Is there any pop/rock band u respect morr than The Beatles

All of them. The Beatles are an overrated spray painted rusty trash can

1971 - I'll put this up against anything the Beatles did on Let It Be.

Unfortunately, I think the Beach Boys were pigeonholed into the surfer image and a lot of people just didn't pay attention or respect them in the 70s. Brian at one pointed wanted to rename the band as "The Beach". Mike Love was vehemently opposed to changing the formula of the band and just wanted to write radio friendly pop songs.

Pet Sounds and onward probably should have just been a Brian Wilson solo album but you really needed those harmonies of Al, Mike and Carl to bring it all together.

Surfs' Up is a miles better album than Let it Be (Which isn't especially good). The problem I've always found with the Beach Boys is they're maddeningly inconsistent, when they were good (Pet Sounds, Surfs Up, Smile Sessions) they were great, but when they were going through the motions they were pretty shit.

Very overrated band. They're just another boy band for me, insanely popular for the 'mania', not the music.
Apart from The Beach Boys, there isn't one other "boys band" with a single album in the Top 10 of an all-time poll by a major institution (ex. Rolling Stone magazine, Village Voice Pazz & Jop, NME, Spin, Pitchfork, etc). Hell, you won't see groups like the Backstreet Boys make a Top 10 for a year, much less a decade or all-time.

The Beatles have half a dozen albums in the Top 25 of most all-time lists. Even the wide world of hipsters across the internet, consisting of mostly GenX and younger voters, put more Beatles albums in its Top 25 all-time (x3) than any other individual or group. This on websites like RYM.

Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Queen, The Who, CCR, The Eagles, Wu-Tang Clan....doesn't matter. Nobody else can compete.

It's very much about the music. That's why they endure. Nobody remembers the "mania" except women with names like Agatha or Agnes.

Depends on your criteria.

For innovation? Of course not.
For song writing? Of course not.
For my personal tastes? Sure, lots of them.

Depends on your criteria.

For innovation? Of course not.
For song writing? Of course not.
For my personal tastes? Sure, lots of them.
They are one of the most innovative bands in history. That's why everyone tried to sound like them.

In terms of songwriting, no band composed more great songs. No band even composed half as many great songs. Their gift for melody, in particular, transcends every other musician or group of musicians in history by astronomic margins.

Back