Multiplatform VR Megathread

One reason VR will never make it is because it makes a lot of people dizzy and sick after a couple minutes.
I had this problem playing RE4. Only game so far that has gave me motion sickness.

@PEB have you seen this. Its the sequel to Boneworks called Bonelab. It supposed to be a pretty big deal and is coming out in a few days.

One reason VR will never make it is because it makes a lot of people dizzy and sick after a couple minutes.

I think you are a few years in the past. Most of that was eliminated through framerates.

There are reasons for that which can be remedied, but the solutions are a long ways out.

Oculus is taking on all the issues in parallel:

There are reasons for that which can be remedied, but the solutions are a long ways out.

Oculus is taking on all the issues in parallel:

These issues have been largely addressed earlier generation headsets most notably the original oculus quest had very poor head tracking that was very laggy and 60 hz frame rate causing people to become sick from the experience. New headsets today have a least 90 hz frame rate and vastly improved head tracking cutting the latency down by at least 3 times lower if not more. Newer headsets such as the pico neo will get 120 hz and get rid of ghosting and side distortion using new pancake optics that will appear in the the Meta Qwest Pro. Gone are the days of fresnel optics and have much higher quality displays that are at least 2100 per eye. Add eye tracking and even higher resolution optics as well as 4k passthrough it really changes the game.

Sorry Mark Z not willing to share.

Quest 3 designs if real impressive technology.

I think it slowed because the GPU shortage made computer upgrades too expensive. That's all.

Quest 2 just keeps getting more popular
So many kids have them now

Back