Is Pico A Bust?

kevinramsdell

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
At this stage of his career, for a guy who with as good of a pre-MMA career resume as you can get, is Aaron Pico considered a bust yet?

Explosive KO power, great wrestling, but can't win the fights that actually matter for anything. Had a 6-fight win streak going into this fight tonight against guys that nobody has ever heard of and never will again. Lost tonight against a tough, but relatively unknown Jeremy Kennedy.

I feel at this point, Pico is considered a bust. He still has time to grow and showoff his skills, but he's 5.5 years into his pro career, was training for a couple of years before he made his pro debut. At this stage of his career he should be further along than he actually is.

no not at this point. he's still young and is top 5 in Bellator.

Still has a few more prime years to get it together. This was a shitty setback but the div isnt all that deep, not like its gonna send him all the way down. He's still probably one more fight from a title shot. He could fight Borics if he loses to Pitbull tonight, he could fight Mads, win that and he's right back in mix for a title shot.

The way he has looked in that win streak matters more to me than who he was fighting. He was rushed along too fast to begin with. Letting him rebuild his confidence and mature as a fighter was the right thing to do. Tonight was just a very unfortunate night for him. Can't really hold a shoulder accident against the guy.

Getting knocked out the way he did, back to back, isn’t going to be good for his career in the long run. He hasn’t fought anyone since those knockouts, and now he’s injured. Things aren’t on the best track but he has time to right the ship. Finding a new corner is going to be a must though.

I mean he was supposed to be the LeBron of MMA. So yeah

But he's still super talented. This was just bad luck.

Depends. If he's with Gram then Jones says he's legit

I think he still has time to put it all together. You can see flashes of elite talent in almost all of his fights.

But sherdog and Joe Rogan told me wrestling is best base for mma.

Maybe he'll be like Oliveira who failed time and time again to win big step up fights for like a decade before he finally put it all together
Or he could be someone like Thiago Tavares who plateaued early AF and never got above that mid level fighter status

Still too early to call imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back