Is Muhammad Ali the Michael Jordan of Boxing?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Is Muhammad Ali the Michael Jordan of Boxing?

2000-ESPN-Magazine-Ali-Superman-cover.jpg

No. Being a great sportsman does not put you in line with Ali, he was much more than that. Damn, Jordan is meant to be one of the most selfish fuckers ever by many accounts.
Jordan's surpassed that you foreigner.
When MJ dies, this world will stop just like it did for Michael Jackson 2pac and Ali.

Nah. Jordan was huge, but ali had a much bigger impact on the world politically speaking. Not a lot of athlete can change their society, i can think of Maurice Richard, but that was obviously on a much smaller scale

Reactions: Ruv
The closest fighter I've seen to a prime MJ in boxing was a prime RJJ. Though the Ali comparison is valid IMO. Both Ali & MJ transcended their respective sports.

I think MJ's mentality on the court is closer to Ali's in the ring than RJJ.

That said, MJ was an introvert with the personality of a wet-rag... not comparable at all to Ali.

Jordan's surpassed that you foreigner.
When MJ dies, this world will stop just like it did for Michael Jackson 2pac and Ali.
You made a point without realizing. People outside of the US have heard of Jordan but they don't give a fuck about him. Ali is an icon for the progression of the civil rights movement, Jordan is a hoop guy.

Back