Is the LW division in Bellator the only

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score
division where the unranked fighters would beat the ranked fighters 10-0? (Not counting Patricio)

Alexandr Shabliy 19-3
Usman Nurmagomedov 12-0
Islam Mamedov 19-1
Rustam Khabilov 24-4
Shamil Nikaev 10-0
Nate Andrews 16-3
Soren Bak 14-1
Keoni Diggs 9-0
Mandel Nallo 8-1
Alan Omer 24-5 (couldn't decide who to put on the last spot)

If they match them up carefully against the ranked guys, I can really see them winning 10 to 0, which is crazy lol

Last edited:
I dont think all of them but Shabliy and Mamedov would be favored against all of them. The rest of them would be at least very competitive.

I dont think all of them but Shabliy and Mamedov would be favored against all of them. The rest of them would be at least very competitive.
I didn't say anyone from this list can beat all 10 ranked guys

If they make 10 fights head to head and choose the matches carefully, I can see the unranked fighters beating them 10-0. For example the two weakest fighters from my list against Moret or Queally (I think they can beat them), then put Khabilov against Piccolotti, there you go another win :D Usman can beat Jury, Mamedov can beat Outlaw etc etc

Shabliy will prove it against the ranked Alfie :D

If they did the opposite and choose the good matchups for the ranked guys against the unranked, I really can't see it going 10-0 for them. The unranked guys are better, imo.

Last edited:
LW is in a transition phase right now .. a lot of guys will be replaced once these new guys start fighting .. Patricky is done as a top contender
3A7B190F-15B9-4D78-8247-ABBF3183D66E.jpeg
Moret sucks .. Primus is a ducker and fights once a year .. Jury will be a decent name for someone to beat hopefully Outlaw gets it done .. we need to get this new blood in there

Bellator are weird in terms of not promoting guys above guys they beat when it comes to rankings.
I’ve only seen it happen with controversial wins, ala Moret beating Goiti even tho most people scored it for Goiti and Patricky being stopped by doctor stoppage because off a forehead cut

At some point I wouldnt mind Bellator releasing Primus if he remains inactive. The worst possible scenario would be Primus becoming champion and defending the belt once every 2 years. If they could use that money to sign some other big name LW it would be ideal.

At some point I wouldnt mind Bellator releasing Primus if he remains inactive. The worst possible scenario would be Primus becoming champion and defending the belt once every 2 years. If they could use that money to sign some other big name LW it would be ideal.
What is up with him? Is it injuries?

What is up with him? Is it injuries?
No idea. Might be. Fighting also kind of sucks and turns tons of fighters into balls of incredibly negative emotion with loads of anxiety overwhelming their every moment up until the point at which they get hit. Even Nick Diaz hates fighting.

Bellator's LW division was pretty good in 2013/2014 when it consisted of Alvarez, Chandler, Brooks, Held, Sarnavskiy, Awad, Jansen, Patricky, Caveman, etc. I personally think that roster rivaled the UFC's LW division easily. Contenders would only fight contenders back then. It was insanely competitive

Nobody came to replace those guys once they got released. Brooks leaving, Primus' "reign", and Pitbull KOing Chandler left that division useless.

Back