Is it wrong to dislike Frenchies?

French Fries are the BEST

I could eat

@Arqueto @lsa @helax

Air-Fryer-Loaded-French-Fries-1024x683.jpg

Your experience in France will depend a lot on where you go, luck, whether you make an effort to speak the local language, and obviously on your own personality. The French are quite dour by nature, there are even studies on how French people tend to focus on the negative. It's a cultural habit to complain and see the dark side of things. If you're a human golden retriever (i.e. friendly) American they're going to love you because it takes them out of that. The stereotypes on locations also don't necessarily hold very much. You could find very friendly people in Paris, but have bad experiences in the south. Generally speaking the South-West area of France is considered the friendliest however.

Your experience in France will depend a lot on where you go, luck, whether you make an effort to speak the local language, and obviously on your own personality. The French are quite dour by nature, there are even studies on how French people tend to focus on the negative. It's a cultural habit to complain and see the dark side of things. If you're a human golden retriever (i.e. friendly) American they're going to love you because it takes them out of that. The stereotypes on locations also don't necessarily hold very much. You could find very friendly people in Paris, but have bad experiences in the south. Generally speaking the South-West area of France is considered the friendliest however.

I've been to northwestern and Northern France twice and to the French alps to snowboard and I have to say I was pleasantly impressed. There were definitely a couple of people who were pretty brisque and snooty - particularly one lady who worked at a bakery who seemed outright offended at our existence. We tried everything to be nice. We were quiet and respectful, we waited our turn patiently, knew exactly what we wanted yo order, ordered in French, smiled and complimented her bakery and the Food there and she audibly tisked abd shook her head. It was actually funny it was so rude.

Anywho, other than her in particular and a few others who seemed to be pretty unfriendly, I found yhe French I interacted with to be very friendly and real. I find the over the top fake friendly thing worse than rudeness to be honest. Like a SUPER enthusiastic server at a restaurant, ugh. I'd rather you say absolutely nothing to me and not even make eye contact. The people I talked to in France were not eager to make a show of being friendly but generally speaking if you spoke with them they'd engage in a friendly conversation with you.

I might have just been lucky though. I've spent maybe 12 days total in the country. Gonna bike from Amsterdam to Paris in a couple months, maybe I'll see a difference 😂

The French they are a funny race
They fight with their feet
And fuck with their face! :)

Reactions: 666

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaw44
Back