Is there any pop/rock band u respect morr than The Beatles

Maybe not more but I think the Beach Boys should be as respected and revered as the Beatles are. The mainstream just sees them as the corny guys in stripped shirts that wrote surf songs but their late 60s and 70s catalogue is fascinating.

Plus, who sounds this good in their 70s?

musically I respect them way more but they werent good at rocking hard

Funny how subjective things are because for me that is when their albums started to be a mix of great songs and bad songs --when J. Lennon went from alpha to beta in the band.
many fans at the time I'm sure, didn't like anything past the early beatles, my mom just dismissed sgt. pepper as weird. I like it all, I want to hold your hand is every bit as great as the more symphonic stuff. You could hear the excitement in the early music and the ambition, the three opening notes of I want to hold your hand, the harmonies, and the great performance, you can hear john reaching past his limits because he wants success so much. It's magic, as I said, most of histories successful groups do not even have one song as good as what they came up with routinely. Truly great band. I read something once on Elvis and it said if you can listen to his sun sessions and not like any of it, "it's not Elvis you don't like, it's music" same could be said for the Beatles.

Usually, the worst haters in my exp. are failed musicians, almost always in fact.

Funny how subjective things are because for me that is when their albums started to be a mix of great songs and bad songs --when J. Lennon went from alpha to beta in the band.
yes, it's all subjective and everyone has an opinion. Some claim that John was always a follower, first of Stuart Sutcliffe, then Paul, then Yoko. Others have always insisted he was the leader the whole time. Everyone has a different opinion.

LZ were superior musicians(by a decent margin). The Beatles were in another league from them, in songwriting, versatility, innovativeness, influence on musicians that came after them, and overall cultural impact.
Beatles were good writers (the second of their career ... first half was fluff pop) no doubt but today they were in another league is ignorant imo.. they never had a single album the qaulity of 4 n they did over 3 times more. Innovative and influence on others I think your wrong as well.

Beatles were good writers (the second of their career ... first half was fluff pop) no doubt but today they were in another league is ignorant imo.. they never had a single album the qaulity of 4 n they did over 3 times more. Innovative and influence on others I think your wrong as well.

I'm not super-familiar with LZ discography. But White Album, Revolver, Rubber Soul, Abbey Road, Pepper, and MMT, all surpass any material I've ever heard from LZ.

Also, the Beatles aren't notorious for blatantly lifting material from other artists(though there are a few occasions).

As for songwriting, well....Blackbird, Here Comes the Sun, Happiness is a Warm Gun, I Want You(She's So Heavy), Eleanor Rigby, Strawberry Fields, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Something, I Am the Walrus, Helter Skelter, Penny Lane, Yesterday, Norwegian Wood, In My Life...the list just goes on and on.

I also stand by my claim they were more innovative. LZ pushed the envelope to a degree. They helped normalized metal and heavy blues. However, the Beatles innovations are simply too many to name. They introduced Indian music to western audiences. First song to use feedback. Rock band that scored hits with songs that didn't any traditional rock instruments. Early pioneer in the concept album. Use of a medley on an album. Dabbled in metal pre Sabbath and LZ. Use of free form song structure, e.g. Happiness is a Warm Gun. Use of spoken word track, e.g. Revolution. Etc.

I'm not even going to debate influence. If you think LZ influenced more musicians than the Beatles, good for you.

In short, let's just agree to disagree.

I will never understand Beatles worship.
Yea
Very overrated band. They're just another boy band for me, insanely popular for the 'mania', not the music.
That's what they were shaped into. Oddly enough That's not who they really were.

"...the Beatles were hard men too. Brian Epstein cleaned them up for mass consumption, but they were anything but sissies. They were from Liverpool, which is like Hamburg or Norfolk, Virginia--a hard, sea-farin' town, all these dockers and sailors around all the time who would beat the piss out of you if you so much as winked at them. Ringo's from the Dingle, which is like the f***ing Bronx. The Rolling Stones were the mummy's boys--they were all college students from the outskirts of London. They went to starve in London, but it was by choice, to give themselves some sort of aura of disrespectability. I did like the Stones, but they were never anywhere near the Beatles--not for humour, not for originality, not for songs, not for presentation. All they had was Mick Jagger dancing about. Fair enough, the Stones made great records, but they were always s**t on stage, whereas the Beatles were the gear."~Lemmy

Jimmy Page was a better guitarist than anyone in the Beatles. Better riffs, better solos, better writing for the guitar. You can argue that the Beatles were a better band, better songwriters, better harmonies, better singing, lyrics, etc. but few if any would say their guitar parts were better than Page's/Zeppelin's.

I wasn't comparing Page and Plant to the Beatles, I was saying that I don't agree that they are the greatest singer or guitarist respectively. The post I replied to said Plant was top three and maybe the best ever and Page was to five and maybe the best ever which I disagree with

I wasn't comparing Page and Plant to the Beatles, I was saying that I don't agree that they are the greatest singer or guitarist respectively. The post I replied to said Plant was top three and maybe the best ever and Page was to five and maybe the best ever which I disagree with
The person you were replying to was directly comparing Led Zeppelin to the Beatles across the board, so it was confusing. But I understand. I'm not sure where to rank Page exactly. He's definitely one of my favorite guitarists based on riffs and writing ability. But sure, he was sloppy at times and had some technical shortcomings.

The person you were replying to was directly comparing Led Zeppelin to the Beatles across the board, so it was confusing. But I understand. I'm not sure where to rank Page exactly. He's definitely one of my favorite guitarists based on riffs and writing ability. But sure, he was sloppy at times and had some technical shortcomings.

I didn't take it as him comparing them to the Beatles as he said they were top three to five and possibly the best ever. That's what I was disagreeing with, especially on Plant. I like Zeppelin a lot too but I don't see a strong case for what he was saying, but it is all subjective

I didn't take it as him comparing them to the Beatles as he said they were top three to five and possibly the best ever. That's what I was disagreeing with, especially on Plant. I like Zeppelin a lot too but I don't see a strong case for what he was saying, but it is all subjective
Indeed. :)

My fav music is them old prewar blues, talking pre 1940. Own most of it.Big into country, Appalachian, rock, Bluegrass, jazz, soul, funk, reggae, metal, punk. My home musical library is massive, huge! Have heard it all, ah.....except the opera.

When it comes to talent in one band nobody compares to The Beatles. They are as good as it gets, sooooooooooo many hits, sooooooooooooo many great songs. Nobody I respect more than the fab four.

96eeebaac593a79f8057b02cad37e704.jpg
Wish there was a time travel machine so I could wear a Monkeys t-shirt at a Beatles concert to troll them and get heckled by the crowd

Wish there was a time travel machine so I could wear a Monkeys t-shirt at a Beatles concert to troll them and get heckled by the crowd
Nobody would care. They are at a Beatles concert.

Beatles influenced everybody..just to hit some of the musicians mentioned in this thread..

Also Jimmy Page and most agree. Early in their career. Not that great.

As Jimmy Page said, "Later on, they were really onto something. Really!"

Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, the White Album, et. al. are mentioned by various artists. If the Beatles didn't influence your favorite band, they probably influenced the band your favorite band was influenced by.

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/top-11-musicians-influenced-by-the-beatles-50th-anniversary/

11. David Grohl, Nirvana and the Foo Fighters = nuf said
10. Joe Walsh, The Eagles= the guy who made the Eagles a Rock band
9. Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys
8. Nancy WIlson, Heart
7.Billy Joel
6.Michelle Phillips, the Mamas and the Papas
5.Gene Simmons, KISS
4.Maurice and Robin Gibb, The Bee Gees
3. Joni Mitchell
2. Roger Mcguinn, The Byrds
1. Bruce Springsteen

The Beach Boys and the Byrds and that "California" sound changed Rock n Roll. Its main influence was the Beatles.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2016/04/entertainment/prince-musical-family-tree/
Prince's favorite songwriter, someone he called a genius and covered her songs in concert? 6. Joni Mitchell. Prince was a huge fan and one of the things that inspired to write music was a Joni Mitchell concert he went to as a teenager.

Queen's Brian May, considered one of the all time greatest guitarists and lead member of Queen.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-beatles-how-the-fab-four-influenced-queen.html/
May said “The Beatles built our bible as far as musical composition, arrangement and production went. The White Album is a complete catalogue of how you should use a studio to build songs. ‘Happiness Is a Warm Gun’ and ‘Dear Prudence’ are blinding examples of how music can be like painting a picture on a canvas.”

https://cosmicmagazine.com.au/news/...luence-of-john-lennon-in-unearthed-interview/
The Beatles’ and Lennon’s solo work were an immense influence on the Pink Floyd visionary,

I despise their music. It is typical hippi3 white, crap

Your favorite bands

Sabbath
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/how-the-beatles-influenced-black-sabbath/

“When I heard the Beatles. I knew what I wanted to do,” Ozzy Osbourne boldly stated to Blabbermouth in 2019. “My son says to me, Dad, I like the Beatles, but why do you go so crazy? The only way I can describe it, is like this, ‘Imagine you go to bed today and the world is black and white and then you wake up, and everything’s in colour. That’s what it was like!’ That’s the profound effect it had on me.

Priest

https://www.metalcastle.net/judas-priests-rob-halford-reveals-the-rock-icon-who-inspired-him/

Speaking about his inspirations, Rob Halford stated that The Beatles, John Lennon, The Rolling Stones and The Who singer Roger Daltrey inspired him during his musical career. Rob Halford stated about John Lennon that he was a ‘big inspiration’ for him.

“John Lennon was a big inspiration for me as a person, musician, and activist, so definitely The Beatles. It was great, brilliant, absolutely stellar. For me, The Beatles were a great inspiration.

“I didn’t really understand the voice that much at the time, but I know I must’ve been soaking that in how voices can do extraordinary things, particularly the harmonies that The Beatles used to do.

Just to highlight your ignorance and also thanks for the racist BS.

Back