anime and silly, even though the character himself is a serious badass in that universe. I enjoyed HxH a lot, the manga more so than the anime though.

Invincible does have a few corny/happy-go-lucky moments through-out it's run, especially across the 1st two volumes(12 issues or so). In the 3rd volume there is a HUGE event/reveal and from that point on(25 volumes, 144 issues)it's pretty much high-octane to the finish.

I really hope that the art direction for the show stays true to the comic. I truly love the color palette of Invincible, the repeated frames Kirkman will use for certain effects(comedic, dramatic), and the sort of cartoony art style Walker and Ottley used, juxtaposed over the extremely violent and bloody fights.

Hahaha, I know, I was just busting your balls a little. Just because Hisoka's character design is so anime and silly, even though the character himself is a serious badass in that universe. I enjoyed HxH a lot, the manga more so than the anime though.

Invincible does have a few corny/happy-go-lucky moments through-out it's run, especially across the 1st two volumes(12 issues or so). In the 3rd volume there is a HUGE event/reveal and from that point on(25 volumes, 144 issues)it's pretty much high-octane to the finish.

I really hope that the art direction for the show stays true to the comic. I truly love the color palette of Invincible, the repeated frames Kirkman will use for certain effects(comedic, dramatic), and the sort of cartoony art style Walker and Ottley used, juxtaposed over the extremely violent and bloody fights.

A LOT of moments in Invincible made my eyes water... :(

invincibleconquest15.jpg
invincibleconquest20.jpg
2321983-inv2.jpg

My favorite arc is probably when Levy comes back for revenge

Back