Iron Maiden snubbed by RnR HOF, Jay Z gets in.

KawhiDoh

I Am The Wind That Shapes The Land
@purple
Reaction score
I'm not even pissed off at this point. It's pointless.

They just need to change the name to the Music Hall of Fame and be done with it. It's got nothing to do with Rock Music anymore... or did it ever?

https://www.vulture.com/2021/05/2021-rock-hall-of-fame-inductees-snubs-surprises.html

It's only been around since 1986 anyway. That's 4 years before I was born ffs. Why do we care about this farce of a Hall of Fame? <45><45><45>

Eh just celebrities giving each other high fives. Nothing rock about j-zizzle

no one really does take it seriously though.
Iron Maiden and the like will be saved for a future headliner for the stupid show...thats legit all it is for. In no world does Foo Fighters deserve it over Iron Maiden, but Foo Fighters will get some people to tune in and watch

Iron Maiden still puts out good albums and they still put on great concerts where the arenas are filled. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is stupid

I don't really care and nobody else would either, if they would just change the name of the awards. It's clearly an all encompassing "Music" HOF. This is like inducting Wayne Gretzky to the Baseball HOF.

Just change the name, so people will stop complaining.

Maiden would have won the fan vote easily if they had given their fans the slightest encouragement. But Steve Harris and Bruce Dickinson both have been fairly open in their disdain for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Remember, Maiden has always no-showed the Grammy Awards as well. It's too bad for their original guitarist Dennis Wilcox though; he was really honored to possibly get into the Hall.

They're arguably the greatest metal band of all-time though, so clearly, they belong in there.

Last edited:
That’s ridiculous. Everything about Maiden warrants them being inducted. Songs.. Shows.. Influence.. Longevity.. It’s all there!
No doubt. But hey, they probably wouldn't have shown up anyway. Wilcox was unabashedly flattered by the nomination, but Harris and Dickinson are openly disdainful of the HOF and the fact that Blaze Bayley wasn't included in the induction would probably have made other members even less enthusiastic than they already were. Given that they've never bothered to attend the Grammies when they've been nominated or even addressed the fact that they've won one, I sort of doubt this would have been different, even for the other members who haven't been on record dismissing the HOF.

Rock sounds nothing like Rock n Roll anymore so not sure why it matters. It's a catch-all genre.

Next up for the hall: Ahh shit, I can't think of anything dumber than Ice Cube and Jay Z

Delete post

I am a huge fan of Hip Hop and there are more deserving rappers that should have been inducted before Jay Z. Iron Maiden should have been inducted in their first year of eligibility but I knew that wouldn't happen and I say that because it took all the way until 2006 for Black Sabbath to be inducted and they gave birth to the genre of Heavy Metal. There are a lot of bands that should be in the hall of fame: Motörhead, Judas Priest, New York Dolls, The Pixies, Joy Division/New Order, Warren Zevon, Brian Eno, Sonic Youth, Soundgarden, Kraftwerk, The Smiths, John Coltrane, and Tina Turner (She was inducted alongside her late ex-husband Ike Turner) just to name a few. I could go on for days with a list of solo artist and bands that should have been inducted.

I'm not even pissed off at this point. It's pointless.

They just need to change the name to the Music Hall of Fame and be done with it. It's got nothing to do with Rock Music anymore... or did it ever?

https://www.vulture.com/2021/05/2021-rock-hall-of-fame-inductees-snubs-surprises.html

It's only been around since 1986 anyway. That's 4 years before I was born ffs. Why do we care about this farce of a Hall of Fame? <45><45><45>

Idk how it works overall but that HOF is a joke. Based purely on the actual, formal definition of the genre, it's full of artists who do not belong. The fact that Iron Maiden are not in by now, or Judas Priest, is a total joke

I'd be more outraged if I took the RnR HoF seriously at all.

“I actually think the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is an utter and complete load of bollocks, to be honest with you. It’s run by a bunch of sanctimonious bloody Americans who wouldn’t know rock ’n’ roll if it hit them in the face. They need to stop taking Prozac and start drinking fucking beer.”

Bruce Dickinson.

That was from about 7 years ago

Back