Is Pico A Bust?

A 9% difference is big. Also factor in that 20 fights is more than 14 fights. A difference of 6 fights is like 2 years worth of bouts for pros, and that's if they're fairly active. 16-4 is much more impressive than 10-4, it's not comparable.
16-4 is not more impressive than 10-4, combat sports are context based. How impressive your W-L record is dependent on the quality of opposition you faced and whether a fighter is in his prime or not.

Saying someone who is 16-4 is more impressive than a fighter who is 10-4 with 3 of his losses coming in say, his first 3 fights isn't really an accurate way of comparing records. MMA records are not compared in vacuums.

16-4 is not more impressive than 10-4, combat sports are context based. How impressive your W-L record is dependent on the quality of opposition you faced and whether a fighter is in his prime or not.

Saying someone who is 16-4 is more impressive than a fighter who is 10-4 with 3 of his losses coming in say, his first 3 fights isn't really an accurate way of comparing records. MMA records are not compared in vacuums.
Obviously I'm assuming that both fighters have competed against an equal level of opposition.

His shoulder slipped out and he manged to survive against a legit fighter without getting put into serious trouble, even banding to defend the back with 1 fully functioning arm, and in severe pain. This fight doesn't give any evidence of him being a bust whatsoever

He got off to a rough start but that had a lot to do with trying to find him fights. The water cooler talk is that no one wanted to fight him so they had no choice but to accept bouts with older and far more experienced opponents

He is now 10-4. Prime GOATS don't have a 30% losing rate. Jones, GSP, Khabib dont even have that many losses combined. Spider, BJ, and Fedor didnt start losing like that until they were far far removed from their primes.

He is a bust sadly. He was supposed to be the biggest thing in MMA and 5 years later he is basically a "little better than average" fighter. He won't ever be a huge star. He was not even co-main tonight. He will be a decent fighter only known to "hard core" fans.

I'd love to eat these words one day and see him have a Lawler level ressurection tho.

You need to recheck BJ's record. He was 10-4-1in 2006. He didn't win the UFC LW belt until 2007 against Stevenson.

anderson was 16-4 at one point to be fair
He also lost two Muay Thai fights to Pele at the start of his career.

He dislocated his shoulder pretty quick in the match. Hard to blame him for that lost. It's just bad luck.

I think he still has what it takes. I don't know if he'll ever make it to winning a belt but he has the game to be a long stay in MMA for quite few more years.

He was touted as best prospect of all time so he hasnt reached that level to justify that hype he got but still think its early. he got in so young its not like he's 34 and hasnt done shit yet. He's got years left to do something and maybe become a champ in Bellator.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he can't continue to accomplish great things in the sport.

Did you even watch the bout? He dislocated his shoulder half way through the first round and the doctor stopped it.

Like what exactly did that prove to you? That he shouldn't have dislocated his shoulder since real top level fighters never get injured?

So he didn't dislocate his shoulder based on an action he was performing in a fight? He lost the fight boss. Has 1 quality win in his career. I understand you're upset that he lost, I'm just pointing out that it seems like for a guy who signed a deal in 2014, and debuted in 2017, he should probably be a bit more advanced at this point. That's not to say he isn't talented af, I was just giving an opinion.

I'm no doctor, but seeing the cornerman abruptly yank hard down on the arm to try to pop the shoulder in seemed like that itself could have done big damage.

So he didn't dislocate his shoulder based on an action he was performing in a fight? He lost the fight boss. Has 1 quality win in his career. I understand you're upset that he lost, I'm just pointing out that it seems like for a guy who signed a deal in 2014, and debuted in 2017, he should probably be a bit more advanced at this point. That's not to say he isn't talented af, I was just giving an opinion.
Didn't Big John say the doc said it was a broken collarbone?

He threw a punch in the first minute of the bout and dislocated his shoulder. If you are so thick that you just see everything in binary win or loss, that's on you.

Also not upset, don't try this playground "u mAd bRo" technique.

striking. always has been. boxing/kickboxing/muay thai, take your pick. much easier for strikers to learn defensive grappling than it is for grapplers to learn to strike. the vast majority of all time greats have striking bases and picked up grappling after.
This is completely wrong.
I've only boxed, never wrestled a day in my life, boxing in in my top 3 sports... and wrestling is 100% the better base.

Last edited:
This is completely wrong.
I've only boxed, never wrestled a day in my life, boxing in in my top 3 sports... and wrestling is 100% the better base.
oh oops nevermind i guess. i’m just wrong. because you said so. every UFC champ but one is a striker but you said differently so i’m just incorrect. right.

oh oops nevermind i guess. i’m just wrong. because you said so. every UFC champ but one is a striker but you said differently so i’m just incorrect. right.

*scratches head

That isn't true...weird someone would say something that is so....wrong? Every champ under 170 doesn't have a "striking" base.

But even if it were true that wouldn't mean that striking is a better base. For one you can have a grappling base and still be a striker. Two...what about past UFC champs? Three, which is even more important, why the hell would you only include champs and not the contenders? What about the champs and contenders in other orgs?

*scratches head

That isn't true...weird someone would say something that is so....wrong? Every champ under 170 doesn't have a "striking" base.
what the fuck? who said under 170? lmao ngannou, jiri, adesanya, edwards, volkanovski, figureido, shevchenko, nunes, all strikers. oliveira has a BJJ base but his striking is what made him a champion & sterling is the only real grappler.

you just made up an argument with someone and pretended i said it.

He dislocated his shoulder pretty quick in the match. Hard to blame him for that lost. It's just bad luck.

I think he still has what it takes. I don't know if he'll ever make it to winning a belt but he has the game to be a long stay in MMA for quite few more years.
reminded me of Korean Zombie dislocating his shoulder in the title fight against Aldo. KZ returned four years later and KO'd Dennis Bermudez

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chan-Sung-Jung-36155

Back