Is Billy Corgan the worst lead singer of all time?

Bob Dylan could sing just fine. Being a good singer and having a good singing voice are two different things. He just didn't have a conventionally good voice. Corgan is definitely a pretty bad singer for a successful front man. Again, speaking only on singing ability -- control, staying in key, hitting the right notes, etc. I'll submit Roger Waters. Great songwriter, but a very poor singer.

Not a huge SP fan but how can you seriously take a band that has had such huge success and proclaim they have the worse singer of all time. It's bloody ludicrous man.

He was an awful singer for every other band BUT Smashing Pumpkins. But that band, with that sound? He's amazing and you would have to be a fool to deny it.

Sure, there are some singer that could cross bands and genres with ease that are FAR better. Freddy Mercury, for example, could have headlined any of a dozen or so bands with his range. Danny Filth (god I cant believe I am admitting this) has an AMAZING singing voice when he isnt doing his bullshit black death suicide goth gayness sound. Theres probably a dozen or so others, bit I'm drunk so fuck off. (Oh shit, Corey Taylor)

But then there are one-sound singers that can only make it work with their ONE band. Look at Fred Durst, he is an AWFUL singer overall. But god dammit, you put him with his band and his sound and he can blow the fucking roof off. Weird Al, he perfected his... thing and there isnt a major musician on the planet that doesnt respect him. I saw Neil Young mentioned earlier, and yah his overall vocal skill isnt that great. But fuck if he didn't write songs that took advantage of it and made his mark on the musical world.

In the end it's all about how you sound with your music, not without. Corgan sounds fucking amazing with Pumpkins, and that's all that matters.

I can't say Corgan is the worst cause Cherub Rock makes up for his all his shit songs and shit personality.
I want to say Bruce Springsteen is the worst, but Glory Days makes up for HIS shit

Worst ratio of absolute shit we have to deal with vs quality music output? ....Amy Lee from Evanescence.
LOL at Amy Lee. I could care less about Evanescence but there is no denying talent. How the hell can you say she has a bad voice?

LOL at Amy Lee. I could care less about Evanescence but there is no denying talent. How the hell can you say she has a bad voice?

with confidence.

I think we should stop arguing and agree that this is the absolute worst

Billy is doing great and he is more an author than a singer. You cant take that away from him

I couldn't get into their music and never understood their popularity. Musical equivalent of a glass of milk.

Dude's voice works great with his songs. Sometimes that's just how it is. Take this guy for example.

I enjoy him on Siamese and Melancholy...but live, and everything recorded after that is wack. To be clear, I even bought the Zwan and the "Christian" solo album...so I gave him every benefit the doubt. But he really is a parody of himself.

I think we should stop arguing and agree that this is the absolute worst

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever actually listened to this song, and it's one of the worst things my ears have ever had the displeasure of processing.

I really wish I had never pressed play.

I think the worst singer is that chick who did Friday Friday gonna get down on Friday....
I wonder if she's still alive
Yes, she is

4585F7B600000578-5001478-image-a-2_1508517055961.jpg

Back