Is Oscar the best 130?

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he loses to Tank and Shakur, but beats Gary Russell, Leo Santa, and JoJo Diaz

I think he loses to Tank and Shakur, but beats Gary Russell, Leo Santa, and JoJo Diaz

I'll take Shakur. I'm bullish on him.

I like Valdez chances vs Tank as well as versus 'walk you down' JoJo Diaz.

Russell....is intriguing to me. Stylistically this could give Valdez issues.

Had Valdez and Shakur fought last Saturday i would have picked Shakur, Shakur hasn't fought the best competition which is why he's shown no weaknesses, he's in for dog fight with this version of Valdez thats for sure, and yes, Valdez beats the rest of the 130lb Champs, Davis im not sure, if he Davis still has his legs after getting tagged then yeah Davis would pour it on him in, thats the fight to see but I don't think it happens.

Has he made any excuses for his performance due to having had Covid 4 months ago?
I wouldnt either, the man is a man’s man.
But.. he had COVID.
I need to see more of Oscar, the kid has huge potential but... the man had COVID... recently...
I’m taking this fight with a grain of salt... untill I see both guys in their next fight.

I’m not intentionally feeling this way to argue.. you must know where I’m coming from with this..

I wouldn't say Tank is a 135lbs fighter anymore.

Definitely should be the top ranked fighter. I don't think he beats Stevenson or Colbert though.

I wouldnt either, the man is a man’s man.
But.. he had COVID.
I need to see more of Oscar, the kid has huge potential but... the man had COVID... recently...
I’m taking this fight with a grain of salt... untill I see both guys in their next fight.

I’m not intentionally feeling this way to argue.. you must know where I’m coming from with this..
Yeah I can see your point but I was just trying to find out if he's said anything. The reason I bring this up is because some people have Covid and no long term complications but others do. Berchelt did look like shit in there, so it wouldn't surprise if it turned out he was negatively affected by covid.

Definitely should be the top ranked fighter. I don't think he beats Stevenson or Colbert though.

Yeah until he loses he has to be #1.

The other question i need answering is was this version of Valdez only for the Berchelt fight?

We know he was annoyed at Berchelt for going out and delaying their fight, the whole olympic selection thing, and trying to prove himself to Mexican legends.

But against Shakur or some other guy, wheres the same motivation to win going to come from?

Yeah until he loses he has to be #1.

The other question i need answering is was this version of Valdez only for the Berchelt fight?

We know he was annoyed at Berchelt for going out and delaying their fight, the whole olympic selection thing, and trying to prove himself to Mexican legends.

But against Shakur or some other guy, wheres the same motivation to win going to come from?
probably tbh, shakur has been talking a lot of shit.

Back