Is it just me or....

Is there just way too much content now for TV/Movies?

Not complaining or anything but you ever feel like there's so many options available for TV/Movies now that you have no idea what to choose....And then you just go back to your old faves?

I should be watching a ton of cool new shows but I always end up watching Sopranos, Seinfeld/Curb, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park...and of course 90's WWF.

Anyone else do the same?

Wasn't it Back to the Future Part 2 where in the future they had hundreds or thousands of channels? They pretty much got that right. Yeah, it's overwhelming. And I'd say at least 2/3rds of it is junk.

Wasn't it Back to the Future Part 2 where in the future they had hundreds or thousands of channels? They pretty much got that right. Yeah, it's overwhelming. And I'd say at least 2/3rds of it is junk.

Thank heavens for the algorithms that tell us what we may or may not like. Makes choosing a little easier lol

Hah . I was worried that was my problem for a bit , but I realized I dont hate everything new ,occasionally something recent will pop up and pique my interest.

It a lot easier to make and release movies or music these days so I think we are exposed to a lot more lazy,uninspired, crap then before.
Yeah same, I thought I was getting bitter but we are saturated with soulless filth these days. If you take it back to the 80's, even though a lot of the movies were atrocious, they were all personal projects for someone, all made with heart and effort and real people.
Now you can get a couple of mobile phone using geeks sitting in their mum's basement knocking out soulless turd after soulless turd with little human contact

Yes and no at the same time. Sure, there’s so much content you can easily get lost. However, there’s so much content I can always find something I’m in the mood for or a niche that I can get lost in for months on end.

100%, especially more noticable now when theres fuck all to do. Streamable VR has to be on the horizon soon -too many mediocre in-house productions; getting played out

I actually gave up on cable about 10 years ago now. There is enough between the major streaming services to keep me happy.

Lol fair. Reaching 34 in July......

<2>

giphy.gif

This came to mind, by the time people are in their thirties they're listening to little new music.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/12/17003076/spotify-data-shows-songs-teens-adult-taste-music

Is there just way too much content now for TV/Movies?

Not complaining or anything but you ever feel like there's so many options available for TV/Movies now that you have no idea what to choose....And then you just go back to your old faves?

I should be watching a ton of cool new shows but I always end up watching Sopranos, Seinfeld/Curb, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park...and of course 90's WWF.

Anyone else do the same?

Yeah. I'm stuck in my ways, too. I find myself spending countless hours browsing, vs finding something and watching it. To think, I used to bitch about only having a few channels, and being sent on to roof to position the antennae. UHF from the 70's to early 90's was the best.

100%, especially more noticable now when theres fuck all to do. Streamable VR has to be on the horizon soon -too many mediocre in-house productions; getting played out

This was the validation I was seeking

539e6b1b14d803ff3e771265a8f9f7ad.gif

There is a lot, but the more worrying part is people are watching. And they are watching feuled with ADD.

I have heard way too many people tell me they can't watch a movie in one sitting anymore, takes them 3,4,5 tries to finish a 1.5 hr movie.

And content creators are adapting by making things faster and snappier.

Idiocracy isn't far away.

I enjoy it. I have YoutubeTV, Netflix, Amazo Prime, HBO Max and ESPN+. I use them all.

I enjoy it. I have YoutubeTV, Netflix, Amazo Prime, HBO Max and ESPN+. I use them all.

Same, just saying I find myself watching the classics rather than the new stuff they put up

I couldnt care less about cable TV and streaming shit. Netflick was ok for a while until they got cute. Will not support Amazon or Disney in anyway. Walt must feed.

I have 300 + channels including premium channels and streaming services. I barely watch any of that shit except for 90 day but it’s nice knowing that it’s there.

I'm much the same way, bro. I've got the DirecTV satellite premium package, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Shudder, ESPN +, & DAZN. Plus, I have a large collection of movies on DVD, Blu-ray & 4K UHD. So, you'd think that my wife & I would never be at a loss for things to watch, right? But it wasn't enough for her because we're big 90 DAY fans so she insisted that we had to get Discovery + last month for all their new 90 DAY content & that's pretty much all we've been watching for the past couple of weeks. LOL.

I could save myself a heap of money each month if I trimmed down the amount of television content that we subscribe to but, like you, I like having it available. Sure, it may be a waste of money to some but we can afford it all so we keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back