Is there any fighting in India?

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do they fight in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh? Or there is a culture stopping them from fighting?

Educate me on the area, please! I know they have fake wrestling.

Last edited:
There is few fighters from these countries in ONE, I know there is fairly big MMA organization in India (Super Fight League).

Last edited:
They have a traditional form of wrestling in a dirt pit and they also compete in sanda and amateur boxing.

Do they fight in India, Pakistan or Bangladesh? Or there is a culture stopping them from fighting?

Educate me on the area, please! I know they have fake wrestling.

If I am not mistaken, a significant proportion of the people in Pakistan are tribal-ish cultures with a strong tradition in warfare, like the Pashtuns (a war-like culture) and Baloochis (maybe not as much but also have a strong warfare tradition). The Sikhs in India are some kind of warrior culture, too, so I certainly don't think that some cultural restriction is the reason why these people are not very present on the world stage for combat sports.

Yes, they are fighting against Diarrhea on a daily basis

That"s rude, Onne, and some Thai voted you. It"s not like Thailand does so much better. It does for Asia, but who knows... Maybe India will be a real world power in the future! Sure the Indians have a certain culture, but it is a personal culture. I don"t think the "Diarheea" is part of the culture.

I wish Britain would have never entered India, honestly. Some people on the map, including the Africans, should have lived in a traditional way. With India this is the problem. They were still living like the Europeans lived thousand of years ago. Now after Europe or some certain empires spread their tribes and tents, we have the expectation to see modern societies.

India with all the problems is fascinating and the people are welcoming you, are peaceful.

I am interesting in their culture, fighting, they are 1,320 billion. :)) Our countries are 0,020 billion.

Last edited:

Ok I laughed.
But if you throw 100 random Pashtuns/Sikhs in one side of a pit and 100 random Murrcans/Brits in the other side of that pit and ask them to fight eachother, I would bet the house that the Pashtuns/Sikhs prevail 9 times out of 10.

That"s rude, Onne, and some Thai voted you. It"s not like Thailand does so much better. It does for Asia, but who knows... Maybe India will be a real world power in the future! Sure the Indians have a certain culture, but it is a personal culture. I don"t think the "Diarheea" is part of the culture.

I wish Britain would have never entered India, honestly. Some people on the map, including the Africans, should have lived in a traditional way. With India this is the problem. They were still living like the Europeans lived thousand of years ago. Now after Europe or some certain empires spread their tribes and tents, we have the expectation to see modern societies.

India with all the problems is fascinating and the people are welcoming you, are peaceful.

I am interesting in their culture, fighting, they are 1,320 billion. :)) Our countries are 0,020 billion.
1753A86CC1E526EBA24E8D9CB20589F41A84921C

Ok I watched it and really enjoyed it. Legit wrestling movie. And BTW Aamir Khan's body transformation in that movie is nothing short of epic.

I just saw your question now... I'm glad you enjoyed. Yes. Awesome movie.

I remember watching this episode a long time ago. Not sure why they did not show the legit Indian wrestling because what they showed was a huge pile of steaming shit. The worst being that "flexible sword". Possibly the most inherently defect sword design ever invented.

I wonder how much the vegetarian influence on their culture impacts their sports culture. India only has 9 olympic gold medals, 8 in field hockey, 1 in shooting. Not saying this is the only thing that would be holding them back, but I can't imagine most athletes being able to sustain the training needed to compete at a high level on a vegetarian diet (assuming no PEDs of course).

On a related note, they do pretty well these days in wrestling and i could see Bajarang Bajarang getting the next gold for India.

I wonder how much the vegetarian influence on their culture impacts their sports culture. India only has 9 olympic gold medals, 8 in field hockey, 1 in shooting. Not saying this is the only thing that would be holding them back, but I can't imagine most athletes being able to sustain the training needed to compete at a high level on a vegetarian diet (assuming no PEDs of course).

On a related note, they do pretty well these days in wrestling and i could see Bajarang Bajarang getting the next gold for India.

Yeah, India is certainly not doing too bad in freestyle based on the latest world wrestling championship rankings, with one silver and a couple of bronze:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Wrestling_Championships

Or are they? For a country this size AND with a significant folk wrestling tradition, you could expect them to do better. But then China only got one bronze medal.
I am not sure that the prevalence of vegetarian diet impacts those results. Surely, at the highest level they all get enough proteins? But then when I watch these Indian folk wrestling (the ones where they wrestle in sand wearing speedos) I always notice that many of these dudes seem to have a high body fat %, and that is indeed detrimental to results at a high level...

When we wrestle the Indians in the commonwealth games we have to be careful, they are tricky and not afraid to play dirty. They are good but gold medal means beating countries like Russia and Azerbajan, its a whole different world of skill.

Yeah, India is certainly not doing too bad in freestyle based on the latest world wrestling championship rankings, with one silver and a couple of bronze:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Wrestling_Championships

Or are they? For a country this size AND with a significant folk wrestling tradition, you could expect them to do better. But then China only got one bronze medal.
I am not sure that the prevalence of vegetarian diet impacts those results. Surely, at the highest level they all get enough proteins? But then when I watch these Indian folk wrestling (the ones where they wrestle in sand wearing speedos) I always notice that many of these dudes seem to have a high body fat %, and that is indeed detrimental to results at a high level...

What I was getting at was, if perhaps there wasn't the prevalence of the vegetarian diet, they'd have a greater talent pool to choose from. Even if you're a genetic stud I imagine it'd hamper a bit. Just where my line of thinking was. Good point about China.

What I was getting at was, if perhaps there wasn't the prevalence of the vegetarian diet, they'd have a greater talent pool to choose from. Even if you're a genetic stud I imagine it'd hamper a bit. Just where my line of thinking was. Good point about China.

Vegetarians are still a minority in India. Sure there's probably a higher percentage of vegetarians in India than a lot of other places, but even in India the majority of people eat meat.

Also, it's been scientifically proven that you don't need to eat meat to show the same level of performance as an athlete. You can get enough protein via plants, and as a vegetarian you even have more options to get proteins from with dairy and eggs. You should check out "the game changers" documentary on Netflix on that topic, which actually shows that you might perform even better as an athlete with less animal consumption.

Last edited:
Ok I laughed.
But if you throw 100 random Pashtuns/Sikhs in one side of a pit and 100 random Murrcans/Brits in the other side of that pit and ask them to fight eachother, I would bet the house that the Pashtuns/Sikhs prevail 9 times out of 10.
Yeah, I bet.
That's why Americans and Brits took over the entire globe. Because we are bad at fighting? More like the best! Wake up cuck!

Back