Is tuf done?

Chris Leben an the water prank lives forever

I think so. They were saying it on season 28 and the contestants all got tuf 28 tattoos to commemorate it being the last season. I would liked to have seen it continue on but it is what it is I guess
My wife and I were talking about it earlier. I guess it just lost its appeal. You have to have big name coaches and over time I guess you kind of run out of coaches to use. I think it most likely has something to do with the ESPN buyout too. They have moved to a much more popular platform and maybe a TUF show isn't needed. Besides, it would have to be on ESPN and perhaps espn just doesn't have the availability or desire for it.

Probably gonna be revamped and relaunched at the new training center.

I highly prefer Dana Whites Tuesday Night Contender Series, as its not guys dry humping to get to a live finale, its dudes banging and banging some more in hopes they get picked up

If Jon allows them

Probably gonna be revamped and relaunched at the new training center.

I highly prefer Dana Whites Tuesday Night Contender Series, as its not guys dry humping to get to a live finale, its dudes banging and banging some more in hopes they get picked up

But the TUF fighters seem to do better once they get in.

I still think there's a place for TUF since the UFC does not want to hold tournaments. However they need to wait before seasons, they keep pumping them out and filling the roster with rather low tier fighters that hardly anybody remembers anymore and let's be honest, aren't all that great to begin with. Once upon a time if you won TUF, you were a legitimate contender. A lot of the talent these guys struggles to maintain a UFC contract.

I'd rather Tuesday night contender become more of a thing. I stopped watching TUF after a few seasons

The fighters kept saying it was the last season. Macy and Leah both had something to say about them being the last fight too.
It could be moving locations or something.
But the most telling evidence is Dana saying it wasn't over, so it probably is.

I do not understand what happened with TUF. Did people just lose interest or has the contestants become too careful? The show's format has been the same
The UFC roster ballooned to like 500 people, and there are fighters who debut constantly on UFC's regular cards.

Back when TUF started, getting into the UFC was a huge deal and, since not everyone was already signed by the UFC, the show's talent pool was good. In the glory days of TUF, a handful of the fighters in a season would end up having UFC careers. More recently, even the winners haven't been very good.

The UFC roster ballooned to like 500 people, and there are fighters who debut constantly on UFC's regular cards.

Back when TUF started, getting into the UFC was a huge deal and, since not everyone was already signed by the UFC, the show's talent pool was good. In the glory days of TUF, a handful of the fighters in a season would end up having UFC careers. More recently, even the winners haven't been very good.

Not to mention, you don't even have to win TUF to be successful in the UFC. Just being on the show can be enough.

I would consider myself a diehard. I watch literally every ufc. But I haven't watched tuf in YEARS

If TUF gets resurrected, where will it be shown?

I think he said this during Friday's press conference

Dana said they're bringing it back eventually. Woops guy above me posted it already. Anyway I think TUF serves a good purpose overall, lots of quality fighters have made their way through that tournament format. At least two of the current Champions Whittaker/Usman and recent Champ TJ Dillashaw.

They need to really change it up. 45 minutes of bullshit and 1 fight gets really old week after week.

I would consider myself a diehard. I watch literally every ufc. But I haven't watched tuf in YEARS
I used to be a die hard, but I still watch almost all the events, sans the Contender's series because I don't have the time. But back when I was a die hard, I still got burnt out of TUF. I don't think I watched any of it past maybe 2012, whatever season Tony Ferguson was on, I remember him badgering that dude about where his son was.

Chris Leben an the water prank lives forever

And Noah Inhofer quitting the show for his girlfriend, lol.

And Jeremy Jackson jumping the wall at the mansion to go get some puss. I looked him up to make sure he was the dude, and apparently he's in prison for 25 years to life for rape. Damn.

And Noah Inhofer quitting the show for his girlfriend, lol.

And Jeremy Jackson jumping the wall at the mansion to go get some puss. I looked him up to make sure he was the dude, and apparently he's in prison for 25 years to life for rape. Damn.
Damn! He really did want that puss. o_O

Back