Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Update: January 22, 2021

First Clip from INVINCIBLE; Premieres on March 26, 2021 at Amazon Prime

In this extended first clip, Mark chats with his father about his developing powers. Coming only to Prime Video on March 26.

That's J.K. Simmons voice and this looks Promising and I hope they get to the point where he throws down with Conquest.

Totally unfamiliar with this, but I’m in.
Invincible vs Conquest is probably one of the best and bloodiest Comic book fights told to print especially one outside of DC and Marvel.

As a whole Invincible the character is likable . Super Powerful once he gets his powers but you youth and inexperience will make some his conflicts interesting, plus you have the added element of his Father being his World's greatest Hero , literally a Superman, now he has to learn from than and try to not fall behind.

Invincible vs Conquest is probably one of the best and bloodiest Comic book fights told to print especially one outside of DC and Marvel.

As a whole Invincible the character is likable . Super Powerful once he gets his powers but you youth and inexperience will make some his conflicts interesting, plus you have the added element of his Father being his World's greatest Hero , literally a Superman, now he has to learn from than and try to not fall behind.
I like Invincible, but I feel like it would be a bit less... I dunno.... catchy (?) somehow without the multiple Superman-type characters that look like Don Frye had a baby with Mike Haggar. It was an odd gimmick is all i'm saying.

Update: Octoer 8, 2020

First Teaser Trailer for Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE, Premiering on Amazon Prime in 2021

INVINCIBLE is an adult animated superhero series that revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson (Steven Yeun), who’s just like every other guy his age — except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems. From Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead. Coming to Prime Video in 2021.

Update: June 19, 2018

Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE Animated Series Receives Straight-to-Series Order from Amazon

MUZcKkB.png

Nearly a year after moving his overall deal from AMC to Amazon Studios, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has lined up his first new series under the pact and it's a familiar one.

Amazon Studios has handed out a straight-to-series order for an hourlong animated take on Invincible, based on Kirkman's recently concluded comic book of the same name.

Like the comic, the eight-episode "adult animated" Amazon series, from Kirkman and Cory Walker, revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his 17th birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. The series is suspenseful, action-filled and emotion-packed, yet builds upon poignant and heartwarming moments of love, friendship and humanity.

The series is produced by Kirkman's Skybound, with Simon Racioppa (Teen Titans) set as showrunner. Kirkman, Racioppa, David Alpert (The Walking Dead) and Catherine Winder (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are attached to executive produce. Justin and Chris Copeland (Ultimate Spider-Man) will serve as supervising directors.

First launched in 2003, the comic published by Kirkman's Image Comics imprint Skybound Entertainment wrapped its run in February after 144 issues. Kirkman and Walker created the title, with Ryan Ottley boarding with the eighth issue as its central artist.

Invincible was developed in April 2017 as a feature film, which sources say is still active. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are set to write, direct and produce the adaptation of the comic, with Kirkman on board via Skybound's first-look deal with Universal Pictures. Skybound topper Alpert and co-presidents of film and TV Bryan Furst and Sean Furst are attached to the feature and will return for the Amazon series.

Invincible is Kirkman's first series under his overall deal with Amazon Studios. The pact reunited him with genre topper Yguado, who helped turn The Walking Dead series into a global phenomenon when the series launched day-and-date across the globe.

The Invincible order gives Kirkman his fourth scripted series on the air, joining AMC's The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead as well as Cinemax's exorcism drama Outcast. All of them are based on Kirkman's Skybound comics.

For its part, Amazon checks off three boxes with Invincible in that the series is a genre play, animated and a YA-themed entry. Genre and YA are both top priorities for new Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke. The series comes as animation continues to be a top priority for streamers.

'Walking Dead' Creator Sets First Amazon Series: Animated Comic Book Drama 'Invincible'

I’ve never heard of this. I will give it a read ASAP.

*hands cough drops.

Read it. It took a while, as there is a lot of it. It's really good but the last act went a bit too fast IMO (daughter growing up, war, etc).
Also, I kind of got the feeling there were too many threats, monsters and aliens attacking the earth on a daily basis. The characters even talk about this later on and say that it's not that often but it sure feels so. Just my take.

Allen the Alien is my favorite character,
until he gets OPed.

Still unsure how they will transfer the violence, gore and sex to the series. But I will watch it definitely. Thx for the recommendation.

*hands cough drops.

Read it. It took a while, as there is a lot of it. It's really good but the last act went a bit too fast IMO (daughter growing up, war, etc).
Also, I kind of got the feeling there were too many threats, monsters and aliens attacking the earth on a daily basis. The characters even talk about this later on and say that it's not that often but it sure feels so. Just my take.

Allen the Alien is my favorite character,
until he gets OPed.

Still unsure how they will transfer the violence, gore and sex to the series. But I will watch it definitely. Thx for the recommendation.
Yeah I always wanted more every day villain of the week stuff. But it almost feels like nitpicking because what is there is SO good, you want even more. There's really not a superman arc out there that has shit on Invincible. It's really that good.

not a fan of the animation style but whatevs

First three episodes are out. The story is slightly different from the comic books.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode. I'm happy they're doing the
ultra violence
from the comic.

Back