Is it healthy to add few blocks of dark chocolate cocoa in oats?

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it healthy to add 2-4 blocks of dark chocolate in the sauce pan in the last 2 minutes to mix them up with oats (water)?

Never thought of it so gave it a try and it was so delicious but i’m afraid that I might get fat quickly from eating bowl full of it every night.

Last edited:
Depends on whether you're currently in a calorie deficit, at maintenance or already in a surplus, what kind of training you're doing and how much protein you're eating. Assuming you're at maintenance and don't change any other part of your diet or life, then it'll put you into a surplus and you'll gain some weight. Whether you'll gain more fat or more muscle depends on how big a surplus it puts you in, whether you're stressing your muscles enough to cause muscle growth and whether you're eating enough protein to build muscle.

Cacao is good for you in moderation and has antioxidant properties if it's not processed with alkali. Most chocolate available, including dark chocolate, is processed with alkali so it doesn't have the same antioxidant benefits. Also, the vast majority of chocolate contains soy which some argue is estrogenic meaning it converts your free testosterone into the 'female hormone' estrogen through a process known as aromatase.

Estrogen isn't altogether bad as it supposedly protects your heart and cardiovascular system. Hong Kong and Japan rank #1 and 2 for average lifespan and they consume a lot of soy. However, their soy is of a much higher quality than in the US where GMO soybean from Monsanto is predominantly found. Monsanto soybeans are high in glyphosate which is an ingredient in round up weed killer, an herbicide they invented. They've been spraying crops with their herbicide annually since 1974. The levels of glyphosate found in food today is over 100× higher than it was 30 years ago.

Unfortunately, Monsanto is a massive company and they are now selling their garbage to the rest of the world including Japan and other parts of Asia. So, arguably, the problem with soy in chocolate as well as in many other foods is that it's not just soy but the herbicides they spray it with in the US (which is now making its way to other parts of the world). Interestingly, Monsanto is owned by Bayer who is connected to Pfizer.

So personally, I would only consume dark chocolate that is soy free and that hasn't been processed with alkali. You can see this information in the ingredients list on the back.

Occasionally, you should take breaks from both coffee, tea, and chocolate. Over a prolonged period, they are stressful to the liver but might be beneficial for liver health in moderation.

I thought I'm the only one doing that.

3 rows of 70 % Dark chocolate into oatmeal. Is quiet caloric. Plus a big spoon of peanut butter
However I stopped eating oatmeal cause now I find that it tastes ass

Hi guys,

Is it healthy to add 2-4 blocks of dark chocolate in the sauce pan in the last 2 minutes to mix them up with oats (water)?

Never thought of it so gave it a try and it was so delicious but i’m afraid that I might get fat quickly from eating bowl full of it every night.
You can if you want to be chud

Back