Is Fighting High (weed) A Disadvantage

nebulousned

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just got into a fight and I was high. Can't remember all of it but I wonder if i was disadvantaged because i was high.

Thoughts?

As a young man I smoked a lot (basically high everyday).

You don't realise how much it slows you down until you no longer do it (or do so rarely). Yes you build up a tolerance and can handle it better than casual tokers but don't kid yourself it isn't deleterious in terms of cognitive ability/reflexes etc.

I haven't smoked in years, but I didn't even like ordering Pizza high, I sure as shit wouln't want to be fighting in that state.

this no drugs besides uppers would help you lol

fighting's hard enough as is why would you wana put yourself at a disadvantage and slow you down u have to be mentally focused which pot doesnt allow

I train slightly high everyday. When I do new stuff or go to new gyms I don’t go high for the first couple weeks or so though. Learning new things and being high don’t tend to mix in my experience. But once I’m comfortable in a routine being high tends to help me.

If I’m very baked then it definitely slows down everything, I get confused a lot easier too.

So are you gonna tell us the details? Sounds like you loss a street fight and are just making excuses lol

I think it will depend on the person. Weed doesn't suit me at all, may as well be in a coma.
But I could always skateboard much better when drunk, even when so drunk balance was wobbly.

Nearly every fight I have ever had I was high, except proper sanctioned fights, also done heaps of boxing sparring stoned, it definitely slows reflexes. Never lost a fight, drunk or stoned though...

Fighting isn't really good for anyone, unless your making a shit ton of money.

theres-no-such-thing-as-an-old-junkie-weed.jpg

Wow...! That was fucking deep man!

*Must read in weed voice"

Weed plus friends also smokin= advantage
Weed plus PlayStation = advantage
Weed plus music = advantage
Weed plus wine plus Sex = BEST

Weed plus fighting naaaaah, try to postpone it

Just got into a fight and I was high. Can't remember all of it but I wonder if i was disadvantaged because i was high.

Thoughts?

i got into plenty of what sherdog calls "real fights" aka street fights when I was a youngster, both high and drunk...........smoking anything damages the lungs, in order to fight competitively you need your lungs in tip top shape. I would smoke after my fights.....i think if you use an edible or smoke for the mind effects it can be good. but it damages your stamina, so if you do smoke, do it in short doses.

I train slightly high everyday. When I do new stuff or go to new gyms I don’t go high for the first couple weeks or so though. Learning new things and being high don’t tend to mix in my experience. But once I’m comfortable in a routine being high tends to help me.

If I’m very baked then it definitely slows down everything, I get confused a lot easier too.

So are you gonna tell us the details? Sounds like you loss a street fight and are just making excuses lol
well i won lol, but ive trained a bit of muay thai and wrestling before and he hasn't at all. also im 20lbs heavier and 5 inches taller. so not really much of an accomplishment

i got into an argument and the guy said he wanted to fight. i said sure. he then came up and punched me in the face as i was getting up (i was sitting down) i didn't really expect it lol

i ate it and got double underhooks (i think lol) and ended up in full mount and punched him once in the face and he apologised.

i just remember being amazed that he actually punched me in the face and i didn't react to it at all lol. i was just so slow, i was kind of amazed i was so slow really, so i made this thread

Thoughts?
You can't remember a fight you were in? That's not weed you're smoking my friend. That's something a lot stronger. :D

Back