Is it just me or....

Lots of choices of.... garbage I don't want to watch. Seems like half the time I try cable on demand, the thing freezes and doesn't give me the screen to press play.

When I realized so many of today's movies and shows were adapted from books and comics, I just redoubled my reading. I do like TV and movies, but I find it increasingly hard to sit down and watch anything. Currently I'm sort of bingeing Community with my wife.

I also prefer to watch my favorite movies and tv shows over new ones.i cant remember the last tv show I've watched from beginning to end. I think the entertainment industry is running out of ideas.

I'm much the same way, bro. I've got the DirecTV satellite premium package, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Shudder, ESPN +, & DAZN. Plus, I have a large collection of movies on DVD, Blu-ray & 4K UHD. So, you'd think that my wife & I would never be at a loss for things to watch, right? But it wasn't enough for her because we're big 90 DAY fans so she insisted that we had to get Discovery + last month for all their new 90 DAY content & that's pretty much all we've been watching for the past couple of weeks. LOL.

I could save myself a heap of money each month if I trimmed down the amount of television content that we subscribe to but, like you, I like having it available. Sure, it may be a waste of money to some but we can afford it all so we keep it.

tenor.gif

Can’t wait for tonight. You were one of the originals that got me interested when I stumbled across the 90 day thread like a year ago.

I agree.
Watched several eps of starsky and hutch on hd antenna tv Saturday. Stupid show but had personality and charm.

TV has always been a tool for advertising and propaganda, first and foremost. Content and fill. The ads are content and the shows are fill.
The amount of social engineering built into the shows has increased a great deal.. the obviousness with which it is now done makes one cringe. It has warped the nature of storytelling. TV rots your brains kids

tenor.gif

Can’t wait for tonight. You were one of the originals that got me interested when I stumbled across the 90 day thread like a year ago.

Oh, really? Cool. I'm glad you're enjoying the show.

And, yeah, tonight's show is going to be great. It's bizarre how entertaining the show can be. So much show so that one or two shows a week isn't enough for my wife & me. That's why we got Discovery +. In fact, we're watching the 90 Day dating show at this moment. It's almost as good as the flagship show with the added benefit of it not being edited for a PG rating. It's very much for adults only with its language & subject matter. You ought to get a free trial & check it out. It's fun.

Back