Is Tom Wilson a cheapshot/dirty player?

Is Tom Wilson cheapshot/dirty player?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or is he bona fide hard nosed power forward, who just plays the game old school styles. Just like his predecessors Tocchet, Neely, Clark.

This is his latest questionable hit.

Here's more of him through his career.

This why enforcers are necessary. If that first hit would have happened back in the day there would have been somebody like Bob Probert or Chris Nilan beating the shit out of him. In a way the threat of the enforcer can almost make the game more safe.

I was watching a documentary recently called "The Last of the Enforcers" and one of the old goons made a good point by saying that their would be noway that a player like Sidney Crosby would be out with that many concussions in his day.

I'm pretty bias when it comes to Old time hockey though. I grew up in a hockey town in the Northern Midwest and started getting into hockey as a kid in the 80's. The semi pro team from my home town in the 60's and 70's (Marquette Iron Rangers) was actually the Team that the Hanson Brothers (Carlson Bros, in real life) from the movie Slap Shot played on. My Dad told me stories about those games and he said they were pretty brutal.

I guess to answer your question though I voted, "I'm on the fence" In my heart I just see it as old time hockey, but in reality the game has changed a lot since then and calling his antics dirty isn't unreasonable.

Is Tom Wilson a dirty player? Absolutely.

Was his latest hit "dirty"? Absolutely not.

It was a bit late, and the 2 min penalty was all it warranted, and even that is debatable.

For the record I'm a Penguins fan.

He plays on the edge but that recent example was a clean hit that may...may been a tad late.

No, I watched the clip and that hit to Zadorov was beautiful

And he just ran a Boston player into he boards, leaving his feet, and direct contact to the head.

Complete POS.

But holy shit are the Boston announcers a bunch of whiney little bitches.

Last edited:
And he just ran a Boston player into he boards, leaving his feet, and direct contact to the head.

Complete POS.

But holy shit are the Boston announcers a bunch of whiney little bitches.

You're talking about this hit?

At least Wilson stepped up and fought Tinordi after.

You're talking about this hit?

At least Wilson stepped up and fought Tinordi after.

I'll give him some credit for that, but Tinordi isn't really a fighter, just big.

Got 7 games, thought it might be more due to his history.

That's still quite a bit with the shortened season.

This why enforcers are necessary. If that first hit would have happened back in the day there would have been somebody like Bob Probert or Chris Nilan beating the shit out of him. In a way the threat of the enforcer can almost make the game more safe.

I was watching a documentary recently called "The Last of the Enforcers" and one of the old goons made a good point by saying that their would be noway that a player like Sidney Crosby would be out with that many concussions in his day.

I'm pretty bias when it comes to Old time hockey though. I grew up in a hockey town in the Northern Midwest and started getting into hockey as a kid in the 80's. The semi pro team from my home town in the 60's and 70's (Marquette Iron Rangers) was actually the Team that the Hanson Brothers (Carlson Bros, in real life) from the movie Slap Shot played on. My Dad told me stories about those games and he said they were pretty brutal.
Yeah I feel like my people of the old school hockey audience could be watching anything short of homicide out there and we'd be fine.

College games I can understand yanking and penalizing everything but for the professionals I wish it wasn't always a pullover jersey getting nuked into oblivion by refs

Do taxes still exist?

Heck yeah. He errs on the side of dirty.. (If) he asks himself the question "This hit is iffy, should I finish it?" he always answers yes...

In saying that, it's this reason why he has a job and even skates on the first line at times. The only way these guys get run out isn't through fights but rather suspensions. If you keep getting sat for 10%-20% of the season, you don't tend to last long IMO.

Back