International Is Finland About to Make Christianity Illegal? Christian Lawmaker Facing Fines and Prison

They already have. You're acting like modern society is somehow enlightened now that it's free from th bonds of religion
Look at twitter for instance

Funny enough, I'd say at least half the philosophers who specialize in metaethics are moral anti-realists (and virtually all of them are atheist/agnostic). It'd be prudent for the 'enlightened' leftists to tread carefully in their efforts to delegitimize religion. They want people to think racism, "transphobia", the gender gap, etc are unjust -- but deligitimize religion enough and the vanguard of normativity might get occupied by anti-realists. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Yep that's exactly why. Having a moral code that has a foundation is so dumb.
We're one generation without religion and we already have some awful people coming out of this moral vacuum.

Are you trolling or just dense?

Funny enough, I'd say at least half the philosophers who specialize in metaethics are moral anti-realists (and virtually all of them are atheist/agnostic). It'd be prudent for the 'enlightened' leftists to tread carefully in their efforts to delegitimize religion. They want people to think racism, "transphobia", the gender gap, etc are unjust -- but deligitimize religion enough and the vanguard of normativity might get occupied by anti-realists. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
I agree. There are bad things that we had in society. Be it small town rumors or possessive parents. Thing is we threw all the good out with the bad and have been left with little. Hence bowling alone before the rise or social media. Now it's magnified. Which explains why young people are the most miserable in decades

It would be a start , the west would do well to ban all of the desert death cults .

Couple of clown "progressive" cops (with no real police training, just the right ideology) are going after everybody for hate speech nowadays, after the formation of "anti-hate speech" cyber police at the behest of a media-induced mass hysteria, about far-right violence that has never occurred. The guy responsible for a lot of this is actually well-known for trolling people on Twitter under alt accounts. He's constantly stirring shit up and encouraging people to file police reports for minor insults/wrong-think. He even filed a police report himself against a politician who called him a spineless wimp.

Guy's a joke and can't be gone soon enough, for trampling all over the idea of free speech. Unfortunately it's probably not going to happen during this ill-advised left-wing government, which benefits greatly from having a few "reds" in positions of prominence (like in the good old "Red Valpo" days, when Commies infiltrated and controlled the police force).

Fortunately the only power he possesses is the ability to hand out fines, if this was the old times, we would see USSR-level shit at the hands of these idiots, in the name of diversity, tolerance and whatever bullshit they preach, to justify their delusional power-trips.

I like how we kicked one idiot out of position of power and got even worse in his place lol, watch them win next election

Also i think hs is censoring their news comments on fb because there were only positive ones in comments about immigrants being taken in.

And if they are not, then this country deserves to go to shit lol

Nobody said ban religion. Just no bringing your kids with you. Wait until 18 then let them decide if they believe in fairy tales. Is that unfair? I could make my kids believe literally anything if I told them it was true once every night and then sat them down for an hour every sunday and read a book saying that same thing was true. Its absolutely terrible

We shouldnt teach them any of our beliefs or values until they are the magical age of 18.

Sounds like what happened to the rugby superstar Israel Folou, a while back. He was sacked by Rugby Australia and was unable to earn a living because he basically cut and pasted something from the bible about gays.

I'm an atheist but i was on his side. He should be allowed to do what he did without bad things happening to him. If he is a Christian he has to believe what god says about gays or he would be a hypocrite. I'm sure there would not of been a fuss if he were a muslim rugby player.

Says a lot about someone if the only reason they're a good person is because their imaginary friend threatened them.

Would you say that everything should be made legal? Or does it maybe say a lot about people that every collective of us is governed by laws?

People are assholes. The atheist argument that "you're not really moral if you only do good things cos you're scared of going to hell" is weak.
Is a society moral because it believes in the importance of moral behaviour, or because it behaves morally?

Who defines what is moral?

8jo2h1A.jpg

MP Räsänen is under investigation because she posted a Bible verse

HELSINKI – Almost 70 percent of Finns are still members of the national Lutheran church. But that doesn't mean they're believers. Less than a third of Finns now say they believe in God. This historically Christian nation has not only left the faith but has begun criminal investigations of Christians.

But this is still a nation with a constitution that still tells the national church to "proclaim a Bible-based Christian faith." So, why is Finland investigating a member of parliament for 'proclaiming her Bible-based Christian faith'?

MP Under Investigation for "Defaming or Insulting" Homosexuals

Päivi Räsänen is under two investigations for allegedly defaming or insulting homosexuals. The first after she shared a Bible verse on Twitter last year aimed at Finland's Lutheran church for promoting the homosexual lifestyle.

Räsänen told us, "In my tweet, I directly cited Romans first chapter and verses 24 to 27 and posted the picture of the passages from the Bible." The passage condemns homosexuality.

Finland's Prosecutor General has now opened a second investigation concerning a pamphlet that Päivi wrote 15 years ago about Biblical Christian marriage, called "Man and woman, He created them."

Tweet Results in Criminal Investigation

It is biblical teaching that the Finnish constitution says it supports. Räsänen told us that because of that, she assumed the investigation would not go anywhere.

"Yes, yes, I assumed. In fact, it was a surprise for me that there is even a police investigation about that case. I wouldn't have believed it.

Leif Nummela, editor of a Christian newspaper and a Christian TV host in Finland told us, "I thought that this couldn't happen. It was unbelievable. It was a real surprise. And my first thought was, 'are they really going this far'?"

Continue reading

Basic freedoms in Finland and most of Western Europe are being under a constant threat, with Leftists in power bending law to their will, effectively turning the once tolerant countries in surveillance states where a facebook post can mean prison or ridiculous expensive fines. News like this should serve as cautionary tales to Americans, don't you ever allow commies to dilute the 1st and 2nd amendment.
The big money and its push for rampant homosexuality, along with it's comical useful idiot clueless leftists in the West are behaving in an abhorrent way that decays societies.

How many places would let you tweet that homosexuality is an abomination and keep your job? Christianity has been dead in the west for decades, they just haven't realized it yet.
Not dead, just locked away by embarrassing forces. The longer you try to lock it away for, the brighter the fire on its sword will burn once it emerges. As somebody who doesn't favor repressive Christianity more than most other kinds of repression, I suggest you stop trying to get Christianity to draw its flaming sword.

I like how we kicked one idiot out of position of power and got even worse in his place lol, watch them win next election

Also i think hs is censoring their news comments on fb because there were only positive ones in comments about immigrants being taken in.

And if they are not, then this country deserves to go to shit lol

For sure they do, I've heard a bunch of guys (with right-wing opinions) say that their comments never get through to HS. It is what it is, they want to be Finland's CNN or something. Worse in the sense that they don't even have high production values or anything, mostly just crap clickbait stuff these days. To get away with that without being called out, they basically have to moderate all the comments.

We still have pro-immigrant people, no doubt, but that's only because we haven't taken a lot of immigrants. If we were taking them in the kind of numbers these people want, most of these people would have abandoned those positions already, like a lot of Swedes have.

If you're going to be a complete dumbass about immigration and hoard people from places like Afghanistan, Somalia, sorry to say, but even being a Nazi wouldn't be causing as much damage as that. If people can't do it right then they shouldn't be doing it at all, and North Europe has basically proven that they can't do it right.

Not this again. Finland is in the list I sent you. Go steal some copper!

<{cum@me}>

They sent more Crusades to Finland than Jerusalem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Finnish_wars#List_of_early_Finnish_wars_and_conflicts

It was pagan shit up in here until the 13th-14th centuries. We basically got Christianized as one of the last nations in Europe, behind Lithuania (which stayed OGs for the longest time).

To put it to perspective it was only about 100 years before Columbus found America, and spread that bullshit over there. Nobody really talks of American natives as "authentically Christian" or something. Muslims had been Muslims for many hundreds of years before Finns/Baltic people were Christian.

Last edited:
It's so odd to see the majority in any situation complain about being victimized.

Back