Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
@Dragonlordxxxxx

You may want to consider adding a Spoiler warning to the thread title. Posters are openly discussing the last few episodes and members that haven't watched the show won't know this thread goes into detail about everything.

It just seems kinda odd how he didn't even know if his son would get powers (supposedly), and when he does THAT'S the moment he's like 'I must kill every member of the Guardians.'

I think that makes sense, kill the guardians and create an opening for his son to take on their workload making earth more dependent on them.
Not even when his son is fully trained and he could have planted the seeds of indoctrination into his son over the course of YEARS and it would have had a much higher chance of success than... his son watching him murder the Immortal, and having 'the talk' while being covered in blood, and giving the ultimatum of joining him or beating him to death.

For being THOUSANDS of years old both his planning and reasoning skills are VERY flawed.

"Your mother, in the grand scheme of things she's nothing. To me she's like a pet."

Oh sure, THAT was supposed to convince your own son. Brilliant.

After 20 years on Earth he should have at least learned our ways of communication and reasoning in cases its a more viable means of achieving a goal when brute force isn't an option.

I think some of this is more just the product of the writing favouring drama over logic but you could argue his nature makes him a poor judge of character? to his mind of course his son would see he's right, why wouldnt he be taken in by the sense of superiority his powers bring? thats so deeply ingrained in his own society.
And he could have done that single-handedly by just killing all the superheroes, a few world leaders, and declaring himself the conqueror of Earth.

Anyway, I'm going to keep in mind most of this will be explained in Season 2 & 3, and flaws in Omni-Man's planning and logic is just because he's of a race that massacred half its population so the most brutal would rule... so they don't exactly plan things out.

If he did that though he's be viewed as a brutal despot, probably face uprisings that would damage earths value as a colony plus arguably simply his own races ego? instead take earth to the point where it asks him to rule and accepts being part of the empire peacefully.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

You may want to consider adding a Spoiler warning to the thread title. Posters are openly discussing the last few episodes and members that haven't watched the show won't know this thread goes into detail about everything.

Are we still going that? I tend to assume a couple of weeks after first release people will be ok with spoilers, that was how the Marvel series threads went.

Kept well out of this thread until I got around to watching it at the weekend, that just seems like common sense.

Last edited:
Update: Octoer 8, 2020

Bloody Trailer for Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE, Premiering March 26, 2021 [Updated]

INVINCIBLE is an adult animated superhero series that revolves around 17-year-old Mark Grayson (Steven Yeun), who’s just like every other guy his age — except his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet, Omni-Man (J.K. Simmons). But as Mark develops powers of his own, he discovers his father’s legacy may not be as heroic as it seems. From Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead. Coming to Prime Video in March 26, 2021.

Update: June 19, 2018

Robert Kirkman's INVINCIBLE Animated Series Receives Straight-to-Series Order from Amazon

MUZcKkB.png

Nearly a year after moving his overall deal from AMC to Amazon Studios, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has lined up his first new series under the pact and it's a familiar one.

Amazon Studios has handed out a straight-to-series order for an hourlong animated take on Invincible, based on Kirkman's recently concluded comic book of the same name.

Like the comic, the eight-episode "adult animated" Amazon series, from Kirkman and Cory Walker, revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his 17th birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage. The series is suspenseful, action-filled and emotion-packed, yet builds upon poignant and heartwarming moments of love, friendship and humanity.

The series is produced by Kirkman's Skybound, with Simon Racioppa (Teen Titans) set as showrunner. Kirkman, Racioppa, David Alpert (The Walking Dead) and Catherine Winder (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are attached to executive produce. Justin and Chris Copeland (Ultimate Spider-Man) will serve as supervising directors.

First launched in 2003, the comic published by Kirkman's Image Comics imprint Skybound Entertainment wrapped its run in February after 144 issues. Kirkman and Walker created the title, with Ryan Ottley boarding with the eighth issue as its central artist.

Invincible was developed in April 2017 as a feature film, which sources say is still active. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are set to write, direct and produce the adaptation of the comic, with Kirkman on board via Skybound's first-look deal with Universal Pictures. Skybound topper Alpert and co-presidents of film and TV Bryan Furst and Sean Furst are attached to the feature and will return for the Amazon series.

Invincible is Kirkman's first series under his overall deal with Amazon Studios. The pact reunited him with genre topper Yguado, who helped turn The Walking Dead series into a global phenomenon when the series launched day-and-date across the globe.

The Invincible order gives Kirkman his fourth scripted series on the air, joining AMC's The Walking Dead and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead as well as Cinemax's exorcism drama Outcast. All of them are based on Kirkman's Skybound comics.

For its part, Amazon checks off three boxes with Invincible in that the series is a genre play, animated and a YA-themed entry. Genre and YA are both top priorities for new Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke. The series comes as animation continues to be a top priority for streamers.

'Walking Dead' Creator Sets First Amazon Series: Animated Comic Book Drama 'Invincible'

That was really good. Thanks for the recommendation dude.

I think that makes sense, kill the guardians and create an opening for his son to take on their workload making earth more dependent on them.

Sort of. It still would have been better if he had waited for Mark to be fully trained.

And his actual plan for killing the Guardians was wack. Yeah, it succeeded, but its amazing no one figured it out much much sooner because no one could answer the question of WHO could have done that to the Guardians AND Omni-Man?

And his story of 'The lights went black' was obviously bullshit which made him the focus of the investigation in the first place, as if the rest of the Guardians couldn't have found a source of light?

Are we still going that? I tend to assume a couple of weeks after first release people will be ok with spoilers, that was how the Marvel series threads went.

Kept well out of this thread until I got around to watching it at the weekend, that just seems like common sense.

Alot of people haven't heard of Invincible and have no idea if its just been announced, about to come out, just came out, or has been out for months.

I have noticed this thread has been consistently on the 1st page of Mayberry the last few days, so I wouldn't want anything to be spoiled for anyone as it wasn't spoiled for me, and I'd hate to hear that my posts spoiled it for anyone.

Its a 10/10 show for me and one of the reasons is because I went into it completely blind not even watching a trailer for it.

Sort of. It still would have been better if he had waited for Mark to be fully trained.

And his actual plan for killing the Guardians was wack. Yeah, it succeeded, but its amazing no one figured it out much much sooner because no one could answer the question of WHO could have done that to the Guardians AND Omni-Man?

That was one of the missteps the TV series did. In the comics, every guardian is killed extremely fast with only the Immortal seeing the attacker at the end. Omni-Man isn't even touched.

I have a question for those who's read the comics, and I don't want it to be answered here with anything other than 'Its left ambiguous' or 'yes, its answered, and it'll be in season 2 or 3.'

So Omni-Man is basically all powerful with very few weaknesses. So he was sent to Earth to 'weaken our defenses' to prepare for an invasion, right?

So... why does he act as a double-agent for 20 years? Why defend Earth from monsters? Why aid the Guardians Of The Globe? And what exactly was the event that make him decide that he must kill all of the Guardians?

Was it Mark getting his powers?

And Omni-Man's race must be billions in number, why is the 'Weaken Earth's defenses' mission even neccessary? It's be BILLIONS of Omni-Mans against a very few of Earth's Super Heroes. They'd be completely overwhelmed by just Omni-Man, much less billions of them.

you’ll find out. They address this.

That was one of the missteps the TV series did. In the comics, every guardian is killed extremely fast with only the Immortal seeing the attacker at the end. Omni-Man isn't even touched.
On one hand I like that more because it really shows how strong omni man is. On the other hand I really liked watching this fight.

i showed invincible to my girlfriend who had never even heard of the show/comic and told her it was like JL:TAS. good times

I just noticed something, but I'm sure others have noticed it as well.

'Evil' Superman has become a trend.

*Injustice series comics/fighting games
*The Boys comics/TV series.
*Invincible comics/TV series.

Even in the Justice League movie (and Snyder Cut) there's a scene when Superman is resurrected he beats the hell out of the rest of the Justice League.

Last edited:
always thought "evil" superman was what drew people to comics/storylines of those nature anyways

Even in the Justice League movie (and Snyder Cut) there's a scene when Superman is resurrected he beats the hell out of the rest of the Justice League.

Also the Brightburn movie.

I'm guessing this is probably why they could get funding for an adaptation now, the comic seems like it was one of the earlier version of "evil superman" but it has definitely become a bit of a trend in recent years.

Again though I do think its a little different to the other things we've seen, in the Boys or Brightburn its obvious there watching a non heroic setting right from the start. Invincible though commits much more to a typical setting which does mean it can play off of it far more.

It comes across more as a takedown of superheros in general, the divide between the romatic fantasy and Omni-man being much more a reflection of the real world. Not read the comics so I'v no idea where its going to go from here but there does seem like potential for Frank Herbert style heroic deconstruction.

Maybe the greatest animated series I ever watched. Just finished it. Also love how they make it hour long episodes.....

Thought the show was great the first episode and the last two were amazing. Good to see image comics putting on a show of this quality.

Back