Is this the scariest highlight reel from all forms of combat

Came here expecting Tank Abbott.

Please pinkbelt and ban OP, then move thread to the Pillowfight forum.
Some of the mods have even posted boxing threads in the ufc forum this week, bizarre. The place has gone to the dogs.

Tyson Fights were awesome, you didnt even need to buy snacks, shit would be done in less than a minute anyway.

Everyone Know Tyson he's soo Good, But My Fav Boxer it's Sonny Liston he's
a literal representation of destruction but outside the ring a gentleman even if the media portrayed him as a bad guy.

He was a bad guy because he was mobbed up. Also that’s a shitty cover of House of the Rising Sun.

I haven't watched much of Tyson but with his involvement with Fury's camp had me go back. Was Tyson the most destructive fighter in combat sports history?

That 2:35 body shot.... fucks sake

You could pay me to take hits from a lot of guys. Not bravery just stupidity.

Not enough money on the planet to take one from prime Mike though <Eek2.0>

I love this. When I was a young buck at the gym, our coach used to laugh at us about Tyson. Then he would show us Earnie Shavers.

I grew up during this but thanks OP and others for the reminders.

Couple of those vids I kept thinking damn how many fights in 1985 did he have, then it said that as of year 3 he had averaged MORE than a fight per month for 3 years straight.

I forgot that, speaks to both his dominance and durability.

He had an invisible chin though. I mean how Clay found it was quite astounding.
If you can’t defend Ali’s jab you’re stranded in the ocean. Sonny’s head movement was good, but no great, and he insisted on fighting Ali at mid to long range (because Sonny also had an outstanding jab & he preferred to base his entire arsenal off of it).

What’s really interesting is that similar to Joe Louis, Sonny showed against Cleveland Williams that he could tear you apart inside, which Joe Louis demonstrated in the rematch against Schmelling. But again, Sonny just refused to abandon the jab and trying & patiently corner Ali (which he did in Round 2 but went away from it thereafter).

Sonny’s chin was so potent, as demonstrated in his first match against (a pre-gunshot) Cleveland Williams that I still believe Sonny took a dive in the rematch with Ali. That coupled with how unrealistic his poor recovery from that knock down looked, has me convinced that the real Sonny Liston shakes that right hand off. His recovery was excellent in the Cleveland Williams match and he ate a mean right hand from Ali in the 3rd round of the first match; and it just made him angrier.

Back