Opinion Is China preparing for war?

Lol, the Chinese with no Air Force , no navy, no artillery and no missile forces , forced the US army to run back, slipping on their own shit, from the Yalu river to the 39th parallel.
The US army is number one in the world but don’t be so dismissive of other forces.
Fighting across your border is a force multiplier against a defending army 1000s miles from its own.
Now imagine that same Chinese army with its admittedly inferior (but not Iraqi levels), massive artillery support and extensive missile forces. Along with navy vessels intercepting routes etc against US forces, in their own backyard.

Frankly, I don’t see how the Americans could win. At least in the agreed upon flash points of North Korea, Taiwan and the South China Sea.

I think at best, they’ll try to exact a high price and an honourable defeat at the first instance so that the Chinese don’t overstep their bounds and go for all three.

Furthermore, I think one may be given up or semi given up to appeasement, one lost in armed conflict and the third will be let go by China for later, to lay back n lick it’s wounds enjoy it’s victory, build public opinion and lay grounds for the future. Let the West keep face, so to speak, for now.
China is extremely vulnerable. Importing foods for their massive population is an easy target for blockades and choke points instantly causing civil unrest (the CCP's worst fear). Not even to mention infrastructure targets such as the three gorges dam.

Bump from a year and a half ago?

Well, we got our answer. Australia became less free than China, vaccine passports are a thing, that it came from a lab is no longer a "debunked conspiracy theory", the democrats obviously pushed the "emergency" removal of election integrity to become permanent, and corn pop hombre, trotsky, hillel and about 12 other emotionally incontinent clowns I'd get responses from every couple of days to declare their intellectual superiority are all banned now for advocating genocide.

iu

Last edited:
China is extremely vulnerable. Importing foods for their massive population is an easy target for blockades and choke points instantly causing civil unrest (the CCP's worst fear). Not even to mention infrastructure targets such as the three gorges dam.

lol what rot are you talking ?!

There’s many a way for food imports for them. Their southern borders. Europe, which would never block food imports ffs. The CAR areas where they’ve significantly invested in rail and road networks.
Pakistan's harbours etc etc. You think the US is going to blockade 10 sovereign countries for some food imports of a localized war ???

And nobody’s attacking the 3 Gorges Dam, you idiot.

ppl really need to lay off the video game general role and think in terms of realism.

Last edited:
They've been preparing for over 20 years

They've been prepping for decades and war will be ignited over the Senkaku Islands.

Well, we got our answer. Australia became less free than China, vaccine passports are a thing, that it came from a lab is no longer a "debunked conspiracy theory", the democrats obviously pushed the "emergency" removal of election integrity to become permanent, and corn pop hombre, trotsky, hillel and about 12 other emotionally incontinent clowns I'd get responses from every couple of days to declare their intellectual superiority are all banned now for advocating genocide.

iu

I'm gonna bookmark this post and thread.
Remembrance for an idiot who himself lurches from dubs to more dubs on a near monthly basis.

Soon….soon….

<JonesLaugh>

iu
What the hell happened? It's like I missed a day and all the regulars are gone?

China became a net importer of food in the early 2000s. When you have over 1 billion people to feed, you don’t want to risk getting that tap turned off.
They’re trying to get past this hurdle though. They’re eating bats!

I didn't see anyone mention it but Milley having to warn his Chinese counter part that we are not going to war with them in response to some unspecified intelligence, suggests that indeed, China really thought we were preparing for war.

Which is an incredible misread on their part and makes you wonder how ideological and detached (see: ideological) they're becoming. We know that the Soviets at points genuinely believed that we were preparing to strike at a couple of points in history.

China is more afraid of war than the US.

Motherfucker understand… It’s what we do.

More like they are preparing for an annexation of Taiwan, and are banking on the west wanting peace in our time.

I was reading the other day that China appears to be having another Cultural Revolution. This time being led by their President for life Xi. The revolution is likely also to spread communism to other countries around the world. It hasn't surprised me to read mentions that China has been working to influence America's press and social media companies.

I wouldn't be surprised if they want to war with Taiwan. From what I remember working with Chinese, even moderate China's disliked Taiwan. They wanted to see the island nation returned to mainland rule. Seemed a bit odd to me at the time as these same Chinese didn't think to highly of their communist government.

Beveridge's law of headlines......no.

But they are prepairing to take Taiwan, and will succeed. The west isn't risking WW3 over Taiwan, that is the uncomfortable truth.

The world's largest consumer and the world's largest producer will not get into a hot war with each other. We need each other too much for that. The political grandstanding on both sides is electoral theater. We are the two most successful nations on the planet and neither of us want to mess that up. Being in 1st and 2nd place out of 195 is not something you risk destroying over bragging rights.

Governments are practical self-serving creatures; why risk absolute destruction on either side, destroy global stability and potentially kill billions when the stable route is the superior one for both parties. It makes no sense.

If anything, there may be proxy wars and covert snipes, but never an all-out war. Especially between two nuclear armed nations.

Beveridge's law of headlines......no.

But they are prepairing to take Taiwan, and will succeed. The west isn't risking WW3 over Taiwan, that is the uncomfortable truth.
Nor should we. There is a reason we dont keep an embassy there. Its because we dont officially recognize them as an independent nation.

I'd never heard of Beveridge's law of headlines. Thanks.

Back