Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
No, half of an entire planet's population is still a giant number, and supposing they're all as powerful and brutal as Omni-Man the rest of the universe would stand no chance.

And if he was sent to Earth to weaken its defenses, he certainly was going a terrible job of that by destroying so many monsters over 2 decades.

It would have been a much smarter strategy for THOUSANDS of Omni-Man's race to invade a planet so that it didn't have a chance and instill one of their own to rule over it as a new part of their empire while the rest move onto the next planet.

It's said in that episode that they were stretched thin conquering so many worlds. Their numbers are small for the size of the Empire.

It's said in that episode that they were stretched thin conquering so many worlds. Their numbers are small for the size of the Empire.

The difference between destroying a world and ruling it as well, Omiman could do the same thing on earth he did to the Flaxans but a world of ashes wouldnt be worth much to the empire.

tenor.gif

This was WAY WAY WAY WAY better than I expected. Watched the whole season yesterday with the wife and kids, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I always love new take on the super hero genre, as this was definitely a cool take on said genre. Easy 9/10, maybe even closer to a 10. Good shit.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

This was WAY WAY WAY WAY better than I expected. Watched the whole season yesterday with the wife and kids, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I always love new take on the super hero genre, as this was definitely a cool take on said genre. Easy 9/10, maybe even closer to a 10. Good shit.

Bonus points for using Pitch Meeting Producer

Such a long lived advanced species would likely be very slow to reproduce, given their fascist tendencies, it was probably controlled by the state before they weeded out the weak.

Also, is it a running joke in the comics that 'Invincible' is his name, yet he constantly gets massacred in fights... barely survives... stays in the hospital for a week and he gets a full recovery? Does this happen every few issues because it happens twice within 3 episodes.
Speaking of the name, they joke around that Atom Eve can just go by Eve, like Mark fucked up in his choice. But Vince is a perfectly fine name to go by and is right in the middle of the word.

Maybe the greatest animated series I ever watched. Just finished it. Also love how they make it hour long episodes.....
{<doc}
I appreciate the story direction, fight choreography and the plot arc/paths it branches into but the dialogue is weak. Not sure why everyone puts it over The Boys or other whip-sharp written animated superhero series like batman beyond or Kaley Cuoco's harley quinn TV show

tenor.gif

Like glad to see this show doing well in the polls.

Ok, he's not necessarily wrong, but at least she provided a twist on the 'Wow, I had no idea my boyfriend was a superhero' cliche.

And I haven't read the comics, but I suspect she's going to get killed off at some point. Solidifying his loyalty to Earth against the invaders that kill her. But then again, that'd be a cliche.

So I guess I'm expecting the unexpected.

The biggest weakness of the show is definitely that Mark's school friends feel like a bit of an attempt to pander to "representation" without really knowing/caring much. Amber is a bit of a cliched woke charter, she must work in the community, she must take social studies at uni, etc and these things alone are sposed to make us care about her.

I mean WIlliam as well feels like a bit of a cack handed attempt at the same thing to me whilst ultimately being a pretty cliched "gay best friend", obnoxiously camp and obsessed with sex, wouldnt feel out of place in Will and Grace although he us ultimately more likeble than Amber.

So. I just watched Invincible. Binged it in under a week

I'd seen it around. Seen the trailers. Saw the memes. Never looked interesting to me. Looked like just another cliches superhero thing

Don't even know why I decided to flip it on while doing some house cleaning. But then the ending of episode 1 hit. And yeah. I was hooked

Great season, aside from the Amber stuff. Loses half a point for that, and half a point because I wish the ending was a little more ambiguous and not quite as pure evil as it seemed. Left questions of "why even bother saving the earth and people in the past then?"

But yeah. Gonna read back through this thread now and see sherdogger's thoughts. This is comic spoiler free right? I want to avoid future season spoilers.

Pretty good show. Sooo over the top SJW woke stuff though. Knocks it down a few points for me

So between a combination of hearing "Adam Eve" not Atom Eve and the X through the female symbol, I spent at least 3 episodes thinking Eve was going to be revealed as a tranny and I am STILL CONVINCED they draw her crotch differently than the other female characters

There's a bulge there

I binge watched all 8 episodes in a couple of days. My buddy had been bugging me forever to watch it. The first episode was the only one that was slow......until the final 5 minutes. Then it was HOLY FUCK!!!!! I knew the basic story before hand, and I knew Omni-Man wasn't who he was pretending to be, but I didn't expect that (and so early in the season). After episode 1, it ramped up quickly and I couldn't stop watching it. Solid 10/10. A live action adaptation of this would be bonkers.

Back