Rumored IS Bo Nikal the first fighter of a new super gym??

Elite wrestlers exposed to MMA in college? Sounds like ideal circumstances to me.
That's been happening, really. Troy Lamson and Bobby Nash are two Michigan wrestlers I can think of that were training MMA while they were in college.

Can anybody hook me up with th Nikal contenders fight? I tried to watch it when it came out, but for some reason it wasn't the right ep.

OK I was confused about that. That's how that dude seems to refer to himself though. Odd.
They do have collegiate boxing, but it is a club sport. Eric Bradley was an NCAA boxing champion as well as an All-American wrestler.

EDIT--okay, it is something called the NCBA, not the NCAA.

Bo Nickal probably beats both Izzy and Pereira if they fought next month. No hyperbole, just fail to see how a guy that got repeatedly taken down by Jan and Vettori or Machailidis in Pereira would be able to keep up.

Styles make fights, he might not get past guys with great sprawl and brawl like Rob, either now or ever, but don't see him not beating those two.
I don’t know about that (the next month part). Obviously his grappling is good enough, but he could be miles and miles behind in the striking department. Izzy or Pereira might just be able to back peddle and piece him up. I do think that Bo will get to the point where he can beat them. It’s the rock-paper-scissors match up of great strikers beating sprawl and brawlers, sprawl and brawlers beating wrestlers, and wrestlers beating high level strikers

I actually almost fought Jason Nolf at Bo's amateur debut. He showed up to support Bo and decided he wanted to fight that night. I was there cornering someone and got offered it, said absolutely and went and got my stuff. By the time I got back in Mike Brown said he was there to concentrate on Bo and not Nolf so it never happened.

Back